twenty-seven ✰ g. stanton (nyy)

unaware

for iAm_Kirsten33

unaware✰ ✰ ✰for iAm_Kirsten33

The day was perfect. The location, the dresses, the suits; everything and I mean everything was almost magical. There was just something about the atmosphere. Everyone was just happy. And why wouldn't they be? Thalia, my best friend for god knows how long, was marrying the love of her life. And I couldn't be more excited for her. Having to listen to her gush about Christian Yelich for the past few years was honestly tiring. She never stopped! And really, she should be thanking me. Thanks to me and my...relationship, she can now spend the rest of her life with the man she loves. But if I knew how much I'd have to hear about him, I never would have set them up in the first place. But I mean, I guess that's how you know you're in love. I knew. I used to be exactly like that - with him.

Standing at the front of the room, alongside the best man, the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsmen file in. Everyone looks amazing. But one person especially stands out. Giancarlo Stanton. My heart immediately stops as my palms become drenched in sweat. How dumb had I been to think he wouldn't be attending his best friend's wedding? Sure, Christian plays for Milwaukee now, and G plays for the Yankees. But I'm sure after the many years they spent together in the Marlins organization, Giancarlo wouldn't miss Yeli's wedding for the world. Watching as he ushers one of Thalia's bridesmaids down the aisle, my heart aches. I can't help but wish that was me. But it's not. And I don't think it ever could be again. Finally peeling my eyes off of Giancarlo, I look to where Jason sits quietly in the audience. I can only hope Giancarlo doesn't attempt to talk to me, especially with him around. Because honestly, I don't want him finding out that Jason is his son. Things have been fine so far as a single mom. And having G come back into our lives would ruin everything I've worked so hard for.

-time skip-

The ceremony was beautiful. Their vows brought most of the audience to tears, especially me. But it may not have completely been about their relationship. The words, the emotion, even the way they look at each other; everything reminded me of G. And despite how much I want to, I'm going to stay away from him. And I'm especially going to keep him away from Jason. Or else things could go very poorly.

As I sit with Thalia, Christian, Jason and the best man, they seem to be having a really nice conversation about baseball. But I haven't been able to focus on anything they're saying. I'm too focussed on him. My eyes remain glued on his back. I feel a gentle tap on my hand. Turning to my left, I see Jason looking up at me.

"Mommy, I have to go to the bathroom." He say, swinging his legs back and forth underneath the table.

"Okay, sweetie." I say kindly, grabbing onto his hand. As he jumps down from the table, I push his chair in. And while I wasn't trying to make a scene, in the almost silent room, the chair makes the most disturbing noise, earning everyone's attention. Especially Giancarlo's. Noticing his gaze, I quickly begin leading Jascon to the washroom, trying to keep him out of Giancarlo's sight. And fortunately, it seems I'd done a pretty good job because G didn't follow. Unless, he simply didn't care. And even thinking about that hurts me. Finally reaching the bathroom, Jason lets go of my hand.

"Mommy, wait here." I'm extremely hesitant to let him go by himself, but I guess I'm right outside. I can always rush to help whenever. But to think, my little boy's already growing up so fast. And throughout his life, he's never known his father. I can't help but blame myself for the terrible life I've given him, without his dad and all. Giancarlo and I split before I could tell him about the pregnancy. And I never bothered to tell him after. We haven't spoken since. ( ;) )

"Kirsten?" I look to my right to see none other than Giancarlo Stanton. I always convinced myself that I didn't need him. I don't need him, still. But seeing him, standing there in front of me, there's nothing I can do to stop myself from wrapping my arms around him. He seems taken aback by my actions at first, but almost instantly, G engulfs me in a hug. Just being here with him, holding him, smelling him, everything feels right again. Finally, I take a deep breath and pull away to face him.

"Hi..." I'm quiet. My voice is soft and sounds almost broken. G continues to stare into my eyes and just standing here, with him, everything I ever felt for him comes rushing back. I could talk to him about anything and everything. He was my boyfriend and best friend for three years. And near the end, we discussed having kids. Little did we know that we'd have one in the future, without G even knowing.

"That was quite the exit you made there," He says kindly, with a small chuckle. I laugh, glancing down at my feet while tucking my hair behind my ears. My heart is beating at a mile a minute.

"Ha, yeah. I didn't really mean to make all that noise." He slowly leans in towards my ear, placing the side of his head on mine.

"I'm sure no one cared. It was an excuse to look at you." Again, back to his charming self. My cheeks begin heating up even more, which I didn't even know was possible. Unable to use actual words to answer, I let out a small laugh.

"And that adorable little boy. By the way, who is that?" He asks, completely oblivious. I rapidly pull back from our embrace, meeting his gaze once more. I'm sure he could see the worry in my eyes as his face softens. And without me even knowing how to stop it, my eyes begin slowly filling with tears. Small sniffles are the only thing that can be heard outside of the Mens washroom as G gently wipes my tears.

"G-Giancarlo, he's my son." His face expresses shock but also hurt. G must be sure that it's someone else's child, but little does he know.

"Wait, who-?" Giancarlo proceeds to ask, as I interrupt him.

"He's our son, G." His mouth falls open and tears flood his eyes. I lightly place my hand on his cheek, feeling him slightly lean into it.

"I-I, w-we have a son?" I offer a small nod as our moment is interrupted by the washroom door flying open. I look to see Jason standing beside us, looking as confused as ever. Quickly putting space between us, G and I both wipe our eyes.

"I'm done, mommy." G looks over at me and then back at Jason and I can tell he feels like the worst person to ever walk the planet of the earth. I lean down to Jason's level.

"Why don't you start heading back to Aunt Thalia and Uncle Christian, okay? Mommy is talking to a friend." I say, pointing towards the table where the bride and groom are sitting. Jason nods at me eagerly, quickly taking of towards Thalia and Christian, almost slipping on the way. As Giancarlo and I both watch as he runs away, I finally clear my throat. G turns back to face me, his face covered in tears once again and his eyes redder than a tomato.

"You never told me, Kirsten. Why didn't you tell me?" He asks, almost sounding angry.

"G, I-I don't know. We weren't together. I just didn't bother." I can barely finish my sentence without breaking down. He'd never be able to understand why. I just couldn't find a way to tell him without ruining everything. The tears continue to fall, soaking the front of my dress and smudging all of my makeup. But as Giancarlo wraps an arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him while placing a gentle hand on my cheek, I don't care about anything else.

"Kirsten, I-I want to help. I want to be there and be apart of his life - your life. Please." Giancarlo says quietly, attempting to hold in his tears. And as much I don't want to, there's only one thing I can seem to choke out as warm tears endlessly run down my cheeks.

"Okay."

-

it's so funny because i was watching the yankees game while writing this and every time G was up to bat , i was so in my feels 😂 why am i like this ? aNyWaYS , i really hope you like it girl !! 💗💗

jillian