Chapter 15: A moment alone

When the clock striked 9:00PM. Jimin set his pencil down after recording every hour of the healthy coral's reaction to the mixture and kept his stare at it while Jungkook returned from the restroom and looked at Jimin. Jungkook held his jacket and started to take off his lab coat, looking at Jimin with a smile.

            "Are we leaving now?" Jungkook wondered as he titled his head and looked at Jimin. "I asked an hour ago.."

           "We are leaving now. I just wanted to take a moment to record a bit of more." Jimin said as he stood up. "I think... We'll be set for our trip! Just need a few more tests, communication with the sponser and maybe sometime after my birthday, we'll be all set." Jimin said, taking off his apron, gloves and goggles. "Let's get out of here. We've had a long day."

        Jungkook walked alongside Jimin as they walked out of the lab and down the halls where most of the lights were dimmed. Showing that their co-workers have already left at the time. The two climbed into the car and sat down as Jimin started the car. At that moment, Yun-se began to call and Jimin just let out and exhale and held up the phone to his ear.

          "I hope you don't mind.." Jimin added as Jungkook allowed Jimin to answer the call. Jungkook sighed and looked out the window while he did another tongue roll along his cheek. Jimin answered the call and it was Yun-se. Not some strict and older woman. "Hello?"

         "Hello, Jimin! When are you coming home?" Yun-se wondered while she was in the dining room of the house, wearing her usual buisness outfit, pouring herself a glass of wine as she already had the table set up for dinner.

            "So excited for me to come home?" Jimin laughed as Jungkook kept his stare locked on Jimin's ring finger.

            "I'm not sleepy today. I thought maybe we could talk about something. About yesterday." Yun-se asked as Jimin took a moment to think. Bond with his wife he will live with forever, or bond with Jungkook, the one he feared losing just today and grew curious to know more about him.

             "Yun-se... I would love to, Dear... But I'm busy right now. We are having a small outing with a few friends. Is that okay?"

             "Oh! Okay. I understand." Yun-se responded happily as she kissed through the phone. "I love you, have a great time and don't forget to come home." Yun-se added. She understood Jimin would want to have his time by himself and friends. So, she allowed it.

           "I love you too. Bye." Jimin said with a smile and hung up the phone as Jungkook just looked away and tapped his shoe against the floor of the car. Feeling a bit tense from the phone call he overheard.

            Meanwhile, Yun-se placed the phone down and let out a sigh, walking to Jimin's side of the table putting away the plates and just holding her glass of wine while she set Jimin's bowls and chopsticks away. "Then it's just me." Yun-se whispered. Addressing the fact that she'll be on her own for dinner.

            Jimin set his phone in his pocket and turned on the ignition, beginning to pull out of the parking lot as Jungkook tapped his knuckles onto the cold window in silence. "Is there something wrong, Mr. Jeon?"

            "You didn't have to lie to your wife. You could have told her I was here and we were going to hang out together. If she trusts you, shouldn't you trust her?" Jungkook asked as Jimin started to drive off in silence. Trying to focus on what to say and focus on the road.

            "I'm not supposed to be talking to you... She knows it too and I know it." Jimin claimed as Jungkook laughed.

             "Jimin, there is no way she would tell her mother about you still hanging out with me."