eleven ✰ c. yelich (mil)

you're all mine

for coloradogurl2014

As I'm driving Christian and I home from his afternoon game at Miller Park, I see Christian lift his phone to take a picture/video of me

"Hey guys! Look at my absolutely gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, amazing-" I cut him off as soon as I realize what he's doing.

"Baby, stop." I say sternly, glaring at him while covering the camera with my hand. He quickly puts his phone down, resting his hand on my thigh.

"And a little rude, too." He mumbles under his breath. I raise my hand to smack him in the chest, like a mom when she steps on the brakes a little too fast. Yeli places his hand where I hit him.

"Hey now (please tell me I'm not the only one that started singing the song) , that was uncalled for." I look towards him as we approach a stop light, clearly noticing the fake hurt in his voice.

"You deserved it." His mouth immediately drops open, forming an 'o'.

""Excuuuuuuse me?" He says, waving his finger around in the air, moving his head in a circle, mocking 'the head thing' (i really hope someone else remembers this or else this is gonna be hella awkward) from Hannah Montana, our favourite show to watch.

"Oh, you heard me, boy." I return, with the exact same amount of sassiness, if not more.

"Hey, it's not my fault I want to show everyone that you're my girlfriend. I mean, look at you. Imagine how many guys would be so jealous of me,"

"Christian, is that all you really care about?" Instantly noticing my concern, his smile disappears as he clarifies what he really meant to say.

"No, of course not, Shelby. I am so freaking in love with you, you don't even know. I want everyone to know how much I love you, baby. I love you so much, oh my god." He grabs onto my hand like his life depends on it, while placing multiple kisses on my right cheek as I continue to drive. I can't help but chuckle at his cuteness.

"Trust me, babe, I know."

"Then, why can't everyone else know?" He seems genuinely upset, but I can't help but not want to show our relationship to the world. I mean, I can't imagine what all of his fans would say about me. And what about all of his supporters that love him to death? Imagine how hurt they'd all be when they found out that they no longer have a chance to be with him, all because I'm in the picture. I don't want to do that to his fans because they're all so god damn amazing. ;)

"Because I don't want to hurt your fans. They're all going to hate me!"

"Oh my god, Shelby. That is not true at all. How could anyone ever hate you?" He grabs onto my hand, offering a reassuring squeeze as thousands of terrible thoughts rush into my head. I turn to see Christian staring at me, almost as if he can tell what's running through my mind, wanting to fix my awful mindset.

"Yeli, they would all be heartbroken because I'm in the place they want to be in."

"I don't care what they think, baby. And you shouldn't, either. All that matters is that we're happy. That's all I want - is for you to be happy." A slight blush forms on my cheeks as my heart begins racing. Somehow after all of these months, he can still make me feel like this. And that's how I know it's real. As we pull into the underground parking of our apartment, I place a kiss on his cheek, earning a glimpse of his perfect, dazzling smile.

-a few days later-

Scrolling through Instagram, I notice Christian posted a picture of him, JT Realmuto, and Lorenzo Cain at the All-Star Game in Washington, D.C. . I'm honestly so proud of my baby. Without thinking, I click on the comment button and type something quickly.

shelby2014 - "missing you, boo ! ❤️"
(random username, sorry lol)

He replies within seconds.

christianyelich - "❤️"

After reading his response, I scroll past many other comments.

randomusername1 - ah my beautiful baby.

randomusername2 - all mine.

randomusername3 - this my mans right here sisters.

Honestly, reading these made me a little upset. Even though I know Yeli's loyal and he loves me, I can't help but think he could leave me any second for any one of these girls. Now, I kinda wish they knew about us, even though I know exactly how mad they're going to be - extremely.

-the next day-

I wake up alone in my bed, still missing Christian. I quickly scurry to find my phone, impatient to text him 'good morning'. But as I click on the home button, my notifications leave me with my jaw on the floor.

5621 New Followers

45435789 New Likes

908 New Comments :

randomusername1 - ew who is this ugly bitch?

randomusername2 - why is christian with her and not me?

randomusername3 - i'm way prettier. christian you should dump that hoe and date me

randomusername4 - shes definitely cheating on you. leave that hoe

Tears instantly form in my eyes as I read over all of these terrible words. Clicking on the notifications, it brings me to a picture Christian posted of us together, after a game. I'm wearing his jersey that is way too big on me, and he's in shorts and his undershirt, pressing a kiss on my cheek as I smile like there's no tomorrow. I love that picture. And even though I love the picture and Christian so much, I really don't think I was ready for the world to know. But now he's exposed us to the world, and I'm being flooded with hate. And then I notice the caption;

"You could be fine, you could be sweet
You could be everything that I need
Could be the fix, could be the cure, but whatever you are girl
One thing's for sure, you'll never be her"

As tears roll down my cheeks, another notification comes up on my phone. Great, more hate. I hesitate to look at the message, only to realize it's a text from Christian.

the love of my life ❤️ - i'm sorry, baby. i had to let everyone know that i already have someone; and that someone is you. i had to show them how happy you make me, beautiful. i love you so much and i want every single person on this planet to know that, shelby❤️

And in that moment, despite the amounts of tears that have fallen from my eyes, and the shitty things people have been saying about me - none of it matters. A smile easily spreads across my face just at the thought of how much I freaking love this boy. The only thing on my mind is him.

-

PLEASE READ ! i am definitely aware that fans are sometimes like this irl, but for the most part, the whole baseball fan community consists of a huge amount of absolutely amazing people that would seriously never do or say anything like this !! i feel like i portray the fans as such bad people but i know none of us are actually like that, trust me !! anyways ,, i'm so sorry it took so long but i really hope you enjoy it, love 💗

jillian