Mirror

Make sure to check out the bottom note!
——————————————————————————

It's been about a month since the news. Diane, at some point, told king. But when she did, he did not take it lightly. He went into hysterics for three days. Then had a newfound determination to protect her. Sounds sweet right?

Wrong. He has been bugging her non stop for the last two weeks. About her health and such. But I just left that whole situation alone. It's none of my business.

Where am I? Training again.

"Pay attention." Merlin says. "Actually, no. Don't pay attention. It would be less painful with the.....stance you're in" for the last couple of days, Merlin has been trying to get me flexible.. the first thing she did was have me do a butterfly with my legs, then she put them all the way down on the floor for three hours.

Right now, I'm doing the splits. For 5 hours. Right now I'm about 2 hours in.

"I'm gonna add a little twist to your training today." Merlin says.

Through gritted teeth, I reply. "What do you mean?"

She looks at me with her almost catlike golden eyes and then dismisses my question. So I just left it be. You would think that after three hours of doing the splits, the pain in your thigh would subside. Wrong. I'm stretching a muscle that's has never attempted a split in her life. So it's a bit painful.

"Alright it's time." Merlin states. I open my eyes not remembering closing them in the first place.

"What?"

"It's been five hours."

I look at her for a minute. "Again. What?"

"Do I have to spell it out for you?"

" you might have to because half a second ago, I was only two hours in. And know it's what, seven at night?"

"Strange." Merlin disobeys the laws of personal space and touches my forehead. "It looks like your mind went in some sort of a rest mode. Like you're thoughts were completely empty that it chose to pass the time until you thought of something else."

"So sleeping?"

"More or less. Though it's incredible how you could sleep in such a state. How do your legs feel?"

I hastily get up from the floor. The growing ace in my thigh bothersome.

"I could be better. But what was this twist you were talking about?"

Merlin put her hand to her chin and smirked. "There is a reason why I made you do the stretches for that amount of time."

"Of course there was. I wouldn't have been doing it if there wasn't."

"Well. While you were quiet. I studied every inch and aspect of your body."

At her comment. I immediately cover myself with my hands and jump back.

"You pervert! Or pedophile! I know you're older than me!"

"What's this about being a pedophile?" A new voice enters the air.

"Ban. Shut up will you? I'm trying to explain something." Merlin Asks forwardly.

"Nah. Now that I'm here I'm not gonna listen to any rules. Heh. Never have anyway." Ban says smirking.

Merlin sighs and shakes her head. "Anyway. I studied you so that I could have a dummy replica. I want you to fight yourself. This will be your training until you can defeat yourself. Every time I make a new copy, it will have the same strength and intelligence as you do now."

I stare at her blankly. This was brilliant. But no less was expected from her. I open my mouth to say something but before I could, the snap of fingers could be heard through the atmosphere. A figure appears out of dust. I stare back at myself like a mirror. This dummy has the same thoughts and feelings as me. The same strength and voice as me. I reach out to poke her, but she does the same.

"Merlin this is amazing. It's life like." I say.

"Yes of course. The only way to tell the difference is that one bleeds and the other doesn't.

"So the real me will blend but the fake wouldn't? The dummy says.

"Precisely."

"Let's test that." I demand. I pull out the dagger that was at my side that I bought the other day with canturion. Wishing the second, I had pricked me and the dummy's finger. My heart beat ran through my finger as a sight pain ejected from it. The red liquid spilt to the ground. I look up too see nothing coming out of the dummy's pricked finger. "Fair enough for me I suppose. Shall we get started then?"

"Yes. You may use your dagger for both of you. I sent hawk to get Elizabeth as an aid in your injuries. As for the dummy, it is not needed." She informs us. If Elizabeth is gonna be there I'm fine.  I ready my stance. "With the power invested in me, may this battle begin."

At first, the space was silent. No one moved. Now that I think about it, that's how I think. I wait til the person moves to attack. I take a step forward to intimidate, and the dummy starts running. As she nears me, I attempt to kick her from under her feat but fail terribly.

She jumps up avoiding my attack and I loose my balance. I was dumb and didn't use the strength of the kick, basically the momentum, to steady myself up right. But no. No no no. Doesn't work that way. Her feet landed the floor gracefully. She waited for me to stand up. So I did.

Little did I know that it would be the death of me.

She kicked my stomach, causing me to fall backwards. And within that time she managed to get behind my and push my back upwards and threw me.

She sighed. " this is child's play. You have to be smarter than this (y/n). You're ruining my image."

"What the hell merlin! You said that she has the exact same aspects as me!"

" she does. But she thinks differently. She uses her abilities and thinks of things to do. She is capable of it. And if she is you are too. You're too dumb to figure that out though." The dummy just smirks as I stand up sloppily.

"Fuck you merlin."

I resume.

———————————————————————————

Whatcha think of that huh? I'm proud of myself. I'm doing a Q&A so think of some questions for me and leave them In the comments!