22

Milan

Pulling the oversized t-shirt over my head, I sighed. Out of habit, I rubbed me new grown belly, in defeat. The past few days I've been trying to muster up the courage to breakdown and tell my parents, I just don't have the courage. I can already imagine the disappointment and outraged expressions on their faces. Out of everyone , I know for a fact my father is gonna take things the hardest, I'm his baby girl.

My idea is to break the news before they open their eyes themselves. Momma has been getting extra suspicious asking about my sudden changes of clothing and bigger sizes. I'll mix certain snacks together and she'll give me the famous side-eye a usual suspect mother would. She's been extra heavy on her detective skills and I'm hoping things don't come to light soon.

As for Leon , of course his mother is still clueless. His mother is controlling and if she finds out, we're both dead. He continuously asks me to come over but I've been avoiding it honestly. His mom is very nosy and Leon talks about the subject of having the baby very often. I'm almost three months pregnant so my baby bump is starting to become more visible.

Taking my phone off the charger, I traveled downstairs meeting the family for breakfast. Carlos sat down eyeing me more than usual, I shifted uncomfortable in my chair, adjusting my shirt. Going to fix my plates for seconds, I could feel all eyes glued to my sudden movements. I awkwardly sat back down ignoring the weird stares.

"You don't usually eat seconds" mom voiced tapping her fork against the plate.

I nervously chuckled, shrugging the comment off. "The older you get, the bigger the appetite, right" I joked hurrying to finish my food. I laughed it off but dad didn't seem to be feeling it.

        Throwing my plate in the sink, I hurried upstairs shaking my head. Carlos followed me into my room closing the door, I crossed his arms giving me a death stare. His eyes scanned my room carefully looking under the bed and going through my closet. I stood when he started picking up my shoe boxes, seeing me stand up he started opening all of them.

     "Remember I'm your brother. When I ask this question, don't beat around the bush" my eyes wondered around the room , the nervous butterflies forming in my stomach.

      "Are you preg-" the bedroom door busted opened revealing mom with a concerned expression on her face. Carlos quickly cut himself off closing the shoe box back up. "What y'all hiding" mom asked dashing towards the closet. She took the shoe box out of Carlos's hand feeling around the inside of the shoe.

     Without notice I darted towards the front door, holding my phone tightly in my hand. Luckily I had on slides , so I wasn't driving around barefoot. Taking my keys, I heard my dad yell my name before I ran towards my car.

     "MILAN MARAINE JONES YOUR ASS IS GRASS" I heard my mom yell from the inside of the house. Dad opened the front door confused at what's happening. "What she do"

    "She's pregnant"

      Before they could even say anything, I turned out the driveway. I knew I was gonna have to deal with them sooner or later, just not soon. Taking out my phone, I called the number that I knew would have my back, Javon. Pressing the contact name, she instantly answered.

    "My sister senses are tingling, somethings wrong"

   "Yea my mother found out that I'm pregnant and my dad, I'm fucked" I slightly panicked stopping in the Mc'Donald's parking lot. I held the phone in my hand trying to piece a plan together. "Can I stop by over there"

  "Bad idea, my mom just got wind of the news and so did my dad. You should hang out at Leon's for awhile" Javon suggested. "If your come over my mom is gonna tell Miracle right away"

     "Well, can you meet me there" I asked starting be car back up. I shot Leon a quick text before driving towards his house.

"Yea , I gotta dip before they grill me about your whereabouts" Javon quickly hung up hearing her mom's voice coming closer. Milan turned on her Bluetooth playing songs from Spotify. In the mood for soothing music H.E.R blared throughout the car.

My vision slowly started to become cloudy, a year strolled down my cheek. I couldn't face them not having the courage to admit my situation. All I wanted or more so needed is support, not the constant bashing. I already had my future planned out, I've always been into cosmetology. During high school I always got paid doing girl's makeup for twenty dollars, that's cheap unlike big time makeup artists. The better I got the higher my services got but I was mindful that high schooler didn't make that much.

I've even started advertising my business online, so customers have been making appointments to come see me. Luckily I saved up enough money to afford a one bedroom apartment and manage to pay off other things.

Knocking on the front door, his mother opened it showing me the usual fake smile. I quickly wiped my eyes giving her a shy wave. "Hey Mrs. Swindle" I greeted stepping inside.

"Hey sweetie, Leon is on the couch awaiting your presence" I nodded making my way to the living room. "I should set him up with someone to" his mother mumbled going back into the kitchen. I mentally rolled my eyes trying to contain the attitude coming up.

       Unlike Lamar , Leon could tell his mother that's her choices are behind retarded. He never forgets to let it be known that he's eighteen , leaving the nest soon. That's why when it came to having me around, she had no choice but to put on this fake facade that she actually likes me.

   "Leon my parents found out" I hinted pointing towards my stomach. His smile from seeing me dropped and he instantly wrapped his arms around me.

"It's okay, we're gonna make it through this. If you need me to sit with you while you do this, I'll go" Leon assured me attempting to calm me down. We cuddled on the couch causing me to slowly fall asleep.

-
     Just a filler , I'm working a another book at the moment because a idea just sparked me interest 😭😭😭!

     Idk whether I wanna release it or wait to after I finish this book.

   My reason for writing this is because I need help picking characters for the book , mainly men, I have enough women.