Cleaning Up

Jake finally got a good nights sleep when he woke up the next morning he felt great he went for a run came back to the hotel took a shower shaved and got dressed. He looked around the room then started to clean up. 

Once Jake had finished cleaning the hotel room, he decided to look into anger management. He also stopped by an AA meeting as he listened to people talk about what they would do to their wives and children when they drank he realized he needed to stop drinking.

He went back to the hotel and looked at the papers that Anna had filed he did not want his marriage to end he wanted to get his family back he wanted to see his boys.

Jake took out his phone and called someone he thought he would never see again.

Jake: Hey, it's Jake, can you come to the hotel I need to see you?

Ten minutes later, there was a knock on the door.

Jake: Hey, thanks for coming.

Britt: What do you want Jake?

Jake: I want my family back.

Britt: Why am I here?

Jake: I need to apologize for the way I spoke to you. Britt, I am so sorry I owe you so much you were there when I wasn't you helped Anna so much.

Britt: I would do anything for Anna, you know that.

Jake: I do. I love, my family I want them back, I am going to do everything I can to make this work.

Britt: Ethan is afraid of you how are you going to make that right.

Jake: I'm going to anger management classes I'm going to AA meetings.

Britt: That's great, Jake, but Anna filed for divorce.

Jake: That's where I need your help.

Britt: You want me to talk her out of it?

Jake: I haven't signed anything yet I just need a few weeks to get things together then I'm going to call her and ask her to meet me for coffee. I just need for you not to bring up the divorce.

Britt: What if she brings it up?

Jake: Change the subject, please I really need your help. I want to prove that I can be the man she married. I love her Britt.

Britt: I will do my best to help you, but in the end, Anna and the boys come first.

Jake: Thank you for coming, I won't keep you any longer; I'm sure you have other things to do.

Britt: You look a lot better Jake thank you for the apology I hope everything works out for you.

Jake: I hope so too.

Britt left the hotel and got in her car she sat there for a minute before she called Kelley.

Kelley: Hey Britt what's up?

Britt: I just saw Jake; he wants me to help him win Anna back.

Kelley: Are you sure you want to get in the middle?

Britt: I want Anna to be happy, and Jake has stepped up he's going to anger management and AA meetings he looks a lot better maybe things can work out for them.

Kelley: Well it's nice that he is putting in the effort, but what if it's too late, Anna said, she wanted a divorce.

Britt: That was because he wasn't making an effort now he is.

Kelley: How long is he going to wait before reaching out to Anna?

Britt: He said he needs a few weeks to get a few meetings in then he wants to meet Anna for coffee so he can talk to her.

Kelley: Ok help him for now and if he doesn't meet with Anna, then tell him you are not going to help him anymore he is on his own.

Britt: Ok, thanks for the advice, I'll talk to you later.

Kelley: Bye.

Britt hung up the phone and drove back to her place. Inside the hotel, Jake was getting ready to start putting his life back together.