twenty-nine ✰ t. beede (sf)

post game feels

for -beede

In the bottom of the ninth at AT&T Park, the score is tied

In the bottom of the ninth at AT&T Park, the score is tied. And honestly, I'm not expecting there to be some huge walk off hit or anything. I mean, with pitcher Tyler Beede up to bat and two outs, it's almost definite that we will be going into extra innings. Despite having runners on the corners, even a simple sacrifice fly wouldn't do anything. I let out a small sigh as Tyler steps into the batter's box. I begin to search the field, still struggling to figure out the player I'd interview post game. There wasn't really anything special so far, and especially not offensively. A few good plays were made by the infielders, but nothing special enough to be worthy of an interview. Finally turning back to home plate, I have a perfect view of the umpire as he flashes the current count. 2-2. I wouldn't be surprised if he struck out. I mean, he is a pitcher afterall. I glance down at my blouse, noticing a small hair stuck to the front. As I slowly reach to remove it, my attention quickly snaps toward Beede as a crack of the bat is deafening throughout the park. Watching Tyler toss his bat, the ball sails far over the right field wall. I'm left with my mouth hanging open as my mind is blown. The pitcher went oppo. Not only did a pitcher go yard, but it was Tyler's first walk off homerun. I stand along with the rest of the crowd, cheering at the top of my lungs as the players round the bases. The Giants come out on top, 6-3. And I know exactly who I'll be interviewing.

As I make my way onto the field, the atmosphere completely changes. Instead of wild and rowdy fans, I'm all of a sudden surrounded by a small group of guys who are more than proud of their pitcher, who just proved everyone wrong - myself included. I greet some of the players as I make my way towards Tyler Beede. And as I do so, the nerves take over. I'm beyond confused. I never become timid before any interviews; it's my job. But for some reason, I'm more than a little scared to talk to Tyler. Maybe it was something I ate earlier. I'm sure that's what it is. Ballpark food can do that to you, right?

"Tyler!" I call over to grab his attention as the guys surround him. As he finally parts himself from the group, he flashes a charming smile in my direction while making his way over to me. 

"Hi Karina! How are you?" He asks as he finally meets me just outside of the Giants dugout.

"I'm well, but more importantly, how are you, Tyler? I mean, you must feel amazing." I say, looking up to him as his 6'3 build towers over me. Tyler wipes small beads of sweat from his forehead, slowly inching closer to me. Butterflies erupt in my stomach. I don't know where these odd feelings are coming from out of nowhere, but they need to stop and I need to focus. I'm not going to mess up this interview. Tyler takes a deep breath.

"Yeah, I-I'm so overwhelmed. But really, it wasn't all on me. At the end of the night, we're really a team and you can't always rely on one guy to carry. So I may have helped, but so did everyone else, offensively and defensively." Tyler says nodding, holding eye contact with me. My heart melts. I don't think I've ever met such a humble, team-player before. And really, he seems like an amazing guys.

"Classic Tyler. Always about the team," I laugh, receiving a small chuckle from him as well.

"But I want to know your secret. Now it's been pretty clear in your last starts, and especially your at-bats that there has been some kind of change; a huge improvement from where you sat at the beginning of the season. Is there anything you might be doing differently?" I turn to him, suddenly noticing his expression go blank, as if he has no idea what to say. After a few moments of thought, Tyler finally breaks the silence.

"Well I wouldn't say there's anything in particular. Really, I think I've just been more dedicated and focussed in general. Whether it be spending more time training, or even just taking to time to study batters, I think I've just been putting in a little more work." He says with a smile, nodding. I return the smile before turning back towards the camera.

"Amazing. Well, congratulations Tyler on your-" Loud footsteps approaching our setup interrupt my closing statement. And then I'm drenched in freezing water. It runs down my back, soaking my clothes, along with Tylers. Laughing while lightly jogging away from McCutchen and Crawford, who drenched us both in water, Tyler continues to smile at me. I can't help but smile back. Tyler approaches me once again, and chills run through my body as my wet skin suddenly becomes exposed to the cool, night air. Noticing my trembling body, Tyler kindly wraps his arms around me, my body immediately being swarmed with tingles. Tylers takes off his wet hat and places it on my head as we continue to huddle together for warmth. But something inside me thinks this is more than just a 'huddle'. The camera turns to face Brandon and Andrew who still continue to laugh their asses off. Tyler slowly leans closer to me, his lips brushing up against my ear. Chills run from my head to my toe.

"You want to really know why I've been doing well recently?" I gulp, slowly turning to face him while offering a small nod. I couldn't even guess what he could say. But there's just something so compelling about him and the moment as a whole, how could I say no?

"I've been trying to impress you, and I thought that maybe if I did something outstanding during the game, you'd eventually interview me. And I'd finally get to meet you." I suddenly find myself moving closer to Tyler, wanting this hug to last forever. A blush rises to my cheeks, and I turn away from him in hopes he wouldn't notice. But as my head is turned away from his, Tyler takes the opportunity to place a small kiss on my forehead, leaving me speechless. I'm no longer cold as a result of the water. I'm overwhelmed with heat, as a result of Tyler Beede. He returns to whisper in my ear one final time.

"It was nice meeting you, Karina." I take a deep breath. And when I finally turn to face him, Tyler's disappeared into the dugout. And I'm left a blushing mess, as well as being extremely confused. The cameraman finally turns back to me, and I put on my best, professional face.

"That was starting pitcher Tyler Beede who lead the team to victory, earning the Giants a big win with a three-run deficit, all thanks to Beede's walk off homerun in the ninth inning. This has been Karina from AT&T Park, celebrating the Giants' big 6-3 win. Goodnight everyone!" And as the camera turns off, I return to my thoughts. Tyler continues to run through my mind; his words, his actions, his everything. I turn to walk towards the clubhouse, reaching to run my hand through my hair, only to be met with the fabric of a hat - Tyler's hat.

-

this idea was honestly so much fun to write , kari ! my attempts to sound professional in the interview are seriously terrible oof haha ,, anyways, i really hope you like it girly !! 💗

aLsO i'm pretty sure he's in the minors as of now, BUT i just wrote sf to match the rest of the major league teams :/

jillian