Thanksgiving

The next day everyone was up early helping make thanksgiving dinner. Jake was helping Janice prepare the turkey Mike was keeping the boys busy in the other room, and Anna was making breakfast for everyone.

Anna: Breakfast will be ready in 5 minutes.

Janice: Great, the turkey is ready to go in the oven.

Jake placed the turkey in the oven then helped Anna set the table for breakfast.

Anna: Boys breakfast is ready, come to the table.

Ethan and Noah ran to the table and sat down.

Noah: Can I have milk to drink, mommy?

Anna: Of course I will get it for you. Ethan, would you like some milk?

Ethan: Yes, please.

Anna came back to the table, filled the boy's glasses with milk then ate her breakfast. Later on in the day, Anna's dad showed up, they all sat together watching football and listening to the nutcracker.

Mike and Jake set up the racing track William got for Noah. Once the track was set up, Ethan and Noah raced each other.

Jake went back to helping Janice in the kitchen; they were having a great time cooking dinner together.

Anna and her dad were spending time together, bonding over football, the boys were jumping all over Uncle Mike.

Ethan: Mommy, we can't knock him over.

Anna: That's because he is bigger and stronger than you.

Noah: Can you help us, mommy.

Anna went over and pushed Mike; he fell over to make the boys happy.

Ethan: Wow, mommy, you're strong.

Anna just laughed and went back to watching football with her dad. At 5 o'clock, dinner was ready and being put on the table; Anna told the boys to wash their hands.

Everyone sat around the table and enjoyed a nice family dinner together. After dinner, the boys ran off to play with their grandpa, while Anna and Mike cleaned off the table and Jake and Jancie were putting away leftovers.

Mike: That was a great dinner; you guys did a great job.

Anna: You did do a great job.

Jake: Thanks; I had a lot of fun cooking with your mom.

After the table was clear, they served dessert. Anna and Mike did the dishes while Janice got to sit and relax, she sat with the boys and read them a story.

Anna and Mike were joking around in the kitchen laughing at each other Jake just stood in the doorway, and watched his wife he loved to watch her laugh.

Everyone gathered in the family room and relaxed from the great thanksgiving dinner they just had Anna looked over at Jake and smiled she was so glad they came here. Anna looked over at the boys sound asleep next to their grandma.

Anna: Jake, you should bring the boys upstairs.

Jake: Yeah, I should.

Mike: I'll give you a hand.

Jake and Mike each picked up one of the boys and made their way upstairs. William decided it was time to leave, he said goodbye to Janice, and Anna walked him to the door. Anna hugged her dad, told him to drive safe, and she would call him when they arrived back home.

The next day Anna, Jake, and the boys said goodbye to Janice, and Mike drove them to the airport. They caught their flight, and headed back home it was a short trip, but they had a great time seeing their family.