France (PT. 2.5) {Hamilsquad x Reader}

oo boy.

pairing; poly! hamilsquad x poly! reader

time; modern

warnings; s a d

type of oneshot; angst

requested?; nada

---

John's POV 

~ back in the kitchen, after Laf's explanation ~

"...so my family wants me back in... France.." Laf finished sadly. I stared at him in disbelief, then choked out a laugh. "They want you back in France?"

Laf nodded, frowning. "Oui. It's not like I want to though!"

"But how does that explain Adrienne?" I asked, frustrated.

Laf shrugged. "My family must've told 'er because they knew we talked. I don't talk to my family."

Nothing made sense to me. "Okay, but hold on. You just said it's not like you wanted to. Then why are you just going to leave?!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up.

"I..."

"You're just going to leave us? After only a month after Alex left? Have you even seen (Y/N)'s state since you've been disappearing on us?!"

Laf was silent. I continued.

"She's been trying to get over Alex, and then here you go trying to slide past us and leave! You're only making her feel worse!"

"They're going to make me return no matter what!" he finally replied.

"But that doesn't mean you still don't have time, Laf! You could still spend time with us! You don't have to pack up and leave us right away!" I could feel tears starting to prick my eyes.

"It's for the best!"

There was another voice. "For the best?"

I turned to see Herc in the doorway, arms crossed. Herc walked over next to me, and I turned back to Laf. Laf sighed. " 'ercules..."

"The best, Lafayette, would be staying with us until you actually can't," Herc said. Laf opened his mouth to say something but I spoke up first.

"Are you really going to do this? To us? To (Y/N)? When she's still hopeless?"

I saw the pain in Laf's eyes. "Please believe me when I say I really don't want this, mes amours..."

Herc scoffed. "If you really don't want it, then stay! You don't have to go anywhere yet!"

Laf shook his head. "Ç'est la seule solution..." he mumbled. Laf knew we didn't know what he was saying. I knew Alex and even (Y/N) would've known.

There was a thick silence in the air, until Laf walked forward and pushed past us.

"What the hell? Where are you going?!" I exclaimed. Laf didn't answer and kept walking. I looked out into the hall and saw him enter our bedroom.

"He's actually leaving," I whispered. "He actually has the nerve to leave halfway across the world when (Y/N)'s trying to pick herself back up."

Herc walked up to me, pulling me into a hug. I let the tears silently slide down my face. The only things I could hear were the tick of the kitchen clock and the quiet rustling from our room.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

The quiet felt like it was surrounding me.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

It felt like an invisible blanket trying to suffocate me.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

What was only a few minutes felt like hours. I heard the bedroom door close softly and footsteps. I finally picked my head up from Herc's chest and turned around. Laf walked by the kitchen silently, holding two bags. I started walking out of the kitchen. Herc grabbed my hand and followed me.

Laf was by the front door, hand holding the doorknob, yet going nowhere.

"You don't have to leave us..." I whispered hoarsely.

"I-I'm sorry..." Laf whispered back. I could tell he was crying. I tried to remind myself it wasn't our fault. It was his.

Herc pulled me to his chest, wrapping his arms around me tightly. "Just get out of here... think about what you've done tonight, Lafayette."

Laf turned the doorknob, only making matters worse by his last words being something neither me nor Herc could understand.

"Pardonne-moi pour la douleur, mes amours... la tempête s'éclaircir un jour..."

...