Surprise~! (PT. 2) {Laurens x Reader}

you guys really looked like you wanted this XD

pairing; john laurens x reader

time; modern

warnings; none

type of oneshot; f l u f f

requested?; by you guys :P

---

~ two years later ~

Your POV

College was finally over! The past four years had been long ones, but I'm glad John was always there when he could be. And when he wan't, I still had his songs. I was going to be traveling home within the next twenty-four hours, and John had no idea. He knew I was out of college, but he didn't know when I was coming back. I wanted to surprise my freckled boyfriend.

I finally finished packing up everything in my dorm. (F/N), my dorm-mate, came over to me. "It's finally over! We get to go home!"

I laughed, zipping up my suitcases. "Yeah! At least you get to stay in New York. I'm flying a thousand miles back to Chicago!"

(F/N) giggled. "But you get to see John again! Aren't you excited?"

"Excited is an understatement, (F/N). But flying on a plane is not so exciting."

We both laughed. I turned to her. "Y'know, I'm gonna miss you. I've known you for four years but I'm so attached."

"Yeah, I'll miss you too. You better come visit the squad and I!"

"Same to you, (F/N). Just wait until our friends from our hometowns meet each other."

"Oh God. That'll be one for the ages!"

We both laughed again, deciding to spend our last hours together watching some Netflix.

~ finally on the plane (cuz I don't feel like writing an airport thingy) ~

Getting to the airport and actually on the plane was just fun. It was late at night, and I wouldn't get home until the early morning. How fun! As I adjusted in my seat, I pulled out my phone and my earbuds. I looked out the window, at the starry midnight sky. I was vividly reminded of John, the dozens of stars reminding me of his freckles. I found myself smiling at my funny little connection as I drifted off to sleep, listening to his song.

Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise
I'm by your side

~ when she arrives back in Chicago ~

"We have arrived in Chicago. We hope you had a good flight!" (how does one airport I honestly don't know)

I straightened up, slightly dazed from my few hours sleep. I found myself getting out of the plane, heading to the baggage claim. I managed to find my bags, looking for (S/N), who said she'd pick me up and drop me off at John and I's house when it wasn't so early. Bless her for getting up early for this.

I was about to turn around when someone tackled me to the ground in a hug. "(N/N)!!"

I squeaked. "Gah! (S/N)!"

We both started laughing like crazy and hugged each other, and she stood up, pulling me off the ground. "Sorry sis. I just got excited!" she said.

I giggled. "It's fine. I honestly would've too if it were the case."

(S/N) grabbed one of my bags and we walked out of the airport. When we got into her car, she looked at me. "Tell me all about college! We have a while to go before you see John."

So while she drove, I told her all about college; finals, the friends I made, late night study sessions, and the mass amount of Starbucks.

We pulled up in front of her house. We got out of the car and walked up the driveway, (S/N) unlocking the door. She led me to the living room and we sat down, and I continued telling her about what happened, even telling her about the song John wrote me, to which she actually fangirled over. "He so loves youuu!" she exclaimed.

I laughed. "Oh I know."

~ time skip to sUrPriSeS! ~

(S/N) pulled up in front of the house. "Well this is where we part ways for now, sis. You better text me how John reacts."

I giggled. "You could just stay here and watch, y'know!"

She shook her head. "Nah, I can't. Gotta be somewhere with Mom. Text me though~!"

I got out of the car, grinning. "Got it sis. Thanks for the help today!"

She smiled. "Anytime! Bye~!"

I held onto my bags, going up the driveway, passing John's familiar blue car. Oh how I missed this house. I put my bags down on the doorstep quickly, opening the door as quietly as I could. No sign of John. I put my bags down silently and crept around.

I peered into the kitchen and sure enough, John's back was facing me. I grinned mischievously and crept up behind John, covering his eyes with my hands. "Gah! Who is that?!"

I giggled, and leaned forward slightly. "Surprise~!"

I removed my hands as John spun around. When the current situation finally settled in his hazel eyes widened. "(N-N/N)! You're back!"

His arms wrapped around my waist, almost picking me up. I laughed and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. We stayed like that for a bit.

When we finally pulled apart, I looked up at him and saw the faint shine of tears in his eyes. I giggled. "Shouldn't I be the one crying, Freckles?"

John chuckled as I lifted one of my hands to his face, wiping his cheeks from the few fallen tears. I put my hand down as he pulled me closer, putting one hand on the back of my neck as he leaned down slightly. I closed the distance between us, finally having the contact with him I missed for four years.

Our eyes closed as I felt the long missed feelings of fireworks; the feeling of a spark only growing into more than it was before.

Even after we broke apart moments later, I let him hold onto me tightly, keeping my arms around his neck just as tight. My head rested in the crook of his neck as I heard him sigh, rubbing my back slowly.

"I'm so glad you're back. I missed you a lot, chickadee." John said quietly.

"I missed you more, Freckles. I love you."

"I love you too."

I felt at peace for the first time in a long time.

I was finally home.

---

well that was part two! I hope it was good enough!

I also lied about the extras... I might have gotten one more idea... heheh ;P

cya next oneshot~!

~ Galaxy