fifteen ✰ a. duvall (cin)

i've changed my mind

for morganrg7

And after five minutes, I finally let myself wander into the bathroom, urgent to seek the results

And after five minutes, I finally let myself wander into the bathroom, urgent to seek the results. While holding the answer in my hand, I realize I was right all along - I'm pregnant. Letting out all of my happiness, I squeal, bouncing around the bathroom. I can't wait to tell Adam! I mean, we've never necessarily discussed starting a family but we both seem to be about the right age. I know he'll be happy for me - for us.

Awaiting his return from today's game, I could barely sit still. Usually I go to all of his games, seeing as I'm unemployed. But today, I decided to stay stay home and take the pregnancy tests. Hearing the front door open, I jump up from our bed, trampling down the stairs toward the front door. Immediately turning the corner to meet him, I notice the disappointed expression on his face. While he turns around to place his keys on the hook, I walk over, wrapping my arms around his torso, resting my head against his back. He's clearly upset about their 9-3 loss, but possibly more upset about going 0 for 4, with two strikeouts. I was hoping the surprise would cheer him up, but I didn't want to do it now, especially because of how distant he gets coming home from a loss. After a few moments of holding onto one another, Adam lets out a discouraged sigh.

"Baby, I'm gonna go take a nap." He turns towards the stairs, placing a kiss on my forehead. I watch as he slowly walks up the stairs and out of my view. I can't help but feel bad for him, but I was really hoping I could tell him the good news after the game. I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

- the next day... -

Realizing I had some extra time, I made a last minute decision to make the surprise a little more special than just simply telling Adam. Yesterday while he was sleeping, I slipped out of the house for little while and picked up some supplies. Stopping at the mall, I designed some custom Cincinnati Reds jerseys, with Adam's number, of course. But instead of Duvall written on the back, I replaced it with 'Mommy' and 'Daddy'. Also picking up a small box to put the pregnancy test in, I placed everything together on the kitchen table along with some breakfast, and made my way to wake him up. Taking my place beside him in our bed, I begin placing small kisses up and down his jawline and neck. Moving to his cheek and forehead, Adam's eyes finally open, quickly moving to stare into mine. I could stay in this moment forever. But as of now, I couldn't wait to get him downstairs for breakfast. Without any words, I grab his hand, pulling him up from our bed and dragging him into the kitchen.

"Morgan, what are you-," He stops when he notices the items on the table. Quickly flashing me a confused look, he notices my growing smile.

"What is this?" He asks, clearly dumbfounded by the boxes set on the table.

"Open it." I say, calmly. I'm trying so hard to keep my cool, despite how much I want to freak out right now. Adam slowly picks up the larger box, containing the jerseys. Opening it, he seems to become even more confused. Unfortunately, he didn't open the smaller box, but luckily, he didn't read the back of the jerseys, as they would make no sense, seeing as he's still unaware of my pregnancy. Turning around to look at me for approval as he slowly reaches towards the smaller item, I nod eagerly. It's about to happen! Unwrapping and opening the lid, his face goes blank when he notices the positive pregnancy test.