Hand Slipped

We carry our bags over to the grocery section of the market to find King and help him with carrying the stock. When we find him, he already figured out an effective way to carry all the barrels. His chastifol floated behind him, lacking in height due to all the weight. How long did we stay in the store? When we walked over to him he said that he was already done and just browsing and waiting for us.

~~~ time skip~~~

I walk in and smell the holyness of Ban's cooking. I look around to see the tables are pushed together, and they are set with platters. Full of all the foods I could think of. But it's lunch time not dinner.

"Hey Ban, What's going on?" I asked. Walking into the kitchen to find him with the 'Kiss The Chef'  apron on. Ban pulled a fork out of the oven as if to check if something was done or not. It smelled like a super sweet pastery.

"We have a celebration!" He replied. Putting the fork in the sink and went over to the counter to mix somthing in a bowl that looked like icing.

"For what?" Walking over to him, I hear the kitchen door behind me open. I turn around to see king with Meliodas in tow.

"(Y/n) do you not remember?" King said with a look of confusion and worry. The boys gather around Ban and I.

"Remember what?"

"Your birthday?" King questioned. I remember now. I just lost track of time because these guys are a way too good of a distraction. I silently walk over the the oven and look inside. It was a cake. That's why that smell was so familiar.

A smile grew on my face. I jump up and down for the second time today in excitement. "King! Your so dependable. Even I didn't remember my own birthday. Thank you!" I laugh out while giving him a hug. King seizes up and I laugh at his reaction. "How silly am I? forgetting my own birthday..." I continued to talk with them for a little while longer until I walked upstairs to look for Diane.

I find her in the middle of changing, but I didn't care. And neither did she apparently. "Happy birthday (Y/n)! King told me not too long ago about it. You should've told me!" She wines. Diane finished getting dressed and gave me a soft hug.

"Girl, I didn't even know it was my birthday, what makes you think I would tell you?" I giggle.

"You've got a fair point there." She sighs and flops onto her bed. I grab my apron and only tie it around my waist and let the top half fall before I walk out of the room once more. Going downstairs, I see Hawk having difficulty coming up the stairs. Like he has asthma.

"Did you know it was my birthday too?" I ask him, slowing down my pace.

"It's the talk of the tavern!" He smiles.

~~~ Diane's POV~~~

(Y/n) rushes out of the room while I flop on my bed. I can't wait till I tell King about what she did at the store today.I look at My self in the body mirror so I can put my hair up into the orange bow I got today. (Y/n) has good taste. She helped me pick out my outfits. I looked good in the dress. I go downstairs and go into the kitchen on where king said he would be.opening the door, I find King arguing with Ban. And Meliodas with his goofy smile. This time, it looked slightly bigger than usual. King looks up at me and then his blooms with red.

"Diane! Where did you get that?" He asked.

"(Y/n) and I got a lot of clothes. Even bathing suites for the waterfall tomorrow. And listen to this! The original price was around 80 bucks but (Y/n) flirted her way into it only being 50."  I tell them King looks at me astonished, and then Meliodas and Ban burst out laughing.

"Are you sure you're talking about (Y/n), Diane? She doesn't seem like the kind of person who would do that. She's a little miss princess." Ban asked while practally crying. He places his hands under his chin to support his head and bats his eyes.

"No, I does sound like somthing (y/n) would do. She always takes a risk on her money." King sighs out. The boys immediately stop laughing.

"I don't believe you." Ban says to King. I take a seat and cross my legs.

"Think what you want, but that is somthing (y/n) would do." King said. I then look over to Meliodas and notice that his smile shrunk only slightly, but it didn't go unnoticed. He walked out of the room shortly after king started to go on about the supply.

~~(y/n)s POV~~

Sitting down at the pond, I dip my feet into the water and place my shoes off the the side. The water rushing in-between my toes, and leaves me with chills. I hear footsteps come up from behind me. The person sits down.

"What's wrong?" Meliodas asked.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." He hummed in response. We just sat there in silence. It wasn't akward or anything. It was kind of comforting. I look over to meliodas and I see him looking at the pond with a concentrating look.

"Now it's my turn to ask. What's wrong?" I ask. And he turns to me with a nonchalant face.

"Just thinking." He replied.

"About what?"

" well... I've been meaning to ask you."

"Hmm?"

"Do you have a magic power?"

"Well, yeah."

"Then what is it?"

"I guess it's.....magic?" I laugh out. I wanted to play a game.

"Why won't you tell me?"

"I don't feel like it." I then get pushed into the water and my hair gets wet along with my clothes.

"What the... Meliodas!" I whine, while brushing hair out of my face.

"Whoops! My hand slipped." He says I then come up behind him and hit him in the back of the head.

"Whoops! My hand slipped." I say while running back into the boar hat with Meliodas chasing me.

I run up the stairs and slam the door close while locking it so that Meliodas doesnt come in. "Oh hoho... I see how it is (Y/n). Okay okay." His voice grew distant. Seemed like he left. I went over to my bed to pull out the clothes from the shopping bag and I put on my work dress. I then put my hair up in a bun so that it's not all over my face. I walk downstairs to find everyone gathered in the dinning area. Ban holding a cake. They all start singing happy birthday. I throw on my biggest smile as I blow out the candles a making a wish. Then near the end of the night. Meliodas throws a piece of cake at me. And I glare at him. Making everyone laugh at my cake face I wipe off the cake and shove a pice of ham into his mouth. And then I smile at the pay back.

~~~Time Skip~~~

~~~Meliodas's POV~~~

(Y/n) and Diane fell asleep on kings chastifol Elizabeth has gone into our room not too long ago to try and sleep. I stop drinking, and punch Ban for being so loud trying to wake the girls up.

"Those girls need to go to bed Cap'n" Ban hiccups through his sentence.

"King and I will put them to bed. Don't worry about it." Ban nods sleepily and passes punt on the bar stool. Walk up to the sleeping group on chastifol and kick King awake to tell him to help me. He floats chastifol over to the girls bedroom after making sure they were secure on there. I pick (Y/n) up to put her onto her bed. King does the same to Diane. I was about to walk over to my room. (Y/n) burst out laughing witch startled me. I covered up
My mouth to try and cover up my own laughter. But she was still asleep. What was she dreaming about? I chuckled at the sudden outburst and leave the room for them to sleep.
———————————————————————————
This is the Ultamate cringe. I'm going to change some stuff with the story, though minor changes.
Edited release: April 2 2020
Word count: 1420