Black Glitter {Anthony x Reader}

EDIT: guess what vid didn't stay yEET

okay there's no 'official' vid for this song but hOLY SH*T IM SO OBSESSED Y'ALL HAVE ZERO IDEA

pairing; anthony ramos x reader

time; modern

warnings; none

type of oneshot; fluff

requested?; nada

ps sorry I haven't updated in a while I don't like school + writers block sometimes-

---

Your POV

For ages now, Anthony had been keeping one secret song from me. He wouldn't tell me what it was or what it was about. He said it was a surprise. Needless to say, I was slightly disappointed, but I was excited none-the-less.

Now, Anthony had finally started going on 'tour' for his Freedom-EP, and I went with him.

Tonight was one of his shows. Things had been running normally; he had done 'Alright' and 'When The Bell Tolls' already, as well as some other things. He usually saved 'Freedom' for last, so I was expecting that soon.

To my surprise, one of his friends started playing unfamiliar piano chords. I knew Anthony's music, but not this.

"She only comes out in the night. 'Cause she knows I ain't sleepin'.
She got my schedule down tight. She never texts me on the weekends.

She got that sexy that I like. Oh, got me lookin' through the back door.
Spot that somethin' in her eyes. No, she don't care that I'm spoken for."

Anthony looked at me from his spot on stage, a slight smirk on his face as he held the mic stand.

"'Cause when the sun goes down, my demons start callin'.
And when she come 'round, the angels start fallin'.

Ooo, she wear that dress with that shimmer.
Ooo, oh yeah, they call it black glitter.

Oh, black glitter.
Oh, black glitter.
Yeah, they call it black glitter.
Yeah, they call it black--"

Anthony paused from singing. "Lemme tell y'all the story."

He grabbed the mic of the stand, setting it aside as he leaned forward towards everyone. "It started in the winter.

Three a.m., maybe four. It shoulda only been for dinner, but we got weaker, the stronger the pull." I couldn't help but smile as he knelt in front of a fan, the girl's eyes lit up in excitement.

"We went from one bar to the other. Oh yeah, until they all closed.
Her face was buried in my shoulder, next thing you know we was in a car home.

Sun goes down. Oh, my demons start callin'.
She know it, she come around. The angels start fallin'.
Ooo. Oo, oh yeah, they call it black glitter.

Oh, black glitter.
Oh, black glitter.
Yeah, they call it black glitter.
Oo yeah, they call it black glitter."

Anthony stopped singing, his friend Zack (Zack? Zach? Z a c? Who knows) taking over on electric guitar. Anthony looked over at me with a smile once Zack finished before lifting the mic again.

"'Cause when the sun goes down, my demons start callin'.
And when she come 'round, the angels start fallin'."

His voice dropped to a surprisingly low pitch, surprising me but making me smile brightly.

"Ooo, she wear that dress with that shimmer.
Ooo, oh yeah, they call it black glitter.

Oh, black glitter.
Black glitter.
Black glitter."

The music faded as Anthony backed up, the light blacking out. Everyone started cheering and clapping.

The song pretty much had me speechless. It was this smooth, suave thing that left me even more in love with him.

The song also vividly reminded me of us, and thinking back, I realized it was about us in a sense. Our relationship had in fact started in winter, when we both decided to have dinner, then go to some bars. I had on some sparkly black dress that night, which apparently to this day still had some effect on Anthony.

I vaguely remembered walking with Anthony down the sidewalk, head against his shoulder as we tried to get a car home. Until we did, and the rest was history.

~

I made my way backstage to find Anthony taking off the small mic by his ear.

I walked behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Wonderful as always, Ant."

He chuckled, setting his mic down. "Thanks, baby girl. Did you like the song?"

I pulled away, grabbing one of his hands. "Liked it? I loved it! I have no words to describe how amazing that was!"

Anthony's hazel eyes sparkled. "Was it worth the wait?"

"As much as I hate to admit it, yeah. I think I just fell more in love with you."

Anthony laughed, pulling me to him by my waist. He gave me a quick, gentle kiss before pulling back, hands still on my waist.

"Maybe I should wear the black glitter more often," I teased. "You seem to love it."

"Now that's just askin' for it," he mumbled, a slight smirk on his face.

"Damn right it is."

---

I did it!

after finding that song and listening to it for the first time, I knew I had to do something with it. so here we are now~

I hope you guys liked it, and I'll see y'all next time~

~ Galaxy