Valentine's Day

The day before Valentine's Day Anna and the boys were in the kitchen filling out Valentine's cards for Ethan and Noah to bring to school.

Anna: You guys are doing a great job these look great. I said as I sat down next to Noah.

Ethan: Thanks, mommy.

Anna: You're working pretty hard on that one is it for someone special?

Ethan: It's a secret.

Anna: You can tell me I can keep a secret.

Ethan: I cant mommy I said as I finished and ran to hide it in my backpack.

Anna: I shook my head and watched him run off then went back to helping Noah finish his.

Ethan came back to the table and finished the rest of his cards.

Ethan: Mommy?

Anna: Yeah buddy?

Ethan: Does Daddy give you a Valentine?

Before Anna could answer her son Jake walked into the room.

Jake: Of course I give your mom a Valentine I asked her to marry me on Valentine's Day.

Ethan: Really?

Jake: Yep it was one of the best days of my life.

Ethan: Do you want to make mommy a Valentine you can use one of my cards?

Jake: Sure buddy I sat down next to him and grabbed a card from the table and some colored pens.

Anna: Ok boys go wash your hands dinner will be ready soon.

The boys ran off to wash their hand's while Anna checked on dinner, and Jake finished his card. Jake cleaned up the mess and set the table. When dinner was over they cleared their plates and had dessert.

Anna: Hey boys I have ice cream for dessert with special Valentine's sprinkles.

Ethan: What kind of sprinkles mommy?

Anna: We have red and pink ones, and we also have hearts.

Noah: What kind of ice cream mommy?

Anna: I have chocolate and vanilla go to the table and I'll bring it over.

Jake: Do you need any help?

Anna: Can you grab some bowls and spoons?

Jake: Sure I grabbed the bowls and spoons then sat back at the table.

After the boys went to bed Anna and Jake watched tv together.

Anna: I think your son has a crush on someone?

Jake: Why would you say that.

Anna: He spent a long time working on a Valentine for someone, and he wouldn't let me see it.

Jake: I would say he has a crush but who could it be?

Anna: I don't know he won't tell me he said its a secret.

Jake: Maybe he will tell you tomorrow.

Anna: Maybe.

Jake: Speaking of Valentine's I have one for you I pulled the card out of my back pocket.

Anna: Wow Batman you really went all out I laughed as I read what it said. On the front it said Let's fight crime together then I flipped it over. To: Anna will you be my Valentine Love: Jake.

Jake: So will you be my Valentine?

Anna: Forever I said as I gave him a kiss.

Jake: I have something great planned for you tomorrow.