twelve ✰ m. kepler (min)

i missed my bestie

for RoyalMerrifield

"Melea, you have no idea how much I miss you

"Melea, you have no idea how much I miss you. I have no one else to binge watch The Office with! And the guys are getting so annoying, oh my god." Max says on facetime, waving his hands and widening his eyes, clearly very lonely. I can't help but laugh at his dramatic actions.

"Oh my god, Max. You are such a baby!"

"Am not!"

"Boy, I still have to feed you sometimes," He immediately goes quiet. I can see him silently looking down, embarrassed, as I'm laughing my ass off. Lifting his gaze to look at me on his phone screen, I flash him a smile.

"I'm just kidding, Maxine!"

"Did you just call me Maxine?"

"You know it, sister!" He bursts into a fit of laughter, unable to catch his breath. This is exactly why I'm his best friend; no one else can make him laugh like I can.

"Seriously, why do I put up with you?" I immediately tap into my sassy, sarcastic ways, searching for a response.

"Because you love meeeeeeee." His small grin instantly shifts into a humongous, toothy smile. I know he loves me; as a friend. And I love him, also as a friend. Or at least that's what I tell myself. Day after day, I try to convince my feelings to like Max as my best friend, and only my best friend. But clearly, I don't put up the best argument because I can't stop myself from falling more in love with him everyday.

"Yeahhhh, you're right. I do love youuuu!" If only that were true. I know he says in like he means it, but it's only because he's obligated to. He's my best friend, after all. 

"Yeah yeah, anyways. Excited for your game tomorrow?" Although he might not be looking forward to his game, I definitely am. After a few weeks of being away from my best friend because of our jobs, I obviously missed Max like hell. So, I bought a ticket to his game tomorrow. I made sure not to let him find out, though. I was planning on making it a surprise, and I was not going to ruin it. I mean, how could I pass on seeing his face when he finally sees me again? Comedy gold.

"I mean, I guess. It's just a normal, home game. Nothing special." Ha, or so he thinks.

"Well, good luck, Maxine! I'll be watching! But for now, you should definitely go to bed."

"Awh, why? I wanna talk to youuuuu." My heart begins racing at a mile per minute. I know he doesn't mean it like that, but it just makes me so happy thinking 'what if he did mean it as more than friends?'. I know, I know. My thoughts are absolutely insane, but a girl can dream, am I right? And despite my thoughts, I try my hardest not to let him know how I feel. It's like a workout trying to hide my giant smile, but I manage to because I can't risk ruining our friendship.

"Because you need your beauty sleep, you ogre." His face goes from happy to shocked.

"Me? An ogre? As if." He is too obsessed with teen movies. I let out a small chuckle, followed by a slight yawn.

"Whatever, you can stay up. But I'm going to sleep. Goodnight, buddy." He offers a wave and a kind smile.

"Goodnight, Melea!" Hanging up, I fall back into my bed and instantly fall asleep. If only tomorrow could come faster.

-after game-

After an amazing game, I head out to the parking lot with the rest of the fans. I took a bus here, assuming Max would let me ride home with him. Even if he doesn't want me to, I probably will anyways. As the cars and people begin to slowly decrease, I immediately spot Max's car. Walking over to it, I lean on the passenger side door, waiting for him to finish showering and changing. You know, like in the movies? Anyways, he still doesn't know I'm here. Which is very surprising, considering how close I was to him in the outfield. I guess he just didn't notice me. After almost 20 minutes of waiting, I begin to see many tall, figures walking towards the players' parking lot. (lmao is this even a thing?) As the players become very clear, Max breaks the silence that I'd previously been engulfed by.

"Who the fu-?" I turn around to face him as he approaches me.

"Melea!" Immediately pouncing on me, Max wraps me in a hug.

""Hi!" Instead of responding, he answers by squeezing the shit out of me.

"Okay, jesus. I understand that you missed me and all but a girl needs to breathe." He pulls away with possible the biggest smile I've ever seen. And knowing me, I mimic the expression. His smile is just so goddamn contagious.

"My place?" He says with a chuckle, opening the passengers side door for me to get in.

"As long as we're watching The Office."

"Oh, hell yeah!" Max screams, earning stares from his teammates that remain in the parking lot.

"What? I fucking love The Office!" As the Minnesota Twins erupt in laughter, Max slides into the driver's seat, driving away from Target Field.

-later that night-

"Okay, we've literally watched 10 episodes of The Office. Do you wanna watch something else?" Even though The Office never gets old, I guess I'd be down for something different despite how I long to continue watching my favourite show.

"Fine," I say, clearly with hesitation.

"A movie, maybe?" I add on, grabbing the remote from Max's hands.

"Oooh! Let's watch Spiderman!" Overlooking how much I really don't want to watch Spiderman, I begin to search for it , solely because I want to make Max happy. Pressing play, the TV immediately lights up with the opening scene of Spiderman. And while watching, something the actor said sparked a hilarious memory of Max and I, I couldn't help but share it, even with the movie still on in the background. Sharing many smiles, laughs, and stories, we pay no attention to the movie. That is, until the kissing scene. Catching a glimpse of the TV, I bite my lip, turning back to look at Max, only to notice him staring at my lips. Our eyes meet, holding each others' gazes for a few seconds. And then he leans in. Attaching at the lips, nothing else around us matters; not even Spiderman. My hands find their way to his chest, allowing them to simply rest there as Max's hands snake around my waist. Everything about this is perfect; the silent moment, Max's body heat consuming me, even his cologne is to die for. Pulling away from the unforgettable kiss, my smile is showcasing every single one of my teeth (lmao what?), a blush forming on my cheeks. Embarrassed, I wrap my arms around his neck, hiding my face in his chest. His hands lifts to meet my hair, playing with it, softly.

"You know I meant what I said." I have no idea what he's talking about. I mean, even though I can't remember much from before ... that, I don't remember him saying anything important prior to the kiss.

"What?" I ask, lifting my head from his chest, meeting his ocean-like eyes.

"I really do love you, Melea."

-

I really feel like every single imagine I do with the "best friends" thing has the exact same plot. ahhhh this is so unoriginal, i'm so sorry girl !! i'm seriously not creative at all lmao . i hope you like it tho ❤️  love you girl !!

by the way, i seriously can't believe i'm nearly at 1000 reads. i'm so confused, like who actually wants to read the stupid shit i write lmao THANK YOU SO MUCH LOVES !!! ❤️❤️❤️

jillian