•44•

I was heading back to the room when Daniel came out.
"Ap... April... Mom!" He stuttered.
I frowned in confusion and walked past him entering the room.
"April..." Auntie said with a weak and low voice.
"Auntie!"
"Go... run..."
"What?!"
"Go!" She chocked on her on words.
"Where? What do you mean auntie?"
"Your.... your... dad..." She said between coughs.
"April?" A masculine voice said from behind me.
Too late to run.
I sighed and turned to face him.
I looked at him in the eyes, maybe I could figure out what he was thinking, maybe I could figure out why. But he was just... expressionless.
Tears threatened to spill.
"Auntie, I have to... go now... but I... I will come visit you when you're out of this place, ok? Be safe." I turned and told my aunt and she just nodded in response.
"April wait... April we need to talk!" My so called dad said.
I walked past him and he tried to grab me by my shoulders but I dodged.
Why was he here?
Why now?
Why?
"Talk about what?! About you being an alcoholic and leaving me?! About what?! Tell me!" I yelled and ran for the exit door.
I ran my fingers on my face wiping the warm tears that had already streamed down.

*buzz*buzz*

/\/
Ap : Ayla you called at the worst time ever_
Ay : April,... you okay?
Ap : If you really want to know... NO!
/\/

I had never had two flights in one day but I was definitely not staying there one more day.

• Finn's POV

I got bored and headed outside. Yes, it was 1 AM. No, I wasn't tired.
I closed the front door carefully trying not to make any sound.
"Finn?" I'm sure I detected April's voice. I turned my face and there she stood in front of her door.
"April?"
"Haha, why are you acting so suspicious?" She asked.
"I didn't want to wake anyone up. When did you come? How's your aunt?"
"I just arrived and my aunt is... fine." She said letting her head drop down. I didn't say anything, what could I say?
"Where are you heading to?" She asked after some moments of silence.
"I don't know."
"Do you want to come in?" She said as she unlocked the door.
I lightly shrugged and entered her house as she held the door open for me.
"April..."
"Mhm?"
"My... my dad wants me to go live with them."
I said and her eyes widened in shock but then she bursted into a fit of laughter.
"Is it funny?" I asked.
"No one can force you to do anything. You won't do anything you don't like." She said.
"What if I want to?" Her expression changed blankly.
"Do you?" She asked.
I left her question unanswered.

"It's your life, you choose. If you think it's worth it..." She said after a few moments of silence and I gestured for her to continue.
"Finn, I... I saw my dad."
"W-what? Where?"
"Uh... at the... the hospital," She seemed so mixed up. "I know how you feel, you want your dad, your childhood, the moments you should've lived... but you didn't. Finn, I miss mine too, I want all of these... but, everything has changed, even me."