Chapter 45: A light at the bottom

The tight rope around Jimin's waist was slightly tighter as the older didn't seem to realize that the elder considered these as pictures he would send later to the two. Jimin then looked down only to see the rope's outline along his waist and only tugged it to make sure it was secured.

             "Why are you tugging it? Don't you trust me?~" Jungkook asked with a big smile on his face that Jimin could barely see. Only the blur of his big, white, teeth pulling the smile.

              "I'm just making sure you did it right! Or else I wouldn't have to check." Jimin giggled as the younger nodded his head and sat back down, drawing his face forward to pay attention to the elder now, who was placing the pack of air tanks attached to strap bases like backpacks so they could swim with it on their back.

            "Jeon, you are up first." Said the Grandfather as he helped place the gear behind Jungkook and ensured it was locked around the boy. Once he was done, the man took a good look at the water once more before gazing right back at Jimin. "Lean back and hold a good posture. You don't want to hit your air tank against the boat." The man warned the younger as Jungkook complied and carried on with the safe entry into the water while the elder helped. Not a moment too soon, Jungkook was finally underwater as everything around him went silent and all he could hear was his movements becoming delayed and the sound of him just breathing through his mask.

              Just then, Jimin got in and looked around with his goggles and could only see blurs of underwater rocks and fishes swimming away so quickly. This was such a great experience and the feeling alone made Jimin happy within. His days with Jungkook seemed to get better and better!

              Just before Jimin can look around for Jungkook's figure, the younger finally approached the boy and swiftly locked hands with Jimin. Holding his hand tightly and gazing into his lover's eyes before swimming off with Jimin. To Jungkook, this didn't feel like work to him or just some lousy practice on swimming... To Jungkook, this felt like a sweet date he was on again. Making the best of his time underwater with Jimin as well.

               Jimin held tight to the younger's hand as they began to swim. Nothing else could be heard but their swimming fins just paddling through the water and taking them deeper to look around and take their time to get use to this. The boy felt his boyfriend grip tighter onto his hand, making Jungkook look back to check on the older. But it was just Jimin, holding onto his lover's hand and following along.

             Jungkook payed attention to his beautiful surroundings. The rocks at the bottom, seaweed just waving from below and a small school of fishes zooming from place to place so quickly. Jungkook never thought he would see such a beautiful sight like this and only wished Jimin could have seen this too. The younger kept his hand locked with his lover and went far enough until their rope couldn't reach any further.

             Very soon, they returned to the speedboat and started to get timed. The purpose of this exercise was for just in case they spilled a mixture onto a rock for example, they would have to be quick and swim out of there before the mixture was to rub off on their wetsuit.

             Jungkook looked down at the water after getting out of the speedboat as for Jimin, he didn't need to do this since he couldn't see and was already aware of how this went. However, Jungkook had to go through this on his own and beat the time of at least fifteen to twenty seconds. It wasn't easy and most biologits take a bit more time to spread out, but for Jungkook, He just needed to get this procedure down for safety purposes.

               The younger sat on the speedboat, ready to lean back and get in as Jimin took off the gear and was wrapped in a pink towel the Elder made sure to bring. "So, Jimin can't swim...?"