Coming Home

After months of being in the hospital, little Ethan was finally coming home. Anna and Jake couldn't believe this day was here when Anna got released and came home she had a hard time adjusting to being there without her son. They went to the hospital every day to see him they stayed until visiting hours were over kept their phone close in case the hospital needed to reach them. Ethan didn't have any setbacks which Anna was thankful for.  

Jake: Hey babe are you ready to go? babe?

Jake walked into the babies room and found Anna she was packing a bag with clothes and blankets.

Jake: Are you ready to go?

Anna: Yeah just want to make sure I have everything.

Jake: The car seat is installed the room is ready for him you have the bag I think we are good.

Anna: I can't believe he is finally coming home.

Jake: I know. Let's go get our son.

Anna: Hey when did you put his name on the wall?

Jake: I did it the other night you were asleep I was putting away some of the stuff the girls gave you. Britt gave us the letters I figured you would want them on the wall.

Anna: They look great babe makes the room complete well that and having him in it.

Jake: We'll then let's complete it by going and bringing him home.

They grabbed the bag and got in the car and drove to the hospital they went to the NICU where they saw Dr. Brown standing there.

Dr. Brown: Hey mom and dad big day today. You ready to take him home?

Anna: More than ready I said as picked up Ethan and gave him a kiss.

Jake: Is there anything we need to know before he leaves?

Dr. Brown: Nope he's great no more tubes and wires he's over 5lbs eating well maintaining his weight he's already to go home. We just need you to sign these papers and you are free to take Ethan home.

Anna and Jake signed the papers put Ethan in the car seat made sure he was buckled in right, then Jake lifted the seat and carried him to the car clicked the seat in and Anna sat in the back with him. The car ride home was good he slept most of the way didn't cry at all.

Jake: Here we are I said as I pulled into the driveway.

Anna: We're home Ethan I said as I got out of the car. 

Jake opened the door grabbed the car seat Anna grabbed the bag and they went inside the house. Jake set the car seat on the couch and Anna took Ethan out and held him in her arms. She walked around the house with him then took him into his room.

Anna: Hey buddy this is your room I said as I sat in the chair with him and rocked him back and forth I'm so glad your home.

Jake: You look so good holding him.

Anna: Yeah well I've been waiting a long time to do this I said as I stood up and placed him in the crib. We almost lost him, Jake, we almost didn't get to do this.

Jake: We didn't lose him he's here with us it took a while but he's healthy and he's ours I said as I wrapped my arms around her and looked at our son.

Anna: I'm going to go make a bottle for him he's going to be hungry soon I said as I left the room.  

Jake: Hey buddy your mommy is the best person I know she would do anything for anyone she loves you so much and that makes me love her more than I already do. Your mom was right you look so much like me I hoped you would look like her. 

Anna stood in the doorway listening to Jake talk to their son she smiled while she listened she watched as father and son bonded. She listened a little longer before walking in.

Anna: Hey am I interrupting guy time? 

Jake: Nope just waiting for you.

Anna picked Ethan up from the crib then sat in the chair with him and gave him his bottle. Jake stood there watching the two of them. 

Anna: You're staring again.

Jake: I'm sorry your just so great with him I can't believe he is finally home with us.

Anna: I know. 

Jake: Hey babe, Britt is face-timing you should I answer I said holding her phone. 

Anna: Yeah answer.

Jake: Hey Britt how are you?

Britt: I'm good how are you?

Jake: Great are you looking for Anna?

Britt: I was is she around?

Jake turned the phone to Anna.

Anna: Hey Britt whats up I said as Jake turned the phone so she could see me.

Britt: Just wanted to see how your first day at home with Ethan was going?

Anna: We are great I said as Ethan finished feeding I put him on my shoulder so I could burp him.

Britt: You look busy I'll call you a little later ok. 

Anna: Ok thanks for checking in on us we love you.

Britt: Love you guys, bye.

Anna burped Ethan then continued to rock him until he fell asleep.