Perfectly Imperfect {Daveed x Chubby! Reader}

oi see I told you guys I forgot a request a while back

pairing; daveed diggs x chubby! reader

time; modern

warnings; self doubts

type of oneshot; pretty floofy

requested?; yes! by @YaoiFangirl_4002! i'm so so sorry once again for forgetting!

---

Your POV

I found myself staring back at my own longing reflection. I had picked out a dress for Daveed and I's date, and when I had tried it on in the store, I loved it. It was a lacy dark red dress with three-quarter sleeves that traveled to just above my knees. Yet when I took it home and put it on now, it felt wrong. Unnatural even. My skin seemed to be in all the wrong places... like always. But now it looked even worse than usual.

"Babe? Almost done?" I heard Daveed's voice ask from outside the door.

"Yeah!" I called back, turning to my reflection again. Sighing, I put my hands on my stomach, pulling skin back. I turned sideways to look at my reflection and was happy until I removed my hands. Shaking my head, I ran a hair through my (H/C) locks, disappointed with myself.

There was a knock at the door, taking me out of my thoughts. "(Y/N)? Can I come in?"

"Sure.." I responded, looking at the door before turning back to the mirror. My head felt clouded with all sorts of thoughts.

You look stupid.

Try eating less why don't you?

Daveed is only dating you out of pity.

He doesn't truly love you.

Maybe if you lost weight he'd like you a little more.

I was so caught up with my brain I didn't feel Daveed slip his arms around my waist until he spoke up.

"Are you thinking again?"

I only nodded, going to put my hands back on my stomach. Before I could though, Daveed grabbed my hands, preventing me from doing so.

"I don't get what you see is so bad, babe. You're beautiful."

I shook my head. "Do you know what I see? I see a girl who should be pounds lighter and thinner than she is. I see a girl who's stuck in a body in which she resents every day of her life. I see a girl who feels like she's stupid and ugly and judged every single day. That, Daveed, is what I see."

Daveed interlaced our fingers together. "You know what I see? I see a girl with the most perfectly imperfect, most lovely body. I see a girl who's in a body she should be rocking, rather than hiding. I see a girl who's hella beautiful and smart and the world wishes they were her. That's what I see, baby girl."

I couldn't help but smile by the time he finished speaking. He looked down at me, chuckling. "Do you see now, (Y/N)? You're f*ckin' beautiful. Stop doubting yourself."

I giggled, a blush traveling across my face. "I don't know. Maybe?"

"It's a start. I think you're ready to go out though. You're rocking the dress hella well."

I laughed as Daveed pulled me out of the room. "Thanks, babe."

He handed me one of my black sweaters and helped me put it on. I grabbed one of my small black bags and held onto Daveed's arm as we started to the door.

As we walked out, I looked up at him and he shot me a smile, in which I returned one. While we walked, I did feel a bit better and more confident in my dress, just like in the store. Even if I wasn't the most confident yet, I was still perfectly imperfect.

---

sorry if this is on the short side! I wanted to do reassurance fluff as soon as I got the request in my mind... and it usually isn't the longest thing in the book. so i'm sorry if it isn't as long as other requests, but I put my best effort into it!

I hope you like this Yaoi! apologies again for the long delay (if you guys ever learn anything about me... I apologize... a lot)! I also hope the rest of ya'll like it! I'll cya next oneshot!

~ Galaxy