Chapter 13: I really care

Jimin kept his breath as he stepped up closer and gazed at the younger up ahead on the second floor, dusting off old books. Jimin knew everything was out of place so he came to Jungkook to fix it.

"Jungkook..." Jimin called out as Jungkook stopped holding a book and stayed silent for a second and just ignored the man. "JUNGKOOK!"

"WHAT?!" Jungkook shouted as he looked back at Jimin with a serious glare.

"Listen to me..." Jimin said as Jungkook shook his head.

"W-Why should I listen to what you have to say? You said... You would support me no matter what. You called me smart... You said I focused and then you kick me out of your team!" Jungkook then looked at Jimin head to toe from above and scoffed. "I wouldn't listen to a nerd..."

"I-I deserve that... Jungkook please punch me, shove me or even punish me! I don't care.. I'm sorry... Yun-se's mother forced me to do it..." Jimin said as Jungkook threw the book down and quickly got down out of anger. As soon as he dropped down, he walked towards Jimin, making the man back up out of fear. Jimin recognized this look on Jungkook's face and recalled the boy doing this every time in high school before Jungkook would tease him or even embarrass him.

Jimin took off his glasses and looked down as the boy stopped in front of him, looking at Jimin with nothing but raging anger. "Aren't you a man?! Stick up for yourself, Jimin!" Jungkook shouted and shoved the older by pushing him on his chest and moving in closer. "You make me so angry that I want to do many things to you..."

"D-don't hold back... I-I deserve every second of it..." Jimin whispered as Jungkook shoved Jimin again and backed him up deep into the aisles of the book cases.

"So you're going to let everyone step over you now?! That means I can still shove you like this, Hm? You're just going to let an old lady take over your marriage?! Take over your life?!" Jungkook shouted and placed his hands on Jimin's shoulders to look at him deep in the eyes while Jimin was pressed against the bookcase.

"S-She's holding up her end of the deal! I have an arranged marriage and... My parents accepted so they wouldn't be in debt! I had no choice..." Jimin said starting to panic and tearing up. "I-I had no choice in this..."

Jungkook kept gripping onto Jimin's shoulders and looked at him deeply. "If your parents loved you...they would never give you up like that. They work don't they? WELL?!"

"Y-yes..."

"Then they don't need that old hag anymore... You stay in that relationship because you just love to fuck your whole life over." Jungkook added as he released Jimin and turned around to go back to clean. "Get out of here... You don't want me to 'distract' you." Jungkook said as he rolled his tongue along his inner cheek and suddenly, Jimin quickly caught up to Jungkook and pulled him by his arm.

"J-Jungkook, wait!" Jimin teared up and held Jungkook's hand back. "I.. I didn't want you off of our team. You're the last person I want to kick out of my life! You made researching so interesting to me and I value our friendship." Jimin said, but all he could see was nothing but a blur since he didn't have on his glasses. "I deleted your contact, I called Seokjin to do it... But I couldn't let you think this was how I really felt towards you. I still think you are smart and not a distraction... I just did it to make that woman go away."

"Jimin, you idiot..." Jungkook whispered and looked at Jimin still holding his hand back before the younger moved his hand away and watched Jimin's eyes grew teary. The boy knew Jimin couldn't see well and Jungkook just sighed. "I'm no longer on your team but you still stand here and make it seem like I am. Go do your work." Jungkook added as he stepped up to Jimin and grabbed his glasses from his hands and looked at the older. "Stop worrying about me. The damage is done... I don't want any part of your drama..." Jungkook added, drying Jimin's eyes and placing the glasses on the older. "Such a shame.. You were such a good mentor. But not a wise one."