Christmas 2012 Part 2

Jake and Anna woke up at 4 o'clock in the morning on the 22nd their flight was at 6 and it would take 7 hours to get there. Once they woke up and got dressed they made sure that they had everything they would need for there trip.

When they got to the airport Jake and Anna grabbed the bags from the trunk and headed inside they checked their bags in, made it through security, and waited to board the plane. Once on the plane, they got comfortable and waited to take off. When they were in the air Anna looked over at Jake and said so are you nervous yet?

Jake: Nope not nervous at all.

Anna: Really?

Jake: Okay maybe a little nervous.

Anna: You'll be fine they are going to love you just be yourself ok.

Jake: Okay I'll try, I just want to make a good first impression this is a big step for us.

Anna: Babe I know this is big for us It's big for me I've never brought anyone home with me before.

Jake: Really you've never brought anyone home with you?

Anna: Nope you're the first and I'm glad because I see a future with you so I want my parents and brother to get to know you.

Jake: Well, you have met my parents so it's only fair I meet yours. You haven't met my sister yet but she is going to love you. We should have dinner with her and Peter when we get back to L.A. what do you think about that.

Anna: I think that would be great well set it up when we get back.

Anna held Jakes' hand and rested her head on his shoulder next thing she knew she was asleep. Jake just looked at her and smiled gave her a kiss on her forehead and closed his own eyes. When they woke up they were about to land, once the plane had landed and they got off the plane and headed for baggage claim. Jake asked if anyone was picking them up? Anna responded with no I thought we would just take a cab to my mom's house. Okay sounds good Jake said as he grabbed the bags and headed towards the door. 

They got a cab and Anna gave the address to the cab driver. When they got to her mom's house Jake paid the driver and grabbed the bags they headed for the door Anna let herself in because she had a key. Once in the house, Anna called out t see if anyone was there. Anna's mom walked out of the kitchen to greet her daughter with a hug. Hey, mom, it's so good to see you and be back here are you baking it smells great in here?

Janice smiled and said, of course, I'm baking there are cookies in the kitchen help yourself, but first introduce me to the gentleman standing behind you. Anna smiled and said sorry mom this is Jake, my boyfriend Jake this is my mother Janice Cooke. Jake smiled and stuck his hand out to shake hers nice to meet you, Ms. Cooke. Janice shook her head and said please call Janice and gave him a hug. Jake asked where he should put the bags Janice lead him to Anna's old room. You guys will be staying in here Anna's brother and his wife will stay in his old room. Jake and Janice walked into the kitchen where Anna was waiting for them.

Once they were in the kitchen Janice asked how the flight was, Anna said good we mostly slept the whole way here since we had an early flight. Well if you're still tired feel free to take a nap I'm just going to continue baking. Babe, I'm still a little tired I'm going to lay down for a little while will you be ok alone for a while? Jake looked at Anna I'll be fine you go take a nap I'll get to know your mom better. Okay, wake me in an hour if I'm not up? Jake smiled and said sure no problem. They gave each other a kiss and Anna headed for her room.

Jake watched her walk away then went back to the kitchen where Janice was. When he got back to the kitchen he saw Janice take another batch of cookies out of the oven. Can I help you with anything Jake asked as he sat down at the kitchen island? Janice smiled and said I'm ok why don't you just relax and we can get to know each other better. 

Janice: So Jake tell me a little about you?

Jake: I was born and raised in Los Angeles I have an older sister named Maggie she is married with two daughters. My parents are no longer together but they get along with each other when it comes to the holidays. My dad remarried mom never did. 

Janice: Do you spend a lot of time with your nieces are you hoping to have kids of your own one day?

Jake: I always said if I was to meet the right women then I would love to get married and have kids one day.

Janice: That's great so just between me and you Jake how do you feel about my daughter, where do you see this relationship going?

Jake: I love your daughter I've never met anyone like her before. She makes me laugh I love being with her I know we have only been together three months but I definitely see my future with her.

Janice: Have you told her that you love her yet?

Jake: Not yet I don't want to scare her off I want to say it all the time but I think it might be too soon.

Janice: I see the way she looks at you, Jake she loves you too.

Jake: I've never felt this way about anyone before.

Janice: Then you should tell her how you feel.

Jake and Janice talked for another hour when Jake realized he should wake Anna up because she had been sleeping for two hours.