eight ✰ d. swanson (atl)

late nights

for mlbjudge

After the game coming to an amazing end, Braves winning 5-1, I meet my boyfriend, Dansby Swanson, outside of the locker room of SunTrust Park

After the game coming to an amazing end, Braves winning 5-1, I meet my boyfriend, Dansby Swanson, outside of the locker room of SunTrust Park. After him showering and finally joining me, I immediately lace our fingers together.

"You know I'm proud of you, right?" I say, looking up into his beautiful eyes.

"You know I love you, right?" Even though I've heard it thousands of times before, I can't help but blush every time. The things this boy does to me.

"I love you, too, babe. But can we walk a little faster? I just wanna get home and sleep." After this long day of watching baseball, I can't wait to get home and cuddle with my boo and sleep. But for some reason, my boo has something else in mind.

"But I don't wanna go home yet."

"Baaaaabe-"

"OH! Let's go to the beach!" (@ nicki minaj) He says, with the most energy I've ever witnessed someone have at this time. When he's so excited, how could I say no?

"Dansby, it's almost 12 am."

"And that's the good part - the beach never closes." It amazes me how dumb he can be sometimes.

"But don't you want to go home and cuddle on the couch?" I'm trying as hard as I can to change his mind.

"Yeah, butttttt... we can cuddle on the beach."

"How are you not tired? You've been playing baseball all day. I've just been watching and I'm tired as hell." He laughs at my laziness. I love when he laughs. Lunging towards me, he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"I guess I can just carry you then,"

"I have no complaints against this," A smile quickly growing on my face.

"So is that a yes? Beach time?"

"Dansby..." Noticing my hesitation as he places me back on the ground, he immediately begins making puppy dog eyes at me, flashing his award-winning smile.

"Ugh, fine. We can go for a few minutes. But as soon as we get home, I'm going to bed." Placing an eager kiss on my cheek and opening the car door for me, Dansby seems more excited than ever.

"YAY!" He screams as he skips to the other side of the car.

"You're buying me food by the way," Ah, yes. The one condition.

"Of course, love." He says, driving with one hand on the wheel, the other on my thigh. I just turn to smile at him before I feel myself slightly fall asleep.

-time skip-

During our short-ish drive to the beach, I could feel myself getting more tired by the second. As we both step out of the car, he immediately grabs my hand and a blanket from the trunk. Slowly inching closer to the water, Dansby finally places the blanket down for us to sit. He sits down first, but seeing my low energy level, I can barely manage to. Dansby grabs onto my hand, pulling me into his lap. His arms land around my torso, I grab onto them, lacing our fingers with one another. As I sit in Dansby's lap, his head rests on my shoulder, I begin falling asleep again. Only to be woken up by Dansby placing multiple soft kisses from my forehead to my shoulder.

"Babyyyyy, just let me sleep."

"You can sleep - when we go home. Hey, let's go for a walk. That'll wake you up." As he stands up, I simply just fall over, fully laying down on the blanket. If only I could fall asleep right now. But with Dansby, apparently, that won't be happening. He slowly wraps his arms around me, picking me up, carrying me to the shore bridal style. But at this time, I was still half asleep, completely unaware of how close we were getting to the water. And then after a few seconds, I become emerged in water.

"DANSBY!" I look over to where he sits in the water, laughing his ass off. The water is freezing. I'm shaking.

"Are you awake now, baby?" He moves over to me, wrapping his arms around me. I immediately become warm again. But instead of saying anything, I just slowly wrap my arms around his neck and pull his lips down to mine. Although we're standing in the middle of a beach, freezing cold, I don't mind; anything is perfect as long as it's with him. Pulling away, we both rest our foreheads against each other. Staring into his stunning, brown eyes, I don't care about being tired, or cold. And while I'd normally rather be sleeping, in this moment, I would really rather be here with Dansby.

"Okay so now we're here, where's my food?"

Obviously I didn't forget about the food he promised. Food is always on my mind.

"Damn it, I thought you were gonna forget about that." I could never forget about food.

"Well, ya thought wrong, boo," He gives me a cute little smile before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Alright, shall we go?"

"We shall." Wrapping his arm around my waist, we both head back to the parking lot, soaking wet.

After picking up some Taco Bell and heading home, sleep was no longer on my mind. The only thing that mattered was that I got to have some fun with my love.

-

sorry this isn't very well put together ! i had such a hard time thinking of what to write lol i hope you enjoy it , love !! 💗

jillian