•34•

I couldn't get any sleep.
I turned my phone on. It was 2 PM.
I had fallen asleep at 10 PM and had woken up an hour later.
I had missed calls and several text from Ayla and Jack.
Malcolm was probably pissed and knew that I had left for some time.

Ayla;*
April where are you?
We need to practice.
You okay?
Why aren't you answering me?
April!
It's almost been an hour I've been texting you nonstop!
Aren't you at home?
I checked out your home twice!
I kept knocking but,
Are you in there?
April ANSWER ME!

I sighed and turned off my phone again.
Thanks god Malcom hadn't told her about last night.

• Finn's POV

There was no news of April.
My mind was full of maybes.
I knew she wouldn't answer my calls or texts so I didn't bother do any of them.
Her room's curtain was drawn and she wasn't on her roof either.

• April's POV

Just when I thank god and appreciate my home and friends and life it stabs me in the back leaving me wordless.
A loud voice inside me was shouting I had to leave.
I said bye to Josh at the supermarket and headed back home.
Just before I was going in someone grabbed my wrist.
I gasped and turned to look who was behind me.
"Finn?"
"April. Why weren't you answering Ayla? You weren't at home?"
"Come in."
At that we went inside.
"I was just... my phone had died. By the way, I think... I need sometime to myself."
"Uh... what do you mean?"
"I myself don't know what I mean."
He ignored my weird comment and left with a 'I gotta go'.
I would leave for my secret garden tonight.
I placed my hands on my piano once again.
Crying every note I played. I played and played nonstop. I didn't feel like eating or sleeping. I had huge dark bags under my red eyes.
I turned on my phone and texted Finn.

"You know what... I guess you can't expect anything more than this, from apologetic parents. They just left and apologized. I'm doing the exact same thing, aren't I? I'm screwing up my own life! I don't want it to affect you guys' lives as well. I wish you understood. I'm nothing more than a mess right now, I'm sinking in this stinking sticky puddle of mud and I just... I just can't get out!"

I texted referring to other things as well besides Charlie.
I left the house and as soon as I arrived at the secret garden I sat behind the piano.
I started playing the melody Finn had cried to.

• Finn's POV

What? What in the world does she mean? She also had texted me to cover up for her when she's gone.
Gone...?

-Time Skip-

• April's POV

I woke up getting blind by the sunlight because yeah I was not under any roof, there were only walls surrounding me. I had fallen asleep sitting on the piano with my head resting on the keys.
I got up and shook the dust off of my clothes.
I went to the supermarket to grab some food for the day.

I took a pocket of juice and cake and started eating it as breakfast? Then I took a conserve of Tuna fish for lunch and_
"Malcolm?!"
"Hi April. I'm... so sorry about my actions that night. I was just mad at the moment and I understand you now. I'm sorry, I... really am."
"It's fine," I gave him a gentle smile. "And by the way, I'm just staying with a friend for tonight. Tell the rest I cannot pick my phone up if they ask, ok?" I said and he nodded.

I got on my bike again and went back to the place but as soon as I got near I saw Finn.
He had his back to my side staring at walls of the place but the sound of the plastic bags falling off of my hands made him turn back.
"April?!"
"Finn?!"
"Uh... I didn't think by 'gone' you would mean here... and what was the whole text thing? You okay?"
"First the text was just... bullshit. Second of all don't pretend like you care, we hate each other don't we?" I shrugged the thought away giggling and chuckling.