nineteen ✰ e. hosmer (sd)

dad material

for camillebis13

dad material✰ ✰ ✰for camillebis13

At 11:15 am, the lunch bell rings. I dismiss my second grade class, instructing everyone to head outside for recess. After the last kid exits my class, I sit down behind my desk, letting out a sigh. Reaching to organize the many papers thrown around my desk, I'm interrupted by a knock on the door. A groan escapes my lips, who could it be? Can't I just have a few minutes to myself for once? Finally reaching for the door knob, the door opens to reveal the only person I could possibly be happy to see right now, my loving husband. Before I'm able to get a word in, Eric's hands grip onto my waist while pushing us both into the class. Kicking the door closed behind him, his lips immediately attach to mine. Being attacked by kisses, I let out a small laugh. As Eric finally pulls away, he rests his head in the crook of my neck as we remain wrapped in each others' arms, swaying silently. Just thinking about the fact he's made my dad go from shitty to amazing makes me smile.

"Hi," I say, quietly, allowing my hand to drift into his hair, getting lost in its waves.

"Hey," And before we know it, the bell rings and kids fill the hallway. Hearing the door open, Eric and I quickly put space between us. In order for a guest to enter a classroom at my school, there obviously has to be a reason. And for Eric to say he just wanted to see his wife definitely wasn't good enough  and could even possibly get me fired. I quickly scramble through my thoughts, trying to think of an idea as the kids take their seats, silently staring at the two of us at the front of the class. As the classroom remains quiet, I look to Eric for some kind of help. He takes charge.

"Hi kids!" They all respond instantly in a mix of different greetings.

"I'm Eric Hosmer! And if some of you are baseball fans, you might recognize me as the first baseman for the San Diego Padres." The kids' faces immediately light up. And while many of the kids seemed to understand what Eric did and who he was, some didn't seem to get it.

"Eric, why don't you tell them what you do?"

"Of course, uh, Mrs. Hosmer." He flashes a wink my way before turning back to the class as they wait patiently. I've never seen them more excited or intrigued, especially enough to keep them this quiet.

"Well, I play baseball. Who here likes to play baseball?-" Almost everyone raised their hands. Eric smiles at their reaction.

"Wow! I think we're all going to be great friends!" I turn to where Eric placed his things when he burst into my classroom. I notice a large bag, filled to the top with circular objects that I can't quite make out. Watching as he makes his way to grab the bag, I realize it's filled with baseballs - signed baseballs by the team. My heart melts on the spot. He really did plan to come and talk to the kids. My eyes follow my husband as he makes his way around the classroom, handing out the balls as the kids' faces light up. I've taken Eric to many of my family gatherings and I've seen what he's like with my little cousin. But now, I'm really noticing how amazing he is with kids. And I can't help but wonder when he's going to want our own. Just watching how happy makes them, I become overjoyed, simply thinking that one day, he could be making our own son or daughter smile like that. But the thing is, we've never talked about having kids. And a small part of me believes that he might not want them just yet, seeing as how busy he currently is with his career. But I know that even though he might be busy, Eric would do anything in his power to make time for our baby boy or girl. Being pulled out of my thoughts, Eric meets me at the front of the classroom once again. We watch together as the second graders examine the baseballs. I lean over to whisper something in Eric's ear.

"You're amazing, you know that?" He turns to look at me with a smile on his face. Leaning in to plant a kiss on my lips, I place my hand over Eric's mouth, hinting for him to stop. I widen my eyes while subtly pointing my head towards the kids. He nods, understanding. As he leans in to return as whisper, I face back towards the kids to make sure they're still occupied.

"You're even more amazing, Camille." A blush rises to my cheeks when I notice one of the students has her hand raised.

"Yes, Katie?"

"Oh, um, I was wondering if I could give Eric a hug." I look towards Eric, waiting for a response. He clears his throat.

"Of course! Group hug!" The kids are immediately up and out of their seats, attacking Eric with hugs at the front of the class. I begin to walk back to my desk when I hear my name being called. I turn around to see who exactly was calling for me, and who could've guessed - Eric.

"Mrs. Hosmer, join us!" He waves me over to the crowd.

"Yeah!"

"Come on!"

"It's not a group hug without you, Mrs. Hosmer!" With all of my amazing students and my perfect husband begging, how could I say no? I walk over to the group, immediately being engulfed by the twenty children. I find myself in the middle of the pack, right beside Eric. Secretively, he sneaks an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him in the large group of students. Eric always seems to make everything better - even my crazy job.

-random time skip-

As the end of the day approaches, I sit at my desk watching as the students finish the last of their math work. While some may find problems in understanding, Eric always finds a way to make sure every single kid gets the help they need, allowing me to finally sit back and relax. And what would I rather do than watch my husband show traits of the perfect dad. The thoughts of having children cross my mind again. I can't stop thinking about how happy it would make both of us. I mean, I think I'm ready, but is Eric?

The bell rings once again and I wave off the final student, watching her skip down the hallway towards the doors to the school. Letting out a sigh, I turn back into my classroom, only to see Eric cleaning up some of the work that's been left. Quietly sneaking up on him, I wrap my arms around his torso, resting my head on his back.

"Eric?" I whisper softly as we stand alone in the middle of the classroom.

"Yeah?" He quietly whispers back.

"I want kids." Eric quickly turns around to face me, with a hint of worry in his eyes. He grabs onto my hands, offering a slight squeeze.

"Now?" He seems unsure, which is exactly what I was afraid of. Silently, I nod in response. My palms have suddenly become sweaty as my heart's began to race.

"C-Camille, I don't know. I'm always away from home. What if I can't be there for you and the baby? You're going to need me, a-and I just can't leave you." His voice shakes with every word.

"Baby, I don't care that you won't always be home. Because I know, deep down inside of me I am positive you will do everything you can to be with us as often as possible. Eric, you would be an amazing dad." Tears fall slowly from my eyes as Eric is quick to wrap his arms around my waist, lifting me off of my feet suddenly. He spins us around in the middle of the empty classroom. Finally being set back on my feet, Eric places his hands on either sides of my face, softly wiping away the happy tears that had fallen. Only for more to fall following the only sentence I'd ever wanted to hear-

"Then, let's start a family, Camille."

-

this was actually so freaking cute ! where do y'all come up with this ah !! i loved writing this too much lmao anyways i really hope you like it girl !! 💗

also i haven't slept in like 2 days because i stay up watching vine compilations haha i have a life

jillian