thirty-seven ✰ g. torres (nyy)

sweater weather

for morevibezzz

I wrap my arms tightly around myself, trying to find warmth

I wrap my arms tightly around myself, trying to find warmth. But the wind at Yankees stadium blows a little too hard, and the fact is not warmest and my smart ass decided it was a good idea to wear shorts is definitely not helping. I sit in a somewhat empty section along first base line, positioned by right field. Judge notices me shaking in the stands and offers a friendly wave. ( let's just pretend he isn't injured because uGH ) I raise my hand in the air to return the action, the cold wind immediately biting at the skin I'd previously been covering. Quickly, I place my hand back, becoming somewhat warmer, despite my chattering teeth.The game is currently tied 6-6 in the top of the sixth. And I don't often say this, but boy do I want this game to be over. I just want to go home to the warmth of my apartment. Just the thought of pulling my fluffy blanket over Gleyber and I makes me want to go home even more. And while I'm lost in the comforting thoughts of my cozy apartment, I don't even notice the light rain drops falling slowly onto the seats around me. The soft pitter-patter on the ground and railing triggers a terrible thought. I didn't bring an umbrella. I search my bag for a sweater even, but knowing myself - I have nothing to hide myself from the rain. I pick my feet up off of the ground, placing them on my seat while cuddling my legs. Running my hand over the smooth skin, I feel it is no longer soft, but covered in goosebumps instead. Hiding my head between my knees, I look up to see the players exiting the field, along with the grounds crew rolling the big, white tarp out. I let out a low sigh. I stare at the empty field as the rain progressively falls harder onto my bare skin. And I can't do much than simply sit here, along with the rest of the fans as we wait out the rain delay. Why is it we have to wait? Can't they just say 'yep, it's raining. Let's go home.'? I mentally groan. ( is this even a thing ? ) Huddled in a small ball, the just falls harder and harder. And I can't get the thought of going home out of my mind. Once again finding myself lost in the thought of lounging around in some sweatpants and one of Gleyber's shirts, I don't even notice the fans around me gasping in unison, standing together at once. I hear small mumbles and whispers, and an oddly familiar laugh. The crowd becomes hushed. The seat beside me is pulled down by a tan hand, followed by someone taking the seat. They clear their throat, and seeing how irritated I already am in my damp clothes, I don't think I have the patience to deal with something like this right now. My head snaps up to make eye contact with the stranger.

"What do you wa-... oh."

"Really? That's your reaction to seeing me?" Gleyber asks, jokingly with a cute chuckle. I feel a small blush creep onto my face, while my mind floods with confusion. 

"Why aren't you in the clubhouse?" I ask, clearly confused. Gleyber slowly places his arms around me, and out of habit, I immediately cuddle into his chest, being consumed by warmth. He lightly rests his chin on the top of my head as I tremble in his arms, wet hair and all.

"Because I'd rather be here with you, Maggie." My heart melts. While he could be inside, hiding from the downpour, he'd rather suffer through it to be with me. What did I do to deserve this man?

"Baby," I say, dragging out the 'y'. His arms tighten around me.

"It's raining. What if you get sick?"

"What if I get sick? What if you get sick? OH - that reminds me." Gleyber removes his arms from my torso, the cold air sending me into a fit of shivers without his warmth. I watch as he reaches for the bag beside him, which I can only assume is the one he carried here with him. After digging for a few moments, Gleyber's hands appear from inside the bag, revealing a large clump of fabric. I furrow my brows, completely oblivious to what he's holding in his hands. In a swift movement, Gleyber shakes out the fabric revealing a piece of clothing - his sweater.

"Here." Gleyber insists, motioning the sweater towards me. I shake my head at the offer, my eyes softening.

"Baby, I can't take your sweater. You're going to be cold." He lets out a small, and not to mention adorable, laugh.

"You look like you're way colder than I am. I don't want my baby to be cold." My cheeks heat up at his loving worlds, my heart melting. With a small unwilling grunt, I hesitantly take the hoodie from his hands, slipping it over my head. A large amount of the sweater falls into my laps, covering a good amount of my bare legs. Taking in its warmth, I can't help but bury myself in the clothing, smelling strongly of Gleyber's cologne that weakens my knees. Finally pulling the last of it out of my face, I turn to face Gleyber with attitude, noticing him cuddling himself for warmth. Turning his attention towards me, he places his hands on either side of his face.

"Awh. You look so adorable in my hoodie." I sigh as Gleyber wraps his arms around me once more, pulling me into his lap. I rest my feet on the seat beside us as I wrap my arms around Gleyber's neck, staring deeply into his gorgeous brown eyes with a small smirk plastered on my face.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I wrap my arms tighter around him, feeling him shivering beneath me. He snuggles his face into the crook of my neck, a small giggle escaping my mouth.

"See? Now you're cold!-" I quietly shout at him. Gleyber just laughs. I pull away from his chest to face him, gaining his full attention.

"Why don't you go back to clubhouse? I'm good now, okay?" He gives me a flat look, pursing his lips. Pulling me back towards him, Gleyber presses his lips to my cheek, his lips then grazing my ear.

"I'm okay with freezing in the rain - as long as I'm with you."

-

this idea is  so boring uGH , i'm  so sorry girl ! it's kinda anticlimactic lmao anyways ,, i really hope you like it girl !! 💗

alSO ^^^ DIDI AND GLEYBER ARE SO CUTE AWH

jillian