twenty-three ✰ g. torres (nyy)

a little rain never hurt anyone

for -kaylatorres- 

As Gleyber and I sit in the middle of the park, there is no place I'd rather be

As Gleyber and I sit in the middle of the park, there is no place I'd rather be. Even though the sun isn't shining, it's a beautiful day for a picnic. As Gleyber begins laying out a few of the snacks we brought with us, I begin to feel soft water drops sprinkle on my arm. I immediately begin looking around for anyone that might have a sprinkler of some sort. Noticing me glancing around the park, frantically, Gleyber softly places his hand on my arm.

"What are you doing?" He asks with a small chuckle. I look up, finally noticing the extremely dark clouds placed above us. Sticking my hand out, I begin to feel larger drops falling into my palm.

"It's raining." And almost immediately after I point it out, the rain falls begins falling in buckets. Gleyber rips the blanket out from underneath us, throwing it over my head as if he were kidnaping me or something. I burst into a fit of laughter while trying to find my way out of the huge amount of material overtop of me.

"Baby, what are you doing?" I can barely get the sentence out through the fit of laughter. Finally being able to poke my head out, I wrap the blanket around the both of us.

"I was protecting you from the rain." I let out a small laugh, shaking my head at him as we gather the rest of our things. Seeing as we walked to the park, we didn't have a car to hide out in. Gleyber wraps his hand around my waist, leading me to the closest building - a Chick-Fil-A. Neither of us necessarily wanted to walk home in this terrible weather, so we decided we would find somewhere to wait until the rain died down. Reaching for the door, Gleyber struggles with the handle. My eyes widen as I realize -

"Gleyber, it's Sunday." Both of us groan in response. Looking left to right, I realize there doesn't seem to be any other stores we could possibly go in, only a few houses. We both plop down on the sidewalk beside the restaurant, the rain soaking both us and the blanket we're huddled under. Today was supposed to be fun, filled with laughs and simply just us having a good time together on Gleyber's off day. But of course it had to be ruined. As I'm being consumed by my thoughts, I feel a shift beside me. I look to see Gleyber shoving one of the sandwiches into his mouth.

"You want one, Kayla?" I laugh as he talks with his mouth full of food. I look to see him nudging the sandwich in his hand toward me, suddenly feeling my stomach grumble. Gladly, I take the sandwich, almost instantly shoving it into my mouth, just as Gleyber had. While I'm occupied eating my sandwich, I still feel the eyes of Gleyber Torres fixed on me. Slowly turning to meet his gaze, I notice him smiling.

"What?" I say, my mouth still full of food. He just laughs in response.

"You look so beautiful." Gleyber says, his eyes still fixed on me. Finally able to finish the food in my mouth, I give my boyfriend a confused look, shaking my head.

"Come on. My hair is frizzy, my makeup is smudged, and my clothes are soaked. There is absolutely nothing about that that is beautiful, Gleyber." His face falls at the last sentence. He lightly moves the hair that had fallen into my eyes, behind my ear.

"Baby, don't say that. You are so fucking gorgeous, okay?" Gleyber's voice is so sincere. I nod my head in response as he leans in, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. Chills run through my body as the blanket slips off of my shoulders, exposing my wet clothes to the cool air. Almost instantly, Gleyber removes the blanket from himself, wrapping the entire thing around me. I watch as he stands up from the sidewalk, walking out into the middle of the parking lot. I stare at him, confused. Noticing my questioning, he holds his hand out, suggesting I join him. At first I'm hesitant. But just seeing how excited he seems to be at the moment, with the biggest smile plastered on his face, how could I say no? Slowly standing up from where we'd been sitting, my wet shoes squeak as I make my way over to Gleyber. And as soon as I'm within arms distance, he grabs me by the waist, dropping me into a dip.  I gasp, completely unaware of what he was doing.

"Gleyber! What are you doing?" My heart raced in fear of him dropping me. But when I finally get the courage to open my eyes, I'm meet with the face of a man I would trust my life with. And I know - he'd never drop me.

"Have you never heard the term 'dancing in the rain'?" I laugh in response. Oh my god, how could I live without this guy? Finally pulling me back onto my feet, he begins to sway us back and forth as his hands remain resting lightly on my waist.

"Baby, there's no music." Gleyber pulls back to meet my eyes and I bite my lip. He slowly leans toward the side of my head, his lips slightly grazing my ear, sending chills through my body.

"We don't need music." And with that, I join the love of my life in dancing in the middle of a storm, not to mention in the middle of a Chick-Fil-A parking lot. My hands wrap around his neck, resting my head on his shoulder, and he rests his on mine. Feeling soft kisses being placed on the top of my head, my heart skips a beat. While normally I despise rain, and stormy days like this, right now, I don't mind at all. Because all that matters is that I'm with him. Suddenly, an idea pops into my head. I urgently pull away from our slow dancing moment, meeting his eyes. And all I do is stare. I stare until I leave Gleyber with a confused expression. And then I grab him by the back of his neck, pulling his lips to mine like never before. My heart races as I allow my hands to roam his body. Finally making their way to sit back on either side of his face. Gleyber runs his hands up and down my back, causing my originally trembling body to ease, suddenly being consumed by Gleyber's warmth. His tongue slides across my bottom lip, and I suddenly feel very weak. Noticing my instability, Gleyber's hands meet my waist, holding me up without breaking the passionate kiss. After finally pulling away from one another, we both attempt to catch our breaths. My breathing is rapid, as is his. Yet, he still looks very confused.

"What was that?" He offers, with a smirk. I mimic a similar look, shaking my head at him. And I return -

"Ever heard of kissing in the rain?"

-

i seriously think little g needs more appreciation in this community ,, i mean look at that freaking smile oh my god what a cutie ! anyways ,, i really hope you like this girl ! i had so much fun writing it !! ❤️❤️

jillian