nine ✰ k. hendricks (chc)

i believe in you

for krisbryants

Even though it's midnight right now, and I really should be sleeping, for some reason, I'm awake making hot chocolate for Kyle and I

Even though it's midnight right now, and I really should be sleeping, for some reason, I'm awake making hot chocolate for Kyle and I. Kyle, my absolute best friend in the world, plays for the Chicago Cubs and lets just say, he didn't have the best outing in his game tonight. Usually, I'm at all of his games, cheering him on along with all of the wives and girlfriends of the player, despite only being Kyle's best friend. But tonight, I don't think I could have had any more work to do, so I stayed home. And I can't help but think, maybe he did poorly because I wasn't there. But that's just stupid; good luck charms aren't really a real thing.
As I sit on the counter in my kitchen, Kyle comes walking in, holding a huge stack of movies. Oh god, I'm going to be up all night.

"Okay so - this is what I'm thinking; hear me out. First, we start off with High School Musical, a classic. Then, The Hannah Montana movie, again, another classic. And for the finale, The Bee Movie. Boom! - movie night." I can't help but laugh at his childish ways. Who doesn't love all of those movies?

"Kyle, I have to work tomorrow and you have a game. I don't want you to be tired!"

"Oh come on, Allison. You know I won't be playing for a while." That breaks my heart. I really wish he knew how amazing he really was.

"Kyle!" I shout, slapping him on the shoulder.

"What?!"

"Don't be so down on yourself." He just rolls his eyes at me.

"Excuse me, Hendricks. Watch your attitude, or else." He immediately begins staring me down, trying to act tough, even though I know he's not.

"Or else what? Huh?"

"Or else, I'm not making you hot chocolate anymore." His eyes widen in fear.

"Wait! No! You make the best hot chocolate! Please, not that." I break out in a fit of laughter as I add whipped cream to the top of both of our cups.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." I hand him his cup and walk back into the living room, plopping down on my couch. It immediately dips beside me as Kyle finds his spot, directly to my right. I look at him, easily noticing how upset he still is about his performance earlier tonight.

"Kyle,"

"Hm?"

"Kyle, look at me." As our gazes finally meet, my heart skips a beat. I grab his hand and lace our fingers together; not in a boyfriend-girlfriend way, though, you know? We're just friends. Although he's choosing to stay silent, I have enough to say for two people. Kyle needs to know how proud I am of him.

"You are incredible; absolutely incredible. Sure, it wasn't your best game. But I know for a fact how amazing you really are. Not only physically, but mentally, you are the most committed person to your job, that you love, I've ever seen. Despite what people say, or what you think, you are easily one of the best pitchers in the league - and I know that, Kyle." And even after all of that, he doesn't speak.

"Kyle, stop thinking about what you could have done; think about what you will do. You've pitched some of the best games in the past and I am more than positive that you will get right back into it. I know you. And I know that once you put your mind to something, you can do anything. And I mean anything. Remember when I was too scared to go on that roller coaster, and you said you wouldn't leave the park until I went on?-" He nods, silently.

"Well, because of you, I went on my first roller coaster and I freaking loved it! Kyle, you are going to train and practice and I know for a fact that you are going to get through whatever you're going through. And I know this because I believe in you. I think you're amazing, and if you don't agree - that sucks. Because it's the truth." Somewhere inside me, I feel like the most amazing best friend ever. I mean, that was one hell of a pep talk. But also, somewhere inside me, I'm wishing this wasn't just a "best friend" pep talk. He still stares at me.

"Allison?"

"Yes?"

"You're coming to my next game, right?" I really don't understand what relevance this has to our conversation. I just poured my heart out and now he's asking a question like this?

"Of course, Kyle. I'm your number one fan." I'm glad this makes him smile. After not seeing it in a while, watching him show his pearly white is even more amazing than it usually is.

"Good, because it sucked without you today."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you're kind of my good luck charm. I always pitch my best when you're there." Finally realizing what he said, a slight blush rises to my cheeks. Looking up at him, I notice his cheeks are slightly pink, as well. I offer a small chuckle.

"Well then, I'll never miss another game." Smiling kindly, his eyes light up.

"Promise?" He raises his pinky, signalling for a pinky promise.

"Promise." I ensure him by intertwining our pinky fingers, flashing a kind smile.

"So, High School Musical?" He raises the disc.

"Hell yeah!"

-time skip-

Realizing I'd fallen asleep half way through The Hannah Montana Movie, I'm awoken by the feeling of being picked up. Fully opening my eyes, I look to see Kyle has moved me from the couch to my bed, after placing me down, he turns to walk away.

"Kyle, wait!" My voice is extremely raspy due to the fact I was just asleep. He turns to face me again.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to stay here tonight? It's late, I don't want you driving." He looks somewhat hesitant, which is odd because sleeping over is something we do pretty often, as best friends.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." Kyle turns to go back to my living room.

"Where are you going?"

"The couch?"

"I am not making you sleep on the couch, Kyle." I scoot over and pat the bed beside me.

"Fineeee." He takes off his shoes and places them beside the bed before hopping underneath the covers.

"Goodnight, Kyle."

"Goodnight, Allison."

And as I begin to drift back asleep, I can feel Kyle's arms slowly move around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He rests his head beside mine. And just as I slowly fall deeper asleep, I hear something I never imagined I would.

"I love you, Allison."

-

okay so! I'm not sure if I followed exactly what you wanted, but personally i think this is really cute lol i really hope you like it !! 💗

jillian