Memmories

"Helbram! Where are you!! Oh gosh, king's gonna kill me if he found out I lost you!" The young self of me yelled. I then hear a slight chuckle as I look to see who made the noise. But all I saw was the brilliance if green grass. "Helbram where are you?" I complained, not expecting a response. I was tired and I had already been looking for him for over an hour.

"Quit yelling (Y/n) I'm over here!" He then sits up from laying down on the grassy hill. I guess he blended in.

"Oh, so you're okay?" I approach his sitting figure.

"Of course I'm ok. Why wouldn't I be?" He looks up at me, obviously confused.

"I dunno." My shoulder shrug. I sit down next to him and we lay back on the cushioning grass. We stay in silence for what seems like forever until Helbram breaks it.

"Hey (Y/n)?" My head looks over to see Helbram still looking at the sky.

"Hmm?"

"A star may look small in size, but once you look at it from up there it isn't so small." Out of all the time to talk about science, why now? Why on such a lovely evening?

"Yes, what are you getting at?" I sit back up and look at him with confusion.

"I'm saying that even though king may be small, he is the most powerful person I know. So if you meet someone like him but they don't have the same motives to protect, I need you to run the opposite direction." Helbram says. He turned to me with a new found determination in his eye. His quote and his meaning are two different things though.

"Awe! look at my brothers trying to protect me. Don't worry! all the plants and animals will be my knights." I smile

"But (Y/n). There are monsters in this world who are more powerful than your animal friends. Don't forget that ok?"

"Okay!" I giggle and try try to reach my hand to the stars. But no matter how hard I try to touch it, it slips out of my hands.

~~~~~~

I then wake up with a violent shaking. "Wha-what?" I ask. I'm met with a pair of purple eyes looking at me with concern. I rub the sleepiness from my face.

"(Y/N)!Are you okay?" She asked, clearly concerned for me.

"Yes, why wouldnt I be?" My head tilts slightly at her odd behavior.

"Your crying!" Her hands on my shoulder tighten around me. I feel the hot stream of liquid fall from my eyes and onto the shaking hands on my lap. Then it hits me.

"Diane, what's today?" I ask in a calm but shaky voice.

"June 17th, why?" I stand up and put my shoes quickly on and walk to the door. I didn't even bother to brush my hair out, or change my clothes.

"I'm going on a walk." I state. But before I could fully exit the room I hear Diane yell my name with a worried tone. I walk into town and then walk out of it. It was small, so it was an easy walk through. I kept walking for what seemed for like ten minutes before I sit down on a similar hill to the one from my past. I then touch my small finger to the floor sending a small wave of my magic into the ground. I wait a couple of minutes until a creature came to me nuzzling it's snout under my forearms. It then settles its big brown body on the ground behind me and then curls into a protective ball leaving me in the middle. I look up at the stars. Remembering the amount of times my brother and I would look at them. Tears rolled out of my eyes but I blinked them away when I heard footsteps approaching. Though I stayed in the same position. The bear then curled tighter around my body protectively and started to growl.

"You know, it's not nice to just up and leave the tavern without telling somebody first." Meliodas states. His hands where comfortable in his pockets as he approached me.

"I told Diane, so it's fine." I said looking down at the bear and petting him softly.  Meliodas then sighs and try's to step closer but when he does the bear jumps up and goes into a protective stance trying to protect me.

"Do you mind?" Meliodas asked, laughing slightly.

"Yes" I state simply. He sighs once more before chopping the bear in a pressure point causing it to pass out. Meliodas walks without interruptions this time. He sits right infront of me. But my attention was focused on the poor bear.

"Look at me." He demands.

"No" I say being the stubborn girl I am. I try to get up to help the bear, but to my surprise he puts his hand under my chin and forces me to look up at him.

Without me knowing, tears fell out of my eyes faster than they should've been. He looks at me with confusion and worry. I hear multiple things coming my way. Like a stampede. He looks behind me. His eyes widen with surprise. I then do the same and look behind me. The family's a foxes, bears, bunnies, birds, deer, owls, squirrels, wolves and raccoons gather behind me trying some way to comfort me. But they only make my tears roll down my cheeks faster as they remind me of the amount of animals I used to talk to at the fairy kings forest.

"I-I wish" I stumble out the words in my mouth. I reached for them and they immediately swarmed me.

"You wish?" Meliodas repeats. He watched as I cried in their fur.

"I want to hear them. I want to hear them again." I choke out from my sobs." T-this is the day I lost it all." I turn back around and Meliodas embraces me.

I don't try to pull away.

I don't fight it.

I sob and welcome it. I  clench on the sleeves of his clothes as if it was the last thing I could ever hold.  I cry and cry and with every sob that comes out of my mouth I can feel meliodas hugging my tighter. I wish he would hold me under a different situation. But I'm pretty sure this is just out of pity. The tears finally stop coming out of my eyes after about two hours. and I fall asleep in Meliodas's arms. I feel that he loosened his grip on me but carried me back to the boar hat bridal style, as he put me in the bed he was about to walk away but I hold onto his sleeve.

"Stay. Please." I beg. His bangs cover his beautiful green eyes that I could get lost in every time I look at them.

He hesitates only for just a moment. Thinking about how much trouble Hawk would put him through in the morning. "Okay." He said anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I big improvement this time! Tell
Me what you think.
Edited release: April 9 2020
Word count :1201