Accidents Happen (PT. 1) {Daveed x Reader}

so we've had a bunch of fluff which is nice but I had this lowkey angsty idea so lEtS dO tHaT

pairing; daveed diggs x reader

time; modern

warnings; blood

type of oneshot; angsty

requested?; nope

---

Your POV

It started out as one night out with Rafa and the guys. Then two. Three, four. Then suddenly, I found myself alone almost every weekend. He barely even talked to me during shows and rehearsals. I'm starting to wonder what I might've did wrong.

Renée, being the mom friend she is, assured me that I didn't do anything. I found myself spending more time with her, Pippa, Jaz, and all my fellow ensemble dancers. Hell, even Anthony and Oak. Daveed was always out with Rafa and his other friends anyway. I seemed to have been forgotten.

Before he started going out every weekend, Daveed and I were a wide spread ship in the Hamilton community, along with Ant and Jaz of course. Then he started going out. Fans started wondering what was happening to us. I told the fans I was as clueless as they were. Before he started going out, there was only love in the relationship. We did a lot together, practically living in the other's apartment. We walked to and from rehearsals together, often going out to the local café. But now that's all over. Now it's just silence, and a bickering match here and there.

Now however, I found myself leaving Daveed's apartment and out back into New York, trying to get back to my apartment without tears.

Flashback -

Daveed and I were sat on his couch. I looked at him. "Are we still gonna have our movie marathon tonight?"

"I thought I told you I was going out with the guys tonight.." Daveed said, texting who I'm guessing was Rafa.

I decided I'd try and play around. "But I thought you said you were going out tomorrow with them... not today?" I knew he hadn't said that.

"Now that I think about it..."

I only sighed, standing up. I grabbed my phone, texting Thayne to meet me at my apartment. Thayne was one of my closest friends in the cast. He was my shoulder to cry on, especially with what was going on now. Of course, it was strictly platonic love, Thayne was dating Jon anyways, and they were adorable.

Cookie Monster: daveed at it again?

(N/N): of course he is. just meet me there

Cookie Monster: okay. I'll cya there. love you (N/N)

I smiled softly.

(N/N): love ya too, Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster: funny (N/N). just get to your apartment!

I looked at Daveed. "I'm heading out... we can find another day for the movie marathon anyways..."

Daveed only nodded. "Mhm."

I shook my head, blinking away the tears as I walked out of the apartment complex, into the starlit sky of New York.

Flashback End -

Daveed before used to hate me walking out when it was dark. Now he didn't even consider what I might be doing. I tried to push the thoughts away, thinking of getting home so I could talk with Thayne.

As I made it to a crosswalk, I waited to be let go. It took a minute, before a car was nice enough to let me pass. I waved as thanks and started crossing. I was halfway across the road.

I stopped in at the safe area in the middle, so I could cross again. I looked both ways. Oddly enough, no cars. I took that as my cue to start crossing. I was about halfway across. There were still no cars, or so I had thought. I couldn't move out of the way in time.

SLAM!

The car collided with my body before I could even react, sending me flying a decent length away. I hit the ground with a painful thud, barely hitting my head.

All I could feel was a searing pain in my side, and just everywhere else. It all hurt. I saw the blood starting to pool around me. I could see the black spots starting to invade my vision.

I heard some car doors slam shut. "Sh*t sh*t sh*t! What the hell did I just do?!" a male voice exclaimed. I heard someone shout "call 911!"

There were too many voices. Too many black spots. Too much of my blood seeping onto the black road. After looking up at the twinkling stars a moment, I finally succumbed to the peaceful black, the welcoming silence. Everything felt at peace.

Daveed's POV

I let her go again. I keep getting so focused on hanging out with Rafa and the others that I forget all the things she wanted to do. The things she planned just for us. I could've gone after her, but I felt like she just needed some time. I'd talk to her tomorrow for sure.

My phone started ringing. An unknown number popped up on my screen. Confused, I slid the green answer button.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Is this Daveed Diggs?"

"It is. Why?"

"(Y/N) (L/N) has been involved in an accident. You were the first on her emergency contact list."

...