Taking a Break (PT. 2) {Laurens x Reader}

pt 2 leZ gO

pairing; john laurens x easily flustered! reader

time; modern

warnings; brief t.jeff l m a o

type of oneshot; fluff

requested?; part two of ducktaleslover123's request hope ya like it!

---

Your POV

I didn't think I'd actually be successful in getting away from John and his flirting, but I did. I felt kinda bad, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do to study properly. Hopefully he wouldn't be upset.

I sat in Commonwealth Avenue Mall (which was actually a park). It was one of the closest parks to Berklee that I could go to that I enjoyed.

Plugging in some music, I was actually able to get through things quickly. The air was refreshing and it was peaceful. I finished my second essay rather quickly, and even took notes. Being productive was fun when in the right mindset for it.

Noticing someone approach me, I paused my music but continued typing.

"Hey darlin'."

Looking up, I found none other than Thomas Jefferson.

~

Upon arriving back at John and I's dorm, I found John standing by the couch, glancing at his phone. "John?"

He looked up, his body relaxing as he set his phone down. "There you are!"

I set my bag down, walking over to him. He pulled me into a hug. "You didn't respond to my texts, chickadee."

I felt my cheeks tint in embarrassment. "Sorry love. You seem more tense about this than usual though."

He pulled back, smiling reassuringly. "It's okay. Jefferson just decided to... reach out."

My eyes widened slightly. "I-I didn't do anything, I promise. He ju-just wouldn't stop--"

John cut me off by leaning down and kissing me. He pulled away after a moment, laughing at my dark cheeks. "Don't worry, chickadee. Jefferson just can't keep to himself. Besides-"

I looked at him confused but he only grinned, catching me by surprise and scooping me up. "-you're mine!"

I giggled as he kissed all over my face. "J-John!"

He laughed, setting me down after a moment.

"So, are ya gonna take a break yet?" John teased, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I rolled my eyes at his usual charming nature returning, and decided to keep teasing him back. "No."

I wriggled out of his grasp, grabbing my bag and going to my room. He followed behind me after a moment. "C'mon doll~"

I walked into my room, pulling out my laptop and setting it on the desk. "Nope."

John's arms slipped around my waist before I could sit down, and I felt a sense of deja vu. "Don't you wanna spend time with your boyfriend?"

"I do, but work needs to be done," I responded.

Trying to escape his arms turned out to be useless, and I knew unlike earlier, I couldn't just slide by. I sighed. "Fine.."

I didn't have to turn to know John had a teasing smile on his face. "'Fine' what?"

"I'll take a break.."

I squeaked when he picked me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist. "I don't trust you this time, baby girl."

John carried me out of my room, setting me down on the sofa. He sat next to me, pulling me onto his lap which made me blush darker. He only chuckled, turning the TV on and going to Netflix.

I watched him look through movies until he landed on 'Ant Man and the Wasp'. "Yes!"

He laughed, hitting the button. "Marvel it is then."

John set the remote down, wrapping his arms around my waist. Ignoring my blush, I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Happy now?" I mumbled.

"Very," he answered, kissing my head. "Thank you."

"Y-You're welcome.."

---

that one was rlly cute to write, I liked it. again tho, sorry it's short

regardless, I hope y'all liked this, and i'll cya next time!

~ Galaxy