Christmas

Jake, Anna, and the boys got back from Jake's parent's house around 7:30; Anna told the boys they had to go upstairs and get ready for bed.

Ethan: Mommy, we have to put out milk and cookies for Santa.

Anna: We will buddy after you go upstairs and get ready for bed.

Five minutes later, both boys came down with Jake, Ethan and Noah ran to the kitchen so they could put out milk and cookies for Santa.

Anna: Ok boys, it's time for bed lets go I said as I followed them upstairs to tuck them into bed.

Anna and Jake both said goodnight to the boys, then changed into their pj's and headed back downstairs so they could start putting presents under the tree.

They finished putting all the gifts under the tree then sat down on the couch together to watch a little tv and eat the cookies. Anna wrote the thank you note from Santa for the boys and left it by the plate.

Jake: I'll lock up, then we can head to bed.

Anna: Ok I just finished writing the note all the gifts are under the tree and the stockings are ready to go.

Jake: It's going to be crazy in the morning; I think we overdid it.

Jake, took Anna's hand and they walked upstairs together and went to bed, Anna climbed in and waited for Jake to join her once he was in bed Anna cuddled up next to him and they both drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Anna and Jake were sound asleep when the boys came running into the room; Noah jumped on the bed.

Noah: Mommy, wake up, Santa came.

Jake rolled over and looked at the clock, 7 am he read.

Jake: Boys go downstairs and wait, we will be down in a minute, okay.

Both boys ran out of the room and went downstairs.

Jake: Good; morning babe, I said as I kissed her.

Anna: Morning, I said back; let's go they are waiting I said as I got up from the bed.

Jake; and Anna walked down the stairs and went to the family room where the boys were both waiting for their parents. Anna handed out the stockings and everyone starting opening them the boys got candy and a few toys, they both got a new set of PJs. Once everyone had opened their stockings it was time to move on to gifts.

As the morning went on they continued to open gifts, Ethan had got more sports stuff, and Noah got more cars they both got bikes, Ethan got a green one and Noah got red. Both boys got lots of new clothes from the pitch-perfect girls. Britt got Ethan the hockey net with the mini sticks he wanted, and Noah got the car track he wanted.

Anna and Jake also exchanged gifts, Jake gave Anna a new necklace, and Anna gave Jake a new watch. They exchanged a few more gifts before they started to clean up the giant mess in the family room.

Anna and Jake had a great Christmas with family and friends they ate lots of food and just enjoyed being together they had time to relax and not think about work they got to spend time with their kids. Their favorite part was watching the boys open all their gifts and seeing the smiles on their faces as they opened each gift.

Jake: I would say this was a very successful Christmas.

Anna: This has been a great Christmas.