Trick or Treat

Jake picked the boys up from school he stopped to get a pizza for dinner because it was Halloween and tonight would be crazy.

Jake: Hey, babe, we're home.

Anna: Hey, boys start your homework, I have to start dinner early because you are trick or treating tonight, so we have to get ready.

Jake: You don't have to cook tonight; I stopped and got a pizza because I knew tonight would be crazy.

Anna: You're the best. Can you give me a hand decorating while the boys are doing their homework?

Jake: Sure.

Anna and Jake put up the decorations while the boys were doing homework after they finished Anna sent the boys to put their costumes on.

Britt arrived at 5:30 like every year she helped Anna set up the candy for the kids and helped Anna with the boys and their costumes. Jake made sure the boys had their bags.

Ethan: What do you think, mommy?

Anna: You look great, buddy.

Ethan: Look, I have handcuffs and a stick.

Anna: I see that, but remember we don't hit anyone with the stick, ok?

Ethan: Ok, mommy.

Anna: Where is Noah?

Ethan: Upstairs, he is having trouble with his boots.

Anna: Britt, can you help Noah, while I finish helping Ethan?

Britt: Sure.

Britt went upstairs and found Noah sitting on the floor.

Britt: Hey, Buddy, do you need some help?

Noah: Yes, please.

Britt helped Noah put his boots on, then she helped him tuck his shirt in and put his belt on, she grabbed his cowboy hat and went downstairs.

Noah: I'm ready, mommy.

Anna: Wow, look at my little Cowboy. Stand next to your brother; I want to get a picture.

Ethan and Noah stood beside each other so that Anna and Britt could get some pictures. Once the boys were ready, Jake made sure the boys had everything they would need and left the house.

10 minutes after the boys left Anna and Britt were sitting on the couch when the doorbell went off, Anna and Britt opened the door and saw a princess and a kitty cat, they handed them candy, said Happy Halloween and closed the door.

As the right went on, more kids showed up, Anna and Britt handed out candy talked and had a drink.

Britt: How are the boys doing in school?

Anna: Ethan is doing amazing his grades are great.

Britt: Hows Noah doing?

Anna: He is struggling with reading and writing the teacher gave us extra assignments for him, but if he doesn't improve, they might want to hold him back.

Britt: How do you feel about that?

Anna: Well, I don't want him to struggle, so if he is not ready to move up, then we should probably hold him back.

Britt: Yeah, there is no point in moving him up if he can't keep up that will just make him fall more behind, and you don't want that.

Anna: Nope, I'm hoping with these extra assignments, we can get him back on track, it's still early, so we have time.

Britt: That's good.

The boys came back from trick or treating their bags were so full that Jake had to carry them.

Anna: Hey, guys, did you have fun?

Noah: So much fun, mommy.

Anna: Ok, you know the rules go upstairs and get ready for bed, while your dad and I sort through the candy.

Ethan: Ok, mommy, come on, Noah, let's go change.

The boys went upstairs to change while Anna and Britt sorted through candy, Jake took down the decorations.

When the boys came down, Anna told them they could each have two pieces of candy.Once they were done, the boys went upstairs to brush their teeth; they had their Auntie Britt tuck them in.

Jake and Anna organized the boy's candy and put it away. They watched some tv had a few pieces of candy themselves, then went to bed.