20.

Javon
Sighing, I washed the dishes , thinking of my plans today. The last few days I've been only going to work and coming home, nothing major. Lately, I haven't been in the friendly mood. Haven't gone anywhere with Milan because Leon always pops up going and Lamar is creeping along the way. I don't mean to sound immature or petty, but being around him isn't in the question. After him basically saying fuck me for Luna , I left the situation alone.

I can admit I like Lamar , I'm not a fan of coming second though. For years his mom always had this special hold over him and he never grasp it as manipulating him. Manipulating him into believing everything she says or does his right and it's clearly not.

Cleaning my hands, I grabbed my phone, sitting on the couch. I texted my parents back letting them know I'm okay. They had planned on staying in Jamaica for the whole month, I totally helped booked it. They've been working hard all year and needed a long break. Before my parents left I made a appointment for my mom to get her hair done.

BestieB💋: Lamar actually claiming Luna now???

I guess. I haven't talk to him in weeks.

BestieB💋: you told me y'all agreed to be friends

I only agreed to being friends because I knew he wouldn't leave me alone if I said no.

Besides us being friends doesn't mean he gotta tell his every move and vice versa🖕🏽🖕🏽🖕🏽

BestieB💋: Forget him! Come to a party with me and Leon!

To play third wheel ?? I think the fuck not

BestieB💋: No I got someone I want you to meet'

I read the message , respond with a simple "okay👌🏽". I'm not even thinking about the word relationship , so having someone to just chill with is okay. I tried to downplay the situation so bad but it stung a little. Knowing how much of a deep connection we shared and he threw it all away for a temporary girlfriend. It's all cute and lovey dovey until she finds someone ten times better and more money.

On the first day of meeting her , I saw right through the facade of her. Not gonna lie, Luna played a nice game trying to fool everybody, not me. Luna's mother probably spilled they had a pretty penny and plotted to use him.

Going upstairs, I strolled through my camera roll, seeing a few of my new outfits I recently ordered. When I order something I screen shot the outfit just to do so. Some outfits I compare to others based on seasons, fabric, and patterns. Settling on ripped jeans, plain white crop top, and my red pair of Jordan's.

Sitting in front of my vanity, the light shines in my face. Pouting , I take down the messy bun that's holding my wild hair up. Picking up the spray bottle, I use the water watching my curls tighten back up. Lastly I softly comb threw it, seeing the results come out perfectly. During the summer time, I didn't put my heat or anything on my hair. I mostly kept it braided or either in its natural state.

The horn beeps, I peep outside seeing Carlos's car in my driveway. I sighed and he blowed again awaiting my appearance, we still haven't had a real conversation. I've been acting real stubborn about the whole thing, I missed him coming around, but thinking back to that pisses me off all over again. Him bringing up that we aren't blood really set me over the edge that day.

        Locking up the front door, I went to his car hearing A Boogie With a Hoodie, playing loudly in his car. I hesitantly got in looking around for Milan , nowhere to be found. "Where's Milan" I finally ask putting my pride aside. My plan was to say nothing to him but the anxiety is killing me.

       "She's riding with Leon" he simply said looking over at me.

  "Oh" I nervously responded keeping my focus on the view out the window. The city lights starting to come on from the lack of sunlight. Music slowly changed from hip-hop to R&B, I quietly jammed in my seat.

      "Listen, we should talk. Before you say anything, I'm gonna apologize. We were arguing in the heat of the moment and I said something I truly regret. Not saying that's a excuse because it's not, it should have never been said in the first place. Could you please forgive me, I miss bugging you" he smiled.

"Hmmm, I guess. Don't say no foul shit like that ever again though. Real talk" he nodded holding up his fist for me to bump it.

"I heard about you and Lamar not talking no more. You want me to beat his ass" Carlos laughed but asked in all seriousness.

I shook my head. "It's no need , maybe you were right, boys are trash" I joked as he pulled into the driveway.

"Maybe I could've been wrong, Leon doesn't seem that bad, I can tolerate him" we got out the car seeing girls twerking from yards away. He locked the car up and we went through the front door leading to the back. Couples inside on the couch, dry humping with their clothes on. The smell of alcohol roamed the place easily, empty beer bottles on the floor.

From looking at baby pictures and all, I'm guess this is Bj's house. Today was his birthday and I had no idea, I felt like a ass for even showing up.

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming" a deep voice ranged behind me. I turned around seeing Bj with his crisp new hair cut, I slightly bit my lip at how attractive he is.

"Milan forced me to come, she never once told me it was your birthday, I feel bad coming empty handed" I admitted skipping the sugar coating.

"Nah, seeing your beautiful face is enough" he complimented pulling me in for a hug. His cologne scent filled my nose having me in this weird trance. I hid my face in his shirt trying to hide my smile. "Wanna go on a date with me"

"Sure" I smiled feeling a pair of eyes watching me.