•29•

I woke up at 5:46 AM. I was extremely thirsty and I couldn't find the water bottles.
The only way was the lake I had discovered before. I wore my shoes and set off.

• Finn's POV

I couldn't sleep but as soon as I had fell asleep I felt something like a mosquito or something on my head. I bolted upright and shook my head so it would go away. That was when I realized April wasn't there.
I looked out of the tent but I still found no sign of her.
At that I put on my shoes and went to check out the surroundings.
"April?" I whispered to nowhere hoping she'd answer.
I called for her over and over again.
"Ap_" I saw the shadow of a figure move beside the lake.
I moved farther cautiously.
"April?" Someone I presume was April was drinking water.
"Finn?!" She looked shocked.
"What are you doing here?"
"I was drinking water. What are you doing?"
"I was looking for you. Why didn't you drink from the bottles?"
"I couldn't find them." She said as she sat on a log. She took long breath in.
"Don't you wanna go back to the tent?" I asked.

• April's POV

"No," I said. "You go back, get some sleep."
"Alright, be careful I don't want you to be eaten by any wild creature."
"Okay dad."
He rolled his eyes and left.
I waited for some minutes so I was sure he had already gotten to our tent. I went back as well and climbed up one of the trees near the tents.
The sun was slowly rising turning the sky into a lighter shade of cotton candy blue.
I had my phone with me so I took a picture.

Then I made a swift jump and landed on the ground

Then I made a swift jump and landed on the ground. I went in our tent and sat beside Finn. I went near his face to see if his eyes were fully closed. Yes they were.
I don't know why but I just didn't want to move away.
I was afraid to breathe, afraid that he would wake up feeling my exhale touching his face, but I could hold my breath no more.
I inhaled and a cool scent of burnt sugar filled my nose.
I tried to exhale as slow and soft as possible but I failed.
The air hit his cheeks like wind in a summer night.
His eyes grew half open but I didn't move. I froze and just gazed at his gloomy dark brown eyes. His thick lashes barely let me detect his pupils.
He furrowed his eyebrows a little bit that caused his eyes to get closed so I used the split second and moved myself back.

"Good...Good morning." I stuttered as he yawned.
"Guys! We're leaving!" Ayla shouted from outside so I got up and started packing stuff.

-Time Skip-

We arrived at their house and everybody sat in a circle.
"Truth or dare on!"
"Ugh! Not again!" Malcolm and I whined.
"No way outta this!" Ayla said acting serious.

"Jack ask Malcolm."
"So truth or dare?"
"Truth."
"Have you ever had a crush?"
"No."
"Seriously?"
"It was one question not a series of questions!"
"Alright Malcolm ask Ayla"
"Truth or dare?" Malcolm asked.
"Dare!"
"Write 'I am a clumsy bitch' with your butt."
"Easy peasy!" Then she started moving her butt on the wall and we all burst out laughing.
"Alright, Ayla ask Finn."
"Kiss Charlie. On the lips! I said I wouldn't forget next time!" Ayla said being proud she remembered.
I felt weird.
"I'm not a loser so..." Finn pecked Charlie's lips and moved away quickly as Charlie's face heated up and she ran her fingers in her really short boyish cut brown hair.
"Finn ask April."
"Truth or dare?"
"Dare."
"You never pick truth."
"Do you?" I pointed out knowing we both didn't want to bring up anything of our past and feelings.
"Whatever. Mmm, let me think...
Uh-huh! Give someone your phone and let them send one text to anyone in your contacts."
"Uh... I guess Malcolm is the most reliable?" I said handing Malcolm my phone.
"I'm gonna pick random so don't kill me," Malcolm said. "What should I send? Pff I'll send 'yo bitch!'. Done."
I snatched my phone back.
"Oh no...oh no...no. no. no."
"What happened?" Malcolm asked with a worried expression.
"You texted... Joanna!"