Babysitting Part 1

In August both Jake and Anna were both on a break from filming they were making breakfast when Jakes phone went off. Anna was closer to it she looked at the screen and saw it was Maggie she handed the phone to him and said it's your sister.

Jake: Hey Maggie whats up?

Maggie: Hey Jake I was wondering if you could do me a big favor?

Jake: What's the favor?

Maggie: Peter wants to take me away for the night he has something romantic planned he won't tell me what it is.

Jake: If your calling to ask what it is I don't know anything.

Maggie: No I'm not calling for that, I was wondering if you could watch the girls for the night. Mom and Dad are both busy so they can't watch them.

Jake: Of course I can watch them do you want to me come to you?

Maggie: Actually Ramona want's to come to you she wants to see Anna.

Jake: Okay let me talk to Anna and I'll call you back.

Jake hung up the phone and smiled at Anna. 

Anna: Why are you looking at me like that?

Jake: My sister needs me to watch the girls tonight.

Anna: Okay so you're going over there tonight?

Jake: Well Ramona wants to come here because she wants to see you.

Anna: Oh, well I guess they could come here if Maggie and Peter don't mind bringing their stuff here.

Jake: That's great I'll call her back and tell her we can watch the girls.

Jake called his sister back and told her they would watch the girls. Maggie thanked Jake and said they would drop the girls off around 4 in the afternoon.

Jake: Okay they will be here at 4.

Anna: Then we better go shopping and pick up drinks and snacks.

Jake: We have drinks and snacks here?

Anna: Your niece is six, we don't have juice boxes and snacks for kids.

Jake: That's true ok let's go.

Jake and Anna returned half an hour later. Jake was bringing the bags to the kitchen where Anna was putting everything away. While Anna was putting the groceries away Jake could tell something was off about her.

Jake: Hey, babe are you ok you seem nervous?

Anna: I am nervous your nieces are six and 5 months old I've never really been around kids.

Jake: You'll be fine I'm here with you we will figure it out. Ramona can't wait to see you again she likes you.

Anna: I know she does and I like her too, I'm just nervous once they are here I'm sure I'll be fine.

Maggie and Peter arrived with the girls a little after four. Jake helped Peter bring in the bags with all the girl's stuff. Ramona came through the door and ran straight to Anna for a hug. Hi, Auntie Anna Ramona said as she hugged her. 

Maggie: Hey Anna thank you guys for watching them.

Anna: No problem we are happy to do it.

Maggie: Sorry about Ramona calling you Auntie Anna I tried to explain to her that your not her aunt, but she says, Uncle Jake so she thinks Uncle Jake and Auntie Anna.

Anna: It's fine don't worry she can call me whatever she wants.

Peter: Hey, Jake where can I set up the playpen?

Jake: You can set it up right there in the family room, I'll give you a hand.

While Jake and Peter were setting up in the family room Maggie and Anna were in the kitchen. Gloria was asleep in Maggie's arms. 

Maggie: Okay everything you will need is in this bag bottles, formula, diapers, toys and extra clothes. Ramona has her own bag with her pajamas, bear, book, toothbrush.

Anna: Perfect so is there a bedtime routine for Romona at night?

Maggie: She should go down fine as long as she has her bear and one of you read the book she brought with her. Her bedtime is 8 but if she wants to say up until 8:30 that's fine.

Anna: Okay sounds good and what about for Gloria?

Maggie: She will need a bottle in an hour I wrote it all down for you guys. She is a pretty good sleeper but she is in a new place so it might be different.

Anna: We appreciate you writing everything down for us, and if her sleeping is off we will figure it out.

Maggie and Anna walked back out to the family room where Jake and Peter had just finished setting up everything for the baby. Maggie and Peter said goodbye to the girls they told Ramona to be good and they would see her tomorrow. Maggie kissed Gloria on the head and handed her to Anna then they left. 

Ramona ran off to the family room and Jake followed after her. Anna then followed after both of them. When Anna got to the family room she put a still sleeping Gloria in the playpen. Ramona grabbed her bag of toys and pulled out two barbies and handed one to Jake.

Ramona: Here Uncle Jake you can be the princess Barbie.

Jake: Do I have to be the Barbie don't you have a Ken doll I can be?

Ramona: Sorry Uncle Jake I only have girl barbies.

Jake: Well maybe Anna can play Barbies with you.

Ramona: You don't want to play with me uncle Jake I said in a sad voice.

Jake: Of course I want to play, could we play something else?

Ramona: We could play Candyland or do a puzzle.

Jake: Let's play Candyland, Anna can play too.

Ramona: Ok I said as I went to get the game.

Ramona got the game and Jake helped her set it up. Anna went to get some drinks and snacks for them. When she got back they started to play the game. Halfway through the game, Gloria started fussing from the playpen Jake went to stand up but Anna stopped him and said I'll get her you keep playing.

Anna got up and walked over to the playpen and picked her up. Anna was surprised she settled right away Gloria seemed comfortable in Anna's arms. I'll be right back she needs to be changed Anna said as she walked into the kitchen where the bag was.

There we go all clean Anna said to Gloria once she finished changing her. Gloria smiled at Anna, Anna picked her up and took her back to the family room. Anna sat down on the couch with Gloria in her arms.

Romana: It's your turn, Auntie Anna.

Jake: Do you want me to hold her while you go?

Anna: It's ok I have her I said as I took my turn.

When they finished playing the game Jake put a movie on for Ramona so they could go make dinner. Jake started making Mac & Cheese for them while Anna was making a bottle for Gloria.