Things Are Getting Better

It has been a month since Anna and Jake lost their baby Anna had been focusing on being the best mom and wife she can be, Ethan has been doing great at school Noah is finally getting out of the shy stage he's been in, Jake has been looking at new scripts.

Anna and Jake are back on track they are working on their grief together. All the girls have reached out to Anna and want to see her when she is ready. Anna and Jake's parents reached out and offered to come and help them out, but they declined the offer.

Anna was in the kitchen getting a snack for the boys when Ethan came running into the kitchen.

Ethan: Mommy I want to show you the picture I made at school.

Anna: Let's see it, buddy. 

Ethan handed his mom the picture.

Anna: This is great, baby I'm going to put it on the fridge.

Ethan: Ok mommy.

Anna: Ethan can you get your brother your snack is ready.

Ethan: Sure mommy.

Both boys came running into the kitchen they sat at the table so they could eat their snack.

Ethan: Where's daddy?

Anna: He had to go to the store.

Ethan: Why?

Anna: He had to buy some tools.

Ethan: Oh ok.

Anna was glad he stopped there because she didn't want to ruin the surprise for the boys. Jake had gone out to pick up the swing set for the backyard.

When Jake got back he put all the boxes in the backyard so the boys wouldn't see him, he walked into the house and went into the kitchen where he found his wife.

Jake: Hey babe, I said as I gave her a kiss. 

Anna: Hey I said back.

Jake: Where are the boys?

Anna: Playing upstairs, did you get the swing set?

Jake: I did, thank god I drive a Ford Explorer because there are a lot of boxes.

Anna: Really?

Jake: Yeah there are a lot of pieces to set up It's going to take a few hours tomorrow.

Anna: Well good thing tomorrow is Saturday the boys are spending the day with Britt and me, and Tyler will help you set everything up. 

Jake: Thank you for taking them out I really want to surprise them with the finished product.

Anna: No problem, but you do know that Ethan is going to ask why you're not with us.

Jake: I know, but once he sees what I have been working on for him he will understand.

The next day Britt and Tyler showed up at the house.

Ethan: Daddy how come you're not coming with us?

Jake: I have to stay here with uncle Tyler and fix some things, but you and mommy are going to have lots of fun with auntie Britt and Noah.

Anna: Please be safe with the tools ok I said as I gave him a kiss.

Jake: I promise I will you guys have fun.

Anna: We will.

Anna and Britt left with the boys while Jake and Tyler headed out to the backyard to start building the swing set.

Jake: So I have the instructions I figure we can just open all the boxes so we can see all the parts then we can start building this thing.

Tyler: Sounds good. So how are you doing man?

Jake: I'm good we are working through it Anna's been so strong through everything.

Tyler: I'm glad things are getting better. Alright, let's build this.

Jake and Tyler staring getting the pieces they needed to start building. Meanwhile, Anna and Britt had just arrived at the zoo with the kids. 

Anna: Alright boys you need to hold my hand or Auntie Britt's because we are crossing the street. Both boys grabbed a hand and crossed the street.

The boys were having a great time at the zoo looking at all the animals, Britt and Anna were having a good time taking pictures of the kids. 

Britt: So how are you doing?

Anna: I'm moving past what happened and focusing on the boys.

Britt: That's good and how are you and Jake.

Anna: We're good we are on the same page with everything now.

Britt: So you guys are happy with two, not going to have any more?

Anna: I asked if he wanted to try again, but he said that having me and boys was enough for him.

Britt: You believe him?

Anna: I want too, sometimes I feel like he wants more but he keeps telling me he is happy. 

Britt: If he says he's happy then I'm sure he is.

Anna: I hope so.

Back at home Jake and Tyler were close to finishing the swing set.

Tyler: This thing looks so cool.

Jake: I know, the boys are going to love it.

Tyler: Are you guys planning to have more kids to play on this?

Jake: I think we are done.

Tyler: You don't want anymore?

Jake: I would love more kids, but I don't' think it's going to happen.

Tyler: Have you talked about it?

Jake: I told her that having the boys was enough we just lost a baby I never want her to go through that again I would never ask her to go through that again. She blamed herself for losing the baby I never want her to feel like that again.

Tyler: You should tell her how you feel because if you don't she is going to think you're not happy.

Jake: Maybe you're right. Alright, let's hang these swings then we are done the boys will be back soon.

Tyler: Sounds good.

Jake and Tyler finished the swing set then sat had a beer and waited for the kids to come home.