Halloween Costumes

Halloween was coming in a few weeks, and the boys still hadn't decided what they wanted to be. When the boys came home from school, Anna gave them a snack and asked them what they wanted to be.

Anna: Do you guys know what you want to be for Halloween?

Noah: I want to be a cowboy.

Anna: Ok, what kind of Cowboy Woody from toy story or in a plaid shirt and jeans?

Noah: I want to wear the cowboy boots Auntie Britt gave me and my cowboy hat with jeans and a shirt.

Anna: Ok, sounds good, Ethan, what do you want to be?

Ethan: I want to be a Police Officer like Daddy in his movie.

Anna: Which movie?

Ethan: The one where you and daddy met.

Anna: Oh, ok, are you sure that's what you want to be?

Ethan: Yep, I'm sure.

Anna: Ok, a Cowboy and a Police Officer it is.

Anna: I want you guys to start your homework.

Ethan: Ok, mommy.

Anna went upstairs to find Jake while the boys sat at the table and did their homework.

Anna: Hey, the boys finally decided on costumes.

Jake: Yeah, what did they come up with.

Anna: Well, Noah wants to be a Cowboy, and Ethan wants to be a Police Officer like you were in End of Watch.

Jake: So, Noah wants to be Woody from Toy Story?

Anna: No, he wants to wear his clothes, his boots and hat, jeans and a shirt.

Jake: Well, that's easy, and Ethan wants to be a Police Officer like I was in End of Watch.

Anna: Yep, that's what he said.

Jake: Ok, so who is staying home to hand out candy this year?

Anna: I'll do it; I know how much you like going out with the boys.

Jake: Are you sure?

Anna: Yes, it's fine.

Jake: You're the best.

Jake gave Anna a kiss then left the room Anna just laughed and followed after him. They went downstairs to help the boys with their homework and start dinner.

The boys played video games while Jake and Anna got dinner on the table.

After dinner, they played a board game together then the boys got ready for bed. Anna and Jake tucked the boys in said goodnight then went to watch tv together.

They snuggled on the couch, Anna fell asleep on Jake's shoulder, Jake kissed her forehead and continued to watch tv.

Jake: Anna, wake up let's go to bed.

Anna shifted on the couch and sat up.

Anna: What time is it?

Jake: Almost midnight.

Anna: I forgot to make the boy's lunch for tomorrow.

Jake: It's fine, I'll make it in the morning when I get back from my run.

Anna: Are you sure, I can make them now.

Jake: You're, tired go to bed, I'll do it in the morning.

Jake shut off the tv, locked the doors, turned out the lights, and followed Anna upstairs.

The next morning Jake got up went for his run at 7, then came back and made lunch for the boys.

Anna got up at 7:30, got ready then went to wake up the boys. Once the boys were up, Anna helped them get ready.

Ethan and Noah went downstairs to have breakfast, while the boys were eating, Jake went upstairs to get ready. Anna drove the boys to school, then went to have coffee with Britt.

Anna: Hey, sorry, I'm late.

Britt: It's fine. How are you?

Anna: Busy, the boys finally decided on Halloween Costumes.

Britt: What did they choose?

Anna: Noah wants to be a Cowboy, and Ethan wants to be a Police Officer.

Britt: That sounds easy.

Anna: Yep, a good thing too because they waited so long to choose.

Britt: It doesn't matter what they choose, they are going to look cute no matter what.

Anna: That's true.