Sidelines {Laurens x Reader (x Lafayette)}

pairing; john laurens x reader (x marquis de lafayette kinda)

time; modern

warnings; sad baguette

type of oneshot; fluff but also some sad

requested?; nada

after the best friend platonic fluff with John last oneshot I needed more relationship fluff with him bcuz he's such a cinnamon roll.

---

Your POV

I took my bow in the big theatre. We had finally gotten to perform 'Miranda: An American Musical' (don't judge me), created by my best friend Alexander Hamilton. I had gotten the part of Renee Elise Goldsberry -Phillipa Soo and Jasmine Cephas Jones's sister, and the woman who loved Lin-Manuel Miranda, but let her sister have him-. Everyone in our squad was apart of it, even a bunch of others who wanted to join us, and it couldn't have been more successful. We got a standing ovation.

As soon as we got backstage, everyone started cheering and yelling and singing. "MISSION SUCCESS. WE NAILED IT!" Hercules yelled. Him and Alex shared this loud high-five, I could almost feel the pain coming from it. I heard John -my boyfriend- shout, "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!" Everyone couldn't help but laugh, now couldn't been a more perfect time for John's signature catchphrase.

I was laughing at a comment Alex had made when suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind and picked me up. I could already tell it was John. Alex only grinned, and went back to talking to Hercules. John put me down but spun me around so I was facing him. Sure enough, I was facing my adorable, freckled boyfriend.

John grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me. "You. Did. So. GOOD!" John had played Lin Miranda's best friend, Anthony Ramos. He nailed it. I giggled, and shook him back. "You. Did. Amazing. ALSO!" We both laughed and he picked me up again, spinning me around. He put me down again, putting a hand on my cheek. "I love you, (N/N). And I'm so PROUD!"

I giggled. "I love you too, Freckles. But I'm even MORE proud!"  He grinned, then kissed me. I smiled into the kiss, my eyes fluttering closed.

Little had I known, while lots of people were cheering ("GET IT, JOHN!" That was Hercules. No surprise) and taking some pictures, a certain Frenchmen was watching us from afar.

Lafayette's POV

I watched glumly as John spun her around and as they exchanged some words. I watched as he kissed her and she closed her eyes. I heard Hercules shout "GET IT, JOHN!" and saw people take pictures. I looked away, tears pricking my eyes.

Once upon a time, I loved -and still love- (Y/N) (L/N). Everything about her. Her sparkling (E/C) eyes, her (H/L) (H/C) hair. The way she smiled and laughed at the smallest of things and was always open to helping people. Her singing voice was just flat out amazing. She might as well be considered an angel, that's what I thought.

But, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that. The only person who stopped me from her. John Laurens. I knew how he looked at her like she was the only girl in the world, like she really was an angel. He loved her, he'd give her the world, and she'd do the same.

It really did hurt me. It hurt me how perfect they were together. How everyone thought they were the cutest thing, when as much as it hurt to say, they were. I knew nothing would happen between them anytime soon, they were just soulmates.

Back to the present, I watched as (Y/N) and John pulled apart, foreheads still touching. I stalked away, not bearing to see it any longer. I wished my feelings would just leave me alone. I wished it didn't kill me to see them so happy together. But I guess I'm stuck with the thoughts. I guess I'm stuck watching.

I guess I was stuck on the sidelines.