Will You Go Out With Me

It had been a month since Jake started seeing Noah all of his visits went well, Anna let Jake take Noah out without her, and everything went great. Noah was having so much fun with his dad Ethan wouldn't go near him, so Anna didn't push him, Jake understood and made sure he didn't go near him.

Jake really wanted to spend time with Anna, but he wasn't sure if she was ready for that. Anna was watching tv after putting the boys to sleep her phone went off and saw it was Jake she picked it up and said hello.

Jake: Hey, how are you?

Anna: I'm fine, and you?

Jake: I'm good; I was just wondering if you have plans on Friday?

Anna: Nope just hanging out at home the boys are sleeping over at Britts so I will have the place to myself.

Jake: How would you feel about going out with me?

Anna: I don't know Jake.

Jake: I promise you will have a good time.

Anna: I don't know if I'm ready we said we would go slow.

Jake: I've been seeing, Noah for over a month now and things have been great you even let us go out alone that must mean you trust me.

Anna: Alright, you can take me out on Friday; what do you have planned?

Jake: I will pick you up at 7, and It's a surprise.

Anna: Ok, I'll see you, Friday at 7, bye Jake.

Jake: Bye.

Anna hung up the phone and placed it on the table. She finished watching tv then went to bed.

The next morning she got up and made breakfast for the boys while they were eating she thought about whether or not she should tell the boys she was going out with Jake. Anna decided to hold off on telling the boys until after the date in case things didn't go well.

After breakfast, the boys went upstairs to get dressed so they could play in the backyard. Anna was cleaning up from breakfast when the front door opened.

Chrissie: Hey, Anna, you here?

Anna: Hey, what's up?

Chrissie: I just wanted to stop by and say hi, it's been a while, how are you?

Anna: I'm good just been really busy with the boys I'm glad you're here I have something I need to talk about.

Chrissie: Ok, what's going on?

Anna: Jake asked me to go out with him on Friday.

Chrissie: Wow, that's great.

Anna: I'm nervous.

Chrissie: That's ok it's been a while since you've been on a date.

Anna: He's, my husband, I shouldn't be nervous.

Chrissie: You've been apart for a while that's normal I'm sure everything will be fine.

Anna: I hope so.

Ethan: Mommy, can I talk to you?

Anna: Sure, buddy, what's up?

Ethan: Noah said he went to play mini-golf with daddy and he said he had a lot of fun do you think I can go with them next time?

Anna: If that's what you want to do, then, of course, you can go.

Ethan: Thank's, mommy.

Anna: Go, get your brother and put your shoes on I have to run some errands.

Ethan: Do we have to go, Noah and I are playing.

Chrissie: I can stay with the boys while you go out?

Anna: Are you sure I just need to go grocery shopping, I shouldn't be too long.

Chrissie: Take your time, we will be fine.

Ethan: Auntie Chrissie, do you want to play with us?

Chrissie: Sure, I will be right out.

Ethan ran off to the backyard while Anna got ready to leave.

Anna: Thank's for staying.

Chrissie: No problem.

Anna left, and Chrissie went to join the boys in the backyard.

Anna returned home 30 minutes later on her way to the kitchen she walked by the family room and saw pillows and blankets all over the place. Ethan jumped out.

Ethan: Mommy, look we made a fort.

Anna: That's awesome, buddy I'll be right back, I have to put the groceries away.

Chrissie got out of the fort and followed Anna into the kitchen.

Anna: How did it go?

Chrissie: The boys were great.

Anna: Thanks for watching them.

Chrissie: No problem I had fun we played soccer for a while then came inside and made a fort.

Anna: I'm glad you had fun. 

Chrissie left an hour later, and Anna made lunch for the boys after that they played a few board games together.