Unfortunate events

I'm not gonna lie. It had been a little awkward between me and Meliodas ever since my episode of a mental breakdown.

In all honesty, because of this awkwardness, I tried my best to avoid him.

There was this one time when he tried asking me to go and clean the tables for the bar opening. I only nodded my head in a acknowledgment to his request and I went to do as he asked, but I tripped over one of the legs of a chair. This has caused a chain reaction between the chairs making then fall like dominos.

I had covered my face in embarrassment but picked up each and every chair in front of many men in the bar.

Despite my easily flustered self and my new found awkwardness towards the captain of the Seven Deadly Sins, I failed to be friendly towards Merlin.

When she told me about my new race, I felt more like an experiment more than anything else. Her eyes held curiosity as she checked my body over. Like a tiger hunting it's pray.

Later, she had talked to me about a staff and what it would benefit for me. She shook her head furiously when I couldn't get the gist

"If your magic power was a huge lake how much power can you scoop out with just your hands? But if you had a magical weapon. I can draw out large amounts of water." King shrugged out easily. I could tell he explained it more than once. He would be a good teacher

"What if I don't want a staff. What if I want a sword or something?" My legs swung back and forth from my sitting place at the front counter. Ban was in the back making his heavenly food and Meliodas was preoccupied cleaning one of the mugs with a rag.

Merlin rubbed her temples and looked at me with a glare. As if I was supposed to know this stuff originally. "Mages tend to be more in the back Field. Meaning that they are more defensive then offensive. They have offense spells, but majority of them are support spells.
So it makes sense if they prefer a larger kind of magical weapon. The larger the weapon, the more power it draws out. Same with the durability and naturalness meaning what it's made from." Merlin explains thoroughly like she normally did. Her annoyance still evident in her voice. It was as clear as day.

"Looks like I gotta go get me a staff the huh?" I put my hand on my chin and nodded in understanding.

"Not particularly. I would rather you forget being a mage and stay here while we deal with everything. But you could help us a lot with support if you learn from Merlin." Despite being busy, Meliodas never had the problem of eavesdropping in on conversations such as these.

I turned to the blonde boy, but quickly looked to the floor once I noticed he too was looking at me.

"Look it's really late and I'm getting really tired so do you think I can call it a day?" I hopped off of the counter and dusted off the skirt to my uniform. "I'll sleep on it. I wanna help you guys out there, but I feel like I'd be more useful here. My choices are fighting with each other. And honestly? I don't know what to do. So I must gonna go to bed okay?" My bear nuzzled his head under my palm in hopes to calm me down.

I smiled lightly at him and trailed up the stairs lazily. Not only was that a lot of info to take in, but the work load today was a little to much for my poor body.

I closed my door behind me and put my back against it, sliding down into a sitting position.

"What would you do in my situation?" I smiled weakly at my brown bear from my spot on the floor. He looked at me with his cold eyes. Laying down with his head on my feet and then he sighed

"That's not my choice to make. But let me remind you of something." The bear rolled around onto his back and he held his paws up in the air. "Meliodas prefers you to stay here with Elizabeth but, you're not here for him." The bear lazily stood up and lunged out of the window with easy. Hearing a few broken bones from the outside and a few "what the hell's" from Ban.

I sighed and shoot my head at his behavior.

Groaning and rolling my head from side to side to loosed up a bit, I got up from my spot on the floor and put on a nightgown. I struggled to get under the covers but finally managed to after a few seconds.

"This stupid life of mine is too hard!" I yelled into my pillow

A few minutes later, I heard a knock at my door. Just as I was about to fall into the pits of slumber too. I got up and opened the door to find King, laying on his levitating chastifol.

"Ehm, yes?" I ask with tired eyes. He normally didn't come randomly. He began to mumble under his breath making it hard for me to hear. "Can you speak up King? I don't have that good hearing."

The floating boy remains unresponsive and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Was he sleeping floating?

He just kept mumbling. All of a sudden, he pushed past me and planted himself on Diane's bed. Snuggly into her pillow with a look of bliss.

I giggled and left the room shortly after to tell Diane. Hoping for her to get him out of the room so that I could get some sleep.

Just as I was about to take my last step onto the second floor, Elizabeth rush up the stairs with Meliodas next to her. They had panicked looks of their faces.

"(Y/n)! Have you seen king?" Elizabeth asked. She grabbed ahold of my hand and held it up.

Today just kept on getting stranger what day was it? "Uh-Yeah? He's in my roo- wait what's goin on..?"

"Thank you!" She rushed past me, my eyes followed her. My mouth opened wider with confusion.

"Welcome?" I was rather offended she had offset my question.

"King agreed to be one of Merlin test subjects. At first it seemed innocent. But then he became  all dead." Meliodas shrugged.

"Wait, you said he became dead? Is he dead?" I panicked.

"No I was using it as an example."

"Ohhhhhhh no." My hands covered my mouth in realization. This had happened before. Back In the forest. I then rushed back into my room to find that king had his chastifol in his increase configuration. His blades were individually placed into the wall as like a pattern. He was making art on my walls by cutting the dry wall.

The culprit floated around the room as if he was innocent. Then, his chastifol turned into his fluffy bear form. Almost representing Centurion. Elizabeth was trying to calm him down from destroying anything else.

"King, Go to bed. It's alright now. Let's go take a nap ok?" His head whipped in my direction and his expression changed to one of annoyance. He mumbled some words and then his chastifol started to form into a...

Large flower.

"Shit!" I said as Meliodas walked in, whistling like it was just another normal day. Before I could say anything to him, Meliodas punched King in the gut, stopping him from forming his sunflower fully.

King grumbled in anger and mumbled more words to his Chastifol. He was about to go for a second attempt.

"King! Damnit just go to sleep already! " I shouted. Pointing at King like a mother would scolding her own son.

King was about to bark nonsense at me but the moment he looked into my eyes he dropped to the floor. His Chastifol turned into his pillow and dropped onto of the passed out boy.

My jaw dropped as I rushed to his side to check for injuries. Did I do that?

________________________________
Updated release date: Febuary 6th, 2021