forty ✰ a. judge (nyy)

love sick

for x_tommmo_x

love sick✰ ✰ ✰for x_tommmo_x

-aaron's pov-

The last two outs of the eighth inning are made on a double play and I couldn't be more relieved. I finally get to go back to the dugout and sit down. My legs, scratch that, my everything is killing me. I jog down the steps, follow by Giancarlo and I immediately collapse onto the padded bench, giving my aching body a break.

"Aaron, you good?" G walks over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. I use most of the power left in me to look up at him, the brightness of the sky making me nauseous.

"Yeah, man. I'm good." I say clearing my throat, but G gives me a look of disbelief, seeing as I'm clearly not good. I bring my arm to cover my mouth as a fit of coughs erupts in my throat. G's eyes widen.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I nod, still covering my mouth.

"Could you, uh, grab me some water?" My raspy voice is quiet, but G nods, acknowledging my request even in the loud dugout. He steps away from the bench and towards the water jug. I take the opportunity to lay down on the bench again, suddenly becoming extremely dizzy. The world spins as I stare at the sky above. My head pounds as the boys in the dugout cheer for something I'm not bothered to look at. I feel a light tap on my leg. I look up to see Didi staring at me, a concerned look plastered on his face. I squint my eyes, trying to make out his figure through my dizzy spell.

"Bro, you look like shit." He says, blankly. I sit up to read the scoreboard. Noticing the two outs, I let out a loud groan that seems to echo throughout the dugout.

"Jheez, sorry. I didn't mean to offend you." Didi adds, taking notice of my agitated groan. I let out a small laugh, gripping onto my stomach, wincing at the terrible pain.

"No, I wasn't groaning at you. I was just...uh-" I pause, not necessarily wanting to reveal my sickness. I don't want to be taken out of the game because I'm 'sick'. I need to help the team out.

"What, man?" Didi plops down onto the bench beside me, staring at me intently. I rummage through my mind, trying to find an excuse I could use to avoid revealing my secret. And with perfect timing, G returns tapping me on the shoulder. I turn away from Didi to see a serious Stanton motioning a cup of water towards me. I gladly take it as G sits on the other side of me. Both Didi and Giancarlo stare at me as I drink my water, and to be honest, it's a little intimidating.

"So are you gonna actually tell us what's up? Or are you just going to act like there's nothing wrong?" I look back and forth between the two of them, their burning holes in the sides of my head. Clearing my throat, I let out a long sigh, followed by a harsh cough.