five ✰ d. swanson (atl)

better with you

for damndansby

better with you✰ ✰ ✰for damndansby

The day is finally here. I'm actually graduating. For some reason it's so hard to believe, finally leaving after four long years of blood, sweat and tears. But unfortunately, the day doesn't seem as special to me as it does everyone else. It's as if something's missing - someone's missing. I understand Dansby's circumstances, and obviously his career makes his schedule very busy. I completely understand that he's unable to be here with me on my graduation day. I mean, this is what you experience in not only a long term relationship, but a long term relationship with a guy in the majors. I would be lying if I said I wasn't upset when he told me he wouldn't be able to make it, but I'm dealing with it because I know he wants to be here, but he just can't. There is about an hour until I have to be at the graduation rehearsal. I just finished doing my makeup and hair, and I finally put on my dress. I decided to facetime him, as he's probably just as bored as I am. After two rings, he picks up and I am finally able to see his adorable face.

"Baby!" I squeal at the amazing sight of my boyfriend, Dansby Swanson. But the only image on the screen is one of him with his mouth wide open. What a goof.

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" I can't help but blush at his comment. Suddenly becoming extremely pink, I giggle as I cover my face with my hand.

"Hey, don't cover your face, beautiful. I love staring at my drop dead gorgeous girlfriend. Seriously, Kellie, you look absolutely amazing. Wait! Do you have your dress on?!" He suddenly begins screaming.

"Yes, I have my dress on." I can barely speak because of how funny his sudden burst of excitement was.

"Oh my god, give me the whole look, girl!" God, I love this boy. I stand up from my bed and position myself in front of my full-length mirror. After flipping the camera to show the mirror, I begin striking little poses, a mini-fashion show, I would call it.

"Yes sis! Work. Oh yes! Strike. That. Pose." I topple over in laughter at his attempt to sound like a girl hyping up her best friend. And he thinks he's lucky because to be dating me. Ha, it's definitely the other way around.

"Would you like an autograph?" His face immediately lights up at my offer.

"I would do anything to get an autograph from the most beautiful woman in the world, the Kellie." And I'm blushing again.

"You kill me, babe."

"I know. I'm hilarious.-" He flashes me that adorable toothy grin, as I return my own.

"You know, I really wish I could make it to your grad, Kellie."

"Babe, it's fi-"

"No, it's not fine. This is a huge day for you. And it really sucks that I can't be there with you to celebrate. I'm sorry." He quickly goes from super happy to sad, and unfortunately, that makes me sad. I can't stand to see him upset.

"Hey baby, it's okay. We'll see each other soon. I promise." This immediately makes him happy again. I turn to check the time when I notice I have ten minutes to get to the rehearsal. Time flies when you're talking to your favourite person.

"Okay, I have to get to my rehearsal. I love you so much, babe. I can't wait to see you soon."

"I love you, too, baby. Sooner than you know." He smiles and waves as he ends the call, leaving me in confusion. Sooner than I know? What could that even mean? I check the time again. Eight minutes? I'm definitely going to be late. But it was worth it.

-time skip to graduation-

Well, that's it. I've officially graduated from university. I really never thought I'd make it this far. After taking multiple post-ceremony pictures with my friends, I walk out to the courtyard to, hopefully, find my parents. Noticing my parents faces instantly, I quickly start walking towards them. Them; my mom, my dad, and a tall stranger, with dark, curly hair. I feel like I recognize the hair, but I can't quite put my finger on it. And then he turns around. And i swear my breathing stopped. I'm running. He's here. I can't believe he's actually here. At this moment, no one else matters. Scratch that. Nothing else matters. Everything else disappears and it is just him and I. Running full speed towards him, I finally collide with Dansby, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck as he does around my waist, slightly lifting me off the ground. We stay like this for god knows how long. I never this moment to end. Countless thoughts are running through my head at this time. But instead of focussing on them, I focus on him and the endless list of things I love about him. The smell of his cologne, the softness of his hair, and I especially love his hugs, which I could literally never get enough of. Just the feeling of having him with me is enough to calm all of the nerves I previously had. I am finally with him again. After pulling back from the embrace, I waste no time in grabbing either side of his face and connecting our lips. My hands find their way to his hair, getting lost in the curls as his hands snake around my waist, using every possibility to pull me closer to him. A once soft peck turns into a passionate kiss, a kiss that I would not ask to share with anyone else. Even though we have met in person quite often, the lack of his constant presence is enough to drive me insane. I savour every moment I have to kiss, hug and hold him. And this kiss is no different. But unfortunately, we are in a public place, with many people surrounding us. So eventually, we disconnect after our long, passionate kiss.

"Shouldn't you be playing the Blue Jays right now? You know, in another country?" This makes him laugh. And of course I can't complain when he has the most gorgeous smile known to man.

"If I was, I wouldn't be here. Kellie, you know I'd never miss this." He laces our fingers as we begin walking back to my car.

"But you're missing your game for some stupid graduation."

"I am missing one game out of many. My beautiful girlfriend only graduates once."

"I love you so much, Dansby." I look up to meet his eyes as we're walking.

"I love you, too, Kellie."

"You know, you looked absolutely stunning." My cheeks quickly heat up at his comment.

"Oh, really?"

"Oh yeah. Easily the best looking out of everyone, even more beautiful than me. And that's a pretty hard one to beat.-" This quickly sends me into a huge fit of laughter.

"But seriously, you looked even better than you did during your mini fashion show." I smile as I recall our facetime before I left for my rehearsal. And as we walk back to the car, it finally hits me.

"So this is what you meant by sooner than you know!" He kisses me on the cheek and laughs at how long it took me to realize. I'll never get sick of that laugh. Whether it's on facetime or in person, I'm always happy when I'm with Dansby. Graduation would have been fun anyways, but having him with me definitely made it 100 times better.

-

i'm sorry that this is so poorly written ! I tried to make it as cute as possible :/  i really hope you enjoy it though, despite it's lack of cute !

jillian