ten ✰ c. yelich (mil)

show the world

for A_Babbie

I pull out my phone, immediately noticing a text from Christian

baby yeliiii - meet me in the locker room in five minutes. everyone's taking bp right now.

Oh god, something tells me that this won't be a good idea. Glancing over at where Christian stands outside of the dugout, I send him a text back.

natalia - ok, see you then :)

Locking my phone, I shove it back into my pocket, turning my attention back to the field where the boys are currently practicing. After watching for a few minutes, I notice Christian walking into the club house, probably making up some excuse. Waiting a few seconds, I decide to make my own.

"Hey Craig, I just have to take a call. I'll be back in a few minutes." Receiving a nod from Craig, I turn and walk through the dugout to the club house. Making my way to the locker room, every few seconds, I turn around and look behind me, just to make sure no one's following me. Luckily, I'm still alone. Just as I am outside the locker room, I'm stopped. I was alone, until I ran into Lorenzo Cain.

"Hey Natalia!"

"Oh, uh, hey Lorenzo."

"Do you think we could do some one-on-one stretching after the game? I've been having some bad pains in my shoulder and I was hoping you'd help me work it out."

"Yeah yeah, of course. I'm not the physical therapist for nothing, am I right?" I'm chuckle, trying really hard to be nice. But I really wish this conversation would be over sooner. I just want to see Christian.

"Okay! Thank you so much. Oh! And another thing-" My phone goes off, probably a text from Christian. Perfect timing.

"Sorry, Lorenzo. I have to take this. I'll see you after the game and we can continue this then."

"Oh sure, thanks again."

"Yeah, no problem." I wait until he officially turns the corner, heading back to the field, to walk into the locker room. The second I step foot in the room, I feel arms wrap around my waist and a head rest on my shoulder. I quickly turn around to face Christian, grabbing both sides of his face, smashing my lips onto his. We both smile into the kiss. We both pull back, still smiling. I rest my forehead on his, staring into his breathtaking brown eyes.

"I missed you so much, Yeli." This immediately makes his smile ever wider, if that was even possible.

"God, I couldn't even explain how much I've missed you." Even though I see him almost everyday, we never get to spend much time together, especially not when the team is around. When I became the Brewers' physical therapist, the number one rule was that I would not be allowed to be any romantic relationships with any of the guys. They were told the exact same thing. But that didn't stop me from falling head over heels for Christian Yelich the minute I laid eyes on him. And the fact that I would be seeing him all of the time was not helping my situation. And even though I was putting my job on the line, that didn't stop me, especially once I found out that he felt the same way. We've been together since spring training, but have never spent much time in public. But that's what makes the time we do spend together so much better. Even though, I do really wish we could be public, because of our jobs, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Still holding onto each other, just enjoying each other's presence, Christian breaks the silence.