•7•

• Finn's POV

I was still drinking beer. April had fallen asleep. The moon shone over some parts of her face and hands and made them glow. She really looked so pure and innocent. Her lips were perfectly curved. Her eyes were shut and her eyelashes rested on her upper cheekbones. I leaned near. Oh fuck, god what am I doing, I'm probably drunk. Now I was looking at the ground in a facepalm posture and in disbelief. What the hell?!

I fell asleep.

• April's POV

Ouch my back hurts. Why did I sleep on the roof last night?! Oh I remembered! Wait, what? We sang songs together, wow unbelievable. I'm not even sure if it was real! But when I fully opened my eyes I saw Finn asleep beside me. He was slowly slipping off the roof. I chuckled and pulled him up.

"Mhh leave me alone Malcolm." He mumbled.
"Malcolm? Seriously?! How can you compare Malcolm with me?!"
"Oh just 5 more minutes."
"I'm fine with that if you're fine with slipping off the roof!" I shrugged and he suddenly sat bolt upright.
"What?! Oof you scared me!" He pushed me and I was nearly falling when he caught me again.
"Oh sorry, I do hate you but I didn't mean to push you down you know..."
"It's fine. Nobody would really care if I fell anyway."
"Don't say that."
"What, the truth?"
"Do you have any acquai_"
"Finn? April?" Ayla said rubbing her puffy red eyes.
"Everybody's still asleep." She said while she was trying not to yawn. Then she awkwardly headed inside again.
"Hah we better go before she falls off the stairs or something." I giggled.
"Yeah."
I went downstairs and everyone eventually woke up.
"Hey Ayla, would you mind taking me to where we were gonna go yesterday, today?" I asked.
"Where?" Everyone suddenly attacked.
"I was going to take her to the bookstore near here, she.. ya know... she_"
"Was looking for a job." I completed her.

"She can join our band if you're thinking Ayla, I mean we're fine now, aren't we?" He faced me and I nervously nodded.
"Wow such a sudden change of mood! But it doesn't matter as long as it's good news!" Ayla exclaimed.

They left after breakfast and I decided to text Finn as I was still shocked.

A : What made you change your mind?
F : About?
A : Me joining the band.
F : I really don't know!
A : What?!

He didn't answer... what was up with him?!

I went to the supermarket with my bike to grab some grubby grub. XD grab a grubby grub does sound funny.
When I came back I organized the mess and ate and read and watched the TV till...

-Time Skip > afternoon-

I got a text from Jack :
Up for some chords to our new lyrics?
I answered : "Hell yeah." and headed towards their house.

I rang the bell..(for the first time! I really don't know why we all used to knock XD.)

Nobody opened the door. I rang again..
I heard somethings but couldn't figure out what. I decided to text Malcolm.
A : Hey there Malcolm you at home? Why aren't you opening the door?
M : Hi, no Ayla and I are at the supermarket, Jack is in the backyard and Finn is in the house so IDK why they don't open the door. Try reaching Jack from your own backyard, haha.
A : Alright, I'm going to sneak in. :/
M : haha, really sorry.
———————————

I went home again and sneaked up on Jack through my own backyard.

"Hey Jack, nobody was opening the door so I had to come to your house through my own."
"Oh sorry, as you see I was in here, couldn't here you ring or knock. But Finn and his anonymous girlfriend are in, probably making out."
"What?!"
"Go make sure they don't eat each other."

I went in the house. Did Finn have a girlfriend and were the sounds I heard... no ew.. gross..

I went in but Finn wasn't in the hall. I went upstairs to check his room. His room's door was closed. So I guess they were making out.
But, I heard low sniffing sounds. Wait, what? Was he crying? I softly knocked on the door.
"Go away, Jack!" He shouted with a raspy voice.
"It's April. May I come in?"
"No."
"Finn, I'm.. uhh.. are you okay?"
"You really want an answer? No! I'm not okay. Leave!" He sounded alone.
"Are you with your girlfriend?" I blurted out.
"What?! Girlfriend? Haha, did Jack tell you?"
"Yes?" I said still behind his closed door.
"Come in." He nervously said.
I slowly turned the door knob.
There he was, wet cheeks, red eyes, damp curls, and hidden eyes. I closed the door behind me. I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable so I didn't say "Oh god are you crying?!"
Instead I just sat on the ground beside him.
"Don't you wanna act like you really care, don't you wanna look shocked?" Finn gave out a sarcastic laugh.
I shook my head.
"I just wanted to be left alone, that's why I told Jack my girlfriend was coming. The one who doesn't exist!" He giggled.
I now looked at him with caring eyes.
He was looking at the ground.
I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and laid my head on his shoulder.
I actually was curious why he was crying but I... I couldn't just ask.