thirty-six ✰ a. bregman (hou)

a win-lose situation

for -wolfhernandez

a win-lose situation✰ ✰ ✰for -wolfhernandez

The crowd is rowdy in Dodger Stadium. Blue and orange jerseys splattered throughout the seats, creating something of a masterpiece; although there is much more blue than orange. Currently watching Game 6 of the World Series, I am surrounded by the other families, wives and girlfriends. To say the least, I'm beyond nervous. We could either win it all right here, or take it to Game 7. But I have a really good feeling about this; something's going to happen.

-alex's pov-

The ball comes flying inside, barely grazing my helmet. Dropping to the ground in attempts to dodge the ball, I hear gasps from the crowd. Being the first pitch of the inning, I'm not sure if the pitcher's going to intentionally hit me, or if the ball simply slipped. As I recollect myself and step back into the batter's box, a deep breath escapes my lips. A mere moment later, I prepare for the next pitch, eyes widening as it flies towards my side. Out of habit, I turn to the backstop, the fastball colliding with my back. I let out a groan as the umpire motions for me to take first. That's not exactly how I wanted to get on base, but hey, I'll take it. Austin Barnes walks me up the line, possibly noticing my irritation. And I'm met with the base; and Cody Bellinger, who just so happens to be Victoria's older brother.

"Psst, Cody." I whisper, approaching first base. His head snaps in my direction.

"What, Alex?" He asks with an attitude. Damn, I get we're playing each other in the World Series and all, but damn.

"I gotta ask you something, man." I ask, slightly beginning to lead off of first. Cody slightly follows, still making sure he'll be able to hear me as he focuses on the game.

"Can't it wait? We're kinda busy." I lightly snicker at his little temper. It's not like I don't care about the game, but I might just have something n my mind that I care about a little more than the World Series.

"Cody, come on." I mumble, rushing back to the base, noticing the pitcher's attempts to pick me off. Hopping up from my stomach, the crowd's 'boo's fill my ears. I dust off the front of my jersey, looking up to meet Cody's eyes again. He still looks unbothered.

"I'm serious, man." Cody lets out a long sigh as the pitcher steps off of the mound. Altuve takes a few swings. I place my hands on my hips, Cody doing the same as we're given a moment to relax.

"Okay, what do you want?" The batter steps back in.

"I want to propose to Victoria tonight." His eyes widen, as the ball smacks off of Altuve's bat and between the middle infielders.

"What?!" I hear Cody scream as I gas it to third. Being ruled safe, I stand, brushing myself off once more. Looking to first, I flash Cody a smirk, receiving a scowl in return. I'm not sure this is going to turn out exactly as I'd planned.