two ✰ g. stanton (nyy)

i loved and lost you

for NY_Mets

It's been three days since it happened

It's been three days since it happened. And in those three days I have not talked to nor about him, but that doesn't mean he hasn't been continuously running through my mind. Of course I still love him. But the question is - does he still feel the same way? My bet is on no. Because if G really did love me as much as he claims, we definitely would not be on the verge of a divorce. Stuck in a daze, wrapped in my own thoughts, I snap back into reality when my phone buzzes on my bedside table. It's him. Despite my urge to pick up, I can't and I know that. I will never be able to forgive him for not only cheating on me, but with the Yankees' trainer? Ever since she came to our team, I just knew she was going to mess something up, whether it was my relationship or not - she's bad news. But unfortunately, it was my relationship. And I'm afraid she's caused damage that is beyond fixing. Now staying at my sister's house, I haven't left the couch. I've sat here, replaying the moment I found out - that terrible fucking moment.

*flashback*

The Yankees game is being cancelled due to inclement weather, and now I can't wait for G to come home. Hopefully it won't take long, but I have a strange feeling it will. I mean, he's been sort of distant lately, but perhaps it's his slump. So I've decided to give him his space. I know him and I know that once he takes to time to get into the right mindset, he can do amazing things. As I pull out my phone to text G, asking him how long he thinks he'll be, I receive a text from my best friend, Danara. (I just came up with a random name lmao)

Danara <3 - Hey Sofia, so I'm just going to be straight up with you and I know you probably won't want to hear this but just know that I'll always want the best for you, girl. I think Giancarlo might be cheating on you. I found this picture of him and the teams' trainer and let's just say they look very comfortable.  (Image Attached)

Staring at my phone screen, mouth wide open, I go through a list of reasons as to how that moment between G and the trainer could have possibly happened, obviously in denial. But how could there be any excuse? They're clearly very close, happy, and obviously kissing! There are too many emotions running through my body to even explain. The angry side of me wants to strangle that bitch, but the sad side of me wants to collapse in defeat, and wait for him to come home and make me happy again as I can wrap myself in his warm embrace. But how could he make me happy when he's making her happy? So instead of letting my emotions take action, I rapidly run into my bedroom and pack a small bag of all of my essentials. In less than five minutes, I'm out of our shared apartment and hopefully, out of Giancarlo Stanton's life.

*flashback over*

Too many questions have run through my head in the past three days. How long has this been going on before Danara told me? Why did it have to be her? And most often - does he love her more than me? Clearly G knows that I found out, and clearly he wants to explain himself. Given his 253 missed calls, 679 texts, 224 Instagram DMs, and even 65 e-mails, something tells me he has something to say. I was hoping that I'd be able to stay strong forever, but the next time I saw the light of his name pop up on my screen, I couldn't keep myself from answering. And although I figured I knew what I'd gotten myself into, the moment I lifted the phone to my ear - I didn't know what to say.

"Sofia?..." His voice cracks as he speaks.

"What do you want, Giancarlo?" Tears begin flooding my eyes as soon as the words leave my mouth. Just saying his name brings back so memories, and unfortunately, the worst memory of them all. And now I'm regretting ever answering this call in the first place.

"Ca-can you please open the door?"

"Open the d-door?" His question confuses me. But for some reason, I can't help but do as he asks. And as I stand up from the couch for the first time in three days, opening the door, I am faced with a red and puffy-eyed Giancarlo Stanton, sitting on the ground outside of my sister's apartment. My heart aches at the sight.

"G..." Is all I can seem to choke out, and I'm using all of the power in my body to keep me from hugging him right then and there. But when he looks up at me with the most broken face I'd ever seen, I can't help it. I quickly crouch down beside him, sitting in his lap as I wrap my arms around his neck. He's just as quick to wrap his arms around my waist, tightening them by the second as I sob into the crook of his neck. Finally I pull back to look at him and he's crying just as much as I am.

"I thought I'd never be able to hold you again." His voice is so quiet and raspy, it breaks my heart just hearing it. I bite my lip as I, all of a sudden, have no clue what to say to that. And almost as if he can read my thoughts, G breaks the silence.

"Sof, it's okay. You don't have to say anything. You don't even have to listen to me. But I have to let you know that no matter what you've been told, what you've heard, and even what you've seen, I would never cheat on you. Of course, there is that picture but what you can't see from it is that she forced herself on me. During our one-on-one stretch, she was getting very close and I tried to-...God, what's the point? You probably won't believe me, anyways." I'm still staring at him as I remember all of the amazing times we've had. Our first date five years ago, our engagement three years ago, and our wedding just two years ago; I could easily label all of these days as the best three days of my life. And how could I just throw that all away?

"Of course, I believe you, G." The words leave my mouth as more tears roll down my cheeks. G slowly lifts his hand, wiping them away with the pad of his thumb. Even the smallest gesture makes me fall in love with him more and more. He gives me a small grin, which is possibly one of the most contagious things on the face of the earth. So I return the action. As we stay sitting in the hallway of a random apartment building in New York, I've began to seemingly forget that terrible moment that caused this huge mess.

"I love you so much, Sofia; more than you'll ever be able to know. You are the most perfect human being on this planet. And I could not have asked to be blessed with a better wife than you. Knowing myself, of course I ruined the most amazing and irreplaceable thing in my life. There will never be another girl whose smile can turn my day from shitty to absolutely amazing in two seconds. Or even another person that can make me even half as happy as you do. There will never be another person that is you. And if I have to deal with that, then fine. Because it was all my fault to begin with. And I am not going to make up some stupid excuse because the truth is - it was my fault. Sure what I did was dumb, and there were ways to prevent it. But the thing is - I didn't. You have the right to be mad, and the right to want me out of your life forever. And if you do make that decision, then I respect that." The amount of tears running down my face is enough to create a river. But whether they're happy or sad tears, I can't really tell. But what I am sure of is, I could never want him out of my life and for him to even think that for a second in absolutely ridiculous. And while I can think of so many things to say, once again, no words are leaving my mouth. So I kiss him. Although we aren't in the best place, I can easily say this is the most romantic and not to mention emotional kiss we've ever shared. The desire for each other is evident, in not only the way we connect but the way we move together in sync, holding onto each other for dear life. And I'm afraid I'll never want to let go again. So I don't. As the hours roll by, my arms stay wrapped tightly around his neck as he holds onto my waist , his head tucked into the crook of my neck. As I straddle his waist in the middle of an apartment hallway, I finally feel complete again, slowly drifting into a soft sleep in the arms of my love. And just before I slowly doze off, G places a soft kiss on my forehead and I can barely hear his soft voice.

" Please, never leave me, Sofia."

-

g is my baby so i obviously love writing imagines about him lol i hope you liked it !!

jillian