Rose part 1

--March 26th 2005--

I've been here for over a year and today is finally the day. The day the Doctor comes in to Rose's life. I was so ready to see my leather clad big eared Doctor. I feel excitement well up in my chest for what the end of the day has in stored for both Rose and I. I hear Rose's alarm blare from my right and I groan telling her to shut the darn thing off.

"Come on time to get up Dan." She shakes me.

"But I don't wanna." I whine. She just rolls her eyes and hits me with a pillow. I hit her back with mine and we both just laugh.

"I'm taking a shower. I'll be ready in about thirty." I tell her before I get out of bed and get some clothes together.

I hop in the shower for a quick wash

I hop in the shower for a quick wash. Once i'm out I blow dry my hair and do a fish-tale braid. I do simple make up with red lipstick, I smile at my reflection before I walk out in to the living room. Rose was just done getting dressed and we had to dash out the door to catch the bus to work. Rose kisses Jackie's cheek before she heads for the door. I do the same thing and follow Rose down the steps.

"I'll see you at lunch?" I ask Rose as we get into work.

"Yeah Mickey is going to treat us to food." She tells me.

"Okay, sounds good. I'll probably see you around. I think i'm on the floor today." I tell her.

"Okay, see ya." She waves goodbye to me and heads towards the break room to clock in and find out what she's going to be doing today. I head over to customer service to clock in the accounting room. Like I always do.

"Good morning Lola." I greet my best friend that I had made at work.

"Door key?" She asks as she holds up a set of keys. She tosses them to me and I go clock in. Once i'm done I walk back out to the desk and grab a walkie.

"miss Joe." I say.

"Yes?" She asks.

"Where am I stationed today?" I ask her.

"Floor. But if Lola needs you she'll holler."

"Thank you miss." I put down the walkie and smile at Lola I salute her and walk away and start working around the floor.

About an hour in to my shift a little girl comes running up to me. "hewo." The little girl says to me. "I cant find my mummy."

"Hi sweetheart. I'll help you find your mummy. What's your name?" I ask her as I kneel down in front of her.

"Shannon." She says.

"Hi Shannon, let's go find your mummy, okay?" I pick her up and I head over to customer service so I can page her mum.  As we wait for Shannon's mum I give her a loli and a sticker.

A slightly plump short woman with dark brown hair and blue eyes comes up the desk.

"There you are pumpkin. Mummy's been worried sick sweetheart. You can't wonder off." She softly scolds her daughter. "Thank you so much for finding her, miss."