Chapter 38: Silent

Jimin watched Jungkook start serving on the dishes to eat at least something. It wasn't any type of usual breakfast. It was just a meal to them. Jungkook loved cooking for Jimin and it showed how worthy he was in Jimin's eyes. The way he cooked and looked after the older made him believe Jimin actually loved being appreciated. Jungkook kept this perfect vision in his head about staying with Jimin forever. He loved him to the point where he wanted Jimin to fully become his. But of course, he had to be patient.

             Jungkook set the plates down that had side bowls of rice, boiled beef stew into the main dish filled with vegetables too, the kimchi Jungkook prepared from yesterday and a cup of tea right by the bowl. Jungkook made sure the tea was cooled before he was to serve it to Jimin. He couldn't risk Jimin feeling like the food was bad.

             Jimin inhaled the spices in the kimchi and the hot stew of beef that had steamed vegetables and just looking at the bowl made Jimin smile as he looked up. "You cook really well, Jungkook."

            "It's not that much. I just cooked something just for us for the meantime. Before I get to work I'd like to cook once more. I want to feed you three times a day." Jungkook stated and chuckled after. "Of course, that's if you are hungry!"

             "You're insane." Jimin giggled as he looked down. "When I'm hungry, I'll let you know. Just eat." Jimin claimed and looked down at the food once more. "Thank you."

               "No problem." Jungkook responded as Jimin gazed at his left hand where his ring is supposed to be and only wondered, where was it? "Is there something wrong..?"

           "I'm just wondering... Where is my ring?" Jimin asked as Jungkook looked up with a smile that faded from his face.

            "Yun-se isn't here..."

            "I know she isn't, but I'd like to know where it is." Jimin insisted but Jungkook only sighed and looked over at the coffee table where his Bluetooth speaker sat and Jimin's ring.

            "Over there..." Jungkook answered and it was like the whole atmosphere died down now.

             Jimin pointed his head at the coffee table and nodded. "Jungkook, please don't get upset. It's just a ring! I'm here with you. Don't get caught up on such things!"

           "It's not just a ring..." Jungkook responded and let out a sigh while he used his spoon to scoop up a small amount of the rice and look at it. "It's a wedding ring. You can tell why I don't like it. Unless I have the matching one, I'll be kind. But until then... I don't like it."

           "Kookie, that won't be much of an issue, right? I love you! You should understand that it's the truth and there's no way I would lie to you about it. But... I'm married and you know things are going to get in the way, right? You know that by now." Jimin said and slid his hand up to the center of the table and gazed at the younger. "You said you'll wait..."

         "Can't you see that I am?" Jungkook answered calmly and looked up to see Jimin's hand spread forward to him. "I'm... patient. I want this to go peacefully okay? The last thing I want is to make you upset by rushing things to you and pressuring you. I don't want that. S-So..." Jungkook then intertwined hands with Jimin and played a smile on his face. Yet, Jimin knew it was in Jungkook's nature to get jealous. It was part of his sly and manipulative personality. "Take your time..."

           "Thank you." Jimin claimed and let out a sigh. "I want to tell Yun-se... Or at least touch onto the subject today. Maybe a little and climb my way there. I won't fully tell her just yet. It's so difficult to tell such a thing." Jimin said, taking a bite out of the boiled beef that sat in the hot stew. "Then I have to talk to my parents with Yun-se if she understands and to her parents... Ugh, it's too much! How can I get this done?"