The Ten Duel Commandments (PT. 2) {Laurens x Nurse! Reader}

it's the final oneshot holy sh*t-

pairing; john laurens x nurse! reader

time; hamiltime

warnings; lee being an *sshole

type of oneshot; angsty fluff?

requested?; nope

y'all I lowkey did some research so here you go take this improved oneshot

---

~ a few days later: December 23, 1778 ~

Your POV

"Charles Lee has been challenged to a duel!"

' My darling (Y/N),

I am terribly sorry I couldn't see you tonight. I've been stuck writing letters and staying up late with Alexander and preparing to head out for God knows how long. I may be reckless, but I did not have the heart to say I am going to a duel.

General Lee could not get away with all the things he has said to General Washington; I had to do something. I hope you can forgive me no matter the circumstances. 

Yours Always,
J. Laurens '

I had woke up to find that note folded neatly by my head. According to Lafayette, who was one of my only other male acquaintances in the army, said that a decent sized group of soldiers had left for the opposite end of Philadelphia for reasons I didn't know, including Washington, John, Alexander, Lee, and Burr. They had left late the night before.

The other end of Philadelphia was quite a bit away. We were in Pennsylvania, but I knew no matter when I left or how fast, I more than likely would miss the duel. So I had to wait and pray nothing went wrong.

John's POV

I felt like sh*t for just leaving (Y/N) with a note after not even visiting her like I said I would the night before. I wanted more than anything to see my wife right now and last night, but Alex had kept me with him writing letters, including another to (Y/N) in case this went south, before we had to leave.

As we got closer to the outskirts of the woods we were in, I knew what that meant. Lee and I's duel would take place right on the border of the woods. I could see the edge in the distance.

Alex was next to me, both of us on horseback as we rode behind Washington. He looked at me. "Are you ready, Laurens?"

I looked back at him. "Are you seriously askin' me that? Of course I'm f*ckin' ready! It's not like he's gonna apologize any time soon."

That threw the first dueling commandment out the window. Lee wouldn't apologize, so we had to duel. One of us would get the satisfaction.

We already had our seconds. That took care of the second commandment. Alex was mine. Burr was Lee's. Not the best combination of people if you asked me.

Alex and Burr had already - tried - to talk. But that only resulted in where we were going now. That took care of the third and fourth commandments. We had our pistols, we had a doctor on site.

The fifth commandment. We weren't exactly sure the time, but there was no sun in the sky just yet. We were lucky there was no snow on the ground; it was dry.

Hamilton Oneshots!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara