Answer Me

Anna: Jake I asked you a question why are you acting this way?

Jake: When I went to film, you never asked what it was about?

Anna: What does that have to do with what is happening right now?

Jake: My character is an alcoholic who hits his wife, and when Ethan walked away from me today I snapped and yelled at him like my character in the movie.

Anna: You have never been violent towards me or the kids you've never yelled at us.

Jake: I know, and that's why I'm going to stay in a hotel for a while.

Anna: Why would you do that?

Jake: I don't trust myself right now I have to shake off this character before I can be with you guys right now.

Anna: You don't have to leave.

Jake: Yes I do my son is afraid of me right now and the look I saw on your face, and Britt's says I need help.

Anna: I'm going to go meet up with Britt at the park will you be here when I get back?

Jake: No I'll be gone this is for the best trust me.

Anna: You do what you want, I've been on my own for months I'm used to it.

Jake: Anna this is for the best I won't have my kids be afraid of me, and I won't have a wife who looks at me like I'm a monster. I need to be a better person for all of you.

Anna left to meet Britt at the park when she got there she just watched as the boys laughed and played on the swings with their Aunt. Britt noticed Anna sitting on the bench, so she went to join her.

Britt: Hey are you ok?

Anna: Yeah I just wanted to check on the boys is Ethan ok?

Britt: He's a little shook up did you talk to Jake?

Anna: Yeah he is going to stay in a hotel for a while?

Britt: I think that's a good idea I have never seen him so angry before.

Anna: I just want my kids to be safe, and right now I hate to say it, but after seeing what I saw today I don't think they are. 

Britt: I have to ask this and please don't hate me for asking but has Jake ever been violent before?

Anna: No he's never even yelled like that before I have never seen that side of him before. He told me the movie he just filmed he had to play an alcoholic who hits his wife.

Britt: Wow that's intense, so he thinks he is still in character?

Anna: I guess all I know is I have never seen him act like that before and It scared me I didn't see my husband today, I saw someone I don't know.

Britt: Has he been drinking a lot?

Anna: I have no idea he just got back the other night he seemed fine then when Ethan didn't run up and hug him when he saw him he snapped.

Britt: How much did you talk while he was gone?

Anna: Not a lot we said we would talk every day but that didn't happen he was always busy, and I was busy, looking after the boys so we kind of drifted apart.

Britt: How did you feel when you saw him the other night?

Anna: I was surprised, happy he was back but something was off, I just don't know what it was?

Britt: You got used to being on your own and looking after the boys alone. How did the boys react?

Anna: Noah was so happy he ran up and gave Jake a hug and asked if he was back for good. Ethan didn't talk to him until I told him to say hi. Then Jake left to get a haircut and Ethan told me he was angry that Jake left and made me sad and that he didn't call or come home when he got hurt.

Britt: Ethan has a point he may only be 8, but he's a smart kid he sees things he knows when something is not right.

Anna: I know I just want to protect them from all of this I mean what if Jake decides to leave for good, how will the boys feel then.

Britt: I don't have all the answers, but you guys will be fine the boys will be fine whatever happens and I'm always here for you.

Anna: Thank you we are lucky to have you.